Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Who Will Be Our Game Changer?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

#61 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

My vote is for Kesler and Schneider.
The lockout just might benefit the Canucks because Kesler has more time to heal and get ready for another run.
Cory Schneider is also a guy who can get red hot and pull a Tim T.

#62 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,213 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

Kesler.

He is the one player who has the talent to play a big role, but also has the attributes of power and speed where you cannot simply trump him with certain physical match ups. Burrows gets honourable mention; a 185 lb version of Dustin Brown.

Unsung hero is Hamhuis, followed by Hansen and Higgins.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 28 August 2012 - 12:19 AM.

#63 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:01 AM

Enough of Doan already.

I watched a game yesterday where the Canucks beat Phoenix 5-0 in Phoenix ...............and I had to check to see if he was playing. There are going to be a hell of a lot of disappointed people on here if we pay BIG money for this guy.

And I agree with most in picking a fit Kesler and Burrouws. Raymond is NOT a game changer but when fit he does make things happen

Edited by Bodee, 28 August 2012 - 02:03 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#64 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:41 AM

I don't know if this team will win until it's clear who is steering the boat come playoff time. Just about every Cup champion has had that one player who willed their team through all four rounds (Brown, Toews, Malkin, Neidermeyer, Brind'Amour, Yzerman, Sakic, Forsberg, Messier, etc). A healthy Kesler might be that person. Maybe it's Doan, if he's coming here. It's not the Sedins, though. They'll be important pieces, but neither of them wear the cape in the Playoffs. It's not enough just to play really good hockey.

#65 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,161 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

I don't know if this team will win until it's clear who is steering the boat come playoff time. Just about every Cup champion has had that one player who willed their team through all four rounds (Brown, Toews, Malkin, Neidermeyer, Brind'Amour, Yzerman, Sakic, Forsberg, Messier, etc). A healthy Kesler might be that person. Maybe it's Doan, if he's coming here. It's not the Sedins, though. They'll be important pieces, but neither of them wear the cape in the Playoffs. It's not enough just to play really good hockey.

If we can somehow get Patrick Kane for Luongo then Kane will be the game changer (he got 16 goals in one playoff year in NHL 12)

But again its NHL 12, so anything can happen.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#66 Hunter.S-Kerouac

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

Honey badger to the rescue

#67 Puck'nAnimal

Puck'nAnimal

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

Not too concerned about who our game changer is going to be. They all need to step up equally if we're going to go after the Cup.

On the other hand. If there's a lockout. Well...you've got yer game-changer right there. The NHL owners and league executives.

gallery_80434_550_54175.jpg

Win It For Gino in 2016! (a guy can hope)

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.