The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What would you change about Canucks games?

Linden Legend

I am sure a lot of people on these boards have season tickets. If not season tickets, then I am sure everyone on here tries to get to a bunch of games every season to see our Canucks do battle.

My question to all of you is this:

What would you change about the experience of going to Rogers Arena to see a game?

**one rule: your answer cannot be the people in the lower bowl. Everyone down there has just as much right to buy those tickets as you do! I hate it when people complain about this!**

For me, the things I would change would be as follows:

1) Beer prices- we all pay the money there but c'mon....paying that much for budweiser sucks!

2) More men's washrooms- seriously if you haven't noticed this there are easily twice as many female washrooms as mens. Nothing sucks more than spending half your intermission in a bathroom line and then spending the other half in a concession line.

3) better music!- fact: Nicki Minaj and all other music like it is enough to make people nauseous. I hate the club crap they play in stops in play. Its terrible. Fix it!

I thought you would be asking about the actual game; not the arena nor the experience...

Which in that case I would have said stop the collective play of average players and go for superstars instead; a 2nd 1C to play behind Henrik and a franchise 1D to play with the average players already on the team.

Re: #3...

You'd think the corporate crowd would increase the demand for more classic rock. I mean, esp. if we're sticking with the U2 intro for the foreseeable future. There are plenty of timeless songs to choose from in that category and they all get the crowd going. Moreso that 'baboom-badoom, baboom-badoom, superbass!' anyday.

However, maybe there's money involved with pumping out the current 'hits.'

I am sure a lot of people on these boards have season tickets. If not season tickets, then I am sure everyone on here tries to get to a bunch of games every season to see our Canucks do battle.

My question to all of you is this:

What would you change about the experience of going to Rogers Arena to see a game?

**one rule: your answer cannot be the people in the lower bowl. Everyone down there has just as much right to buy those tickets as you do! I hate it when people complain about this!**

For me, the things I would change would be as follows:

1) Beer prices- we all pay the money there but c'mon....paying that much for budweiser sucks!

2) More men's washrooms- seriously if you haven't noticed this there are easily twice as many female washrooms as mens. Nothing sucks more than spending half your intermission in a bathroom line and then spending the other half in a concession line.

3) better music!- fact: Nicki Minaj and all other music like it is enough to make people nauseous. I hate the club crap they play in stops in play. Its terrible. Fix it!

• Better, local beer. Budweiser is horse piss as far as I'm concerned. There's so much great beer in BC to choose from.

• No cellphone policy. Movie theatres do this and no one complains.

• Make Duncan Keith sit with the fans next time the Hawks are in town. Ensure all security guards are on a coffee break when this happens.

WAY cheaper tickets. I can almost buy a flight to Phoenix and watch a Canucks game there cheaper, I have before. Make the crowd get more pumped up. We have have a big crowd but it is always so quiet. WAY to many people on facebook and twitter on their phones, the game should have their attention not a phone. Cheaper food and beer to would be nice.

Re: #3...

You'd think the corporate crowd would increase the demand for more classic rock. I mean, esp. if we're sticking with the U2 intro for the foreseeable future. There are plenty of timeless songs to choose from in that category and they all get the crowd going. Moreso that 'baboom-badoom, baboom-badoom, superbass!' anyday.

However, maybe there's money involved with pumping out the current 'hits.'

I agree with the music. Also fire DJ Dave, he is terrible. His song selection sucks, his attempts to pump up the crowd are terrible and overall he brings down the experience of the game instead of raising it. That being said he won't stop me from watching the Canucks, but it does need to change.

• Better, local beer.  Budweiser is horse piss as far as I'm concerned.  There's so much great beer in BC to choose from.

• No cellphone policy.  Movie theatres do this and no one complains.

• Make Duncan Keith sit with the fans next time the Hawks are in town.  Ensure all security guards are on a coffee break when this happens.

For me, I would definitely agree with the music complaint. I complain about the abysmal music at Rogers Arena any chance I can get. The music choices are almost always terrible and often do little more than kill any chance for people to get into the game. The music is tailor made for young girls and very few others, in my opinion.

Also, I would suggest that we have some of the most horrible, overpriced food I have ever had. I have been to 2 other hockey arenas, 2 football stadiums, and several European soccer stadiums, and we have by far the worst food. There is nothing unique about our food options, and this is in a city with unbelievable ethnic food, great seafood, and a generally great food scene.

Archived