Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

What would you change about Canucks games?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

I am sure a lot of people on these boards have season tickets. If not season tickets, then I am sure everyone on here tries to get to a bunch of games every season to see our Canucks do battle.

My question to all of you is this:

What would you change about the experience of going to Rogers Arena to see a game?

**one rule: your answer cannot be the people in the lower bowl. Everyone down there has just as much right to buy those tickets as you do! I hate it when people complain about this!**

For me, the things I would change would be as follows:

1) Beer prices- we all pay the money there but c'mon....paying that much for budweiser sucks!
2) More men's washrooms- seriously if you haven't noticed this there are easily twice as many female washrooms as mens. Nothing sucks more than spending half your intermission in a bathroom line and then spending the other half in a concession line.
3) better music!- fact: Nicki Minaj and all other music like it is enough to make people nauseous. I hate the club crap they play in stops in play. Its terrible. Fix it!

"He'll play! You know he'll play! He'll play on crutches!"
"Adams shoots...SCORES!!! Greg Adams!!! Greg Adams!!!"
"They've slayed the dragon!!"

#2 Sensemaker

Sensemaker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

I thought you would be asking about the actual game; not the arena nor the experience...

Which in that case I would have said stop the collective play of average players and go for superstars instead; a 2nd 1C to play behind Henrik and a franchise 1D to play with the average players already on the team.

Edited by Sensemaker, 27 August 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#3 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,718 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Re: #3...

You'd think the corporate crowd would increase the demand for more classic rock. I mean, esp. if we're sticking with the U2 intro for the foreseeable future. There are plenty of timeless songs to choose from in that category and they all get the crowd going. Moreso that 'baboom-badoom, baboom-badoom, superbass!' anyday.

However, maybe there's money involved with pumping out the current 'hits.'
Posted Image

#4 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Get rid of the lame U2 intro and insert when the levee breaks by Zeppelin.........and better cheaper beer.

#5 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

POPULAR

More Stanley Cup banners in the rafters to look at.

Edited by etsen3, 27 August 2012 - 02:34 PM.

#6 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

The price it costs to go to them.

zackass.png

#7 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

lol nice one

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#8 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

+1

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#9 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,682 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

POPULAR

The color of the seats. All the seats should be blue.

Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#10 Neufy161

Neufy161

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

I am sure a lot of people on these boards have season tickets. If not season tickets, then I am sure everyone on here tries to get to a bunch of games every season to see our Canucks do battle.

My question to all of you is this:

What would you change about the experience of going to Rogers Arena to see a game?

**one rule: your answer cannot be the people in the lower bowl. Everyone down there has just as much right to buy those tickets as you do! I hate it when people complain about this!**

For me, the things I would change would be as follows:

1) Beer prices- we all pay the money there but c'mon....paying that much for budweiser sucks!
2) More men's washrooms- seriously if you haven't noticed this there are easily twice as many female washrooms as mens. Nothing sucks more than spending half your intermission in a bathroom line and then spending the other half in a concession line.
3) better music!- fact: Nicki Minaj and all other music like it is enough to make people nauseous. I hate the club crap they play in stops in play. Its terrible. Fix it!

Common mistake, I think you mean nauseated
:frantic:

Edited by Neufy161, 27 August 2012 - 02:48 PM.

Oh hello Alain Vigneault, I see what you did there... good one.

Posted Image

Signature by (>'-')>

#11 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

this

#12 goalie13

goalie13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,076 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

POPULAR

Speaking of banners... I would return the banners that are there to the colours and logos of the era they were earned in.
Posted Image

#13 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

POPULAR

• Better, local beer. Budweiser is horse piss as far as I'm concerned. There's so much great beer in BC to choose from.
  • No cellphone policy. Movie theatres do this and no one complains.
  • Make Duncan Keith sit with the fans next time the Hawks are in town. Ensure all security guards are on a coffee break when this happens.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#14 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

WAY cheaper tickets. I can almost buy a flight to Phoenix and watch a Canucks game there cheaper, I have before. Make the crowd get more pumped up. We have have a big crowd but it is always so quiet. WAY to many people on facebook and twitter on their phones, the game should have their attention not a phone. Cheaper food and beer to would be nice.

#15 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

POPULAR

Re: #3...

You'd think the corporate crowd would increase the demand for more classic rock. I mean, esp. if we're sticking with the U2 intro for the foreseeable future. There are plenty of timeless songs to choose from in that category and they all get the crowd going. Moreso that 'baboom-badoom, baboom-badoom, superbass!' anyday.

However, maybe there's money involved with pumping out the current 'hits.'

I have said this for ages! They need to cater to the people that can actually afford to be at the game. Thirteen year old girls cannot afford Canucks tickets! So stop catering the music towards them with this Beat 94.5 garbage that they pump out at every stop in play! I CAN afford to be at the game. Please start catering towards me and the others that are paying top dollar to be there.

You guys wanna know why the crowd sucks? Because they constantly blast junk music throughout the arena. How are people supposed to get amped for a hockey game when we have Katy freaking Perry blasting throughout the arena. I know it is cliche but arena sports songs are classic for a reason. More classics and less suck please!

#16 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

I agree with the music. Also fire DJ Dave, he is terrible. His song selection sucks, his attempts to pump up the crowd are terrible and overall he brings down the experience of the game instead of raising it. That being said he won't stop me from watching the Canucks, but it does need to change.

61c1f524-b05e-4da1-b54d-e7ac1d87c904.jpg

#17 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Turn down the suck.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#18 Underachieving Hero of CDC

Underachieving Hero of CDC

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

Kinda wish the odd person would cheer once in a while.

#19 RonMexico

RonMexico

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

• Better, local beer.  Budweiser is horse piss as far as I'm concerned.  There's so much great beer in BC to choose from.
  • No cellphone policy.  Movie theatres do this and no one complains.
  • Make Duncan Keith sit with the fans next time the Hawks are in town.  Ensure all security guards are on a coffee break when this happens.

No cellphone policy would be great. Every time I go to a game I see a bunch of clowns glued to their phones. How can you follow a game when you are busy taking selfers to show that you were at the game. The picture usually has this caption, '@ Canucks game. Holla! Boss gave me free tickets. Woot woot! No idea who they are playing and it's the second period!'Cheaper everything...especially parking. Sadly it doesn't matter because people still pay whatever it costs so there is no incentive to lower the price of anything.

#20 smith80

smith80

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

For me, I would definitely agree with the music complaint. I complain about the abysmal music at Rogers Arena any chance I can get. The music choices are almost always terrible and often do little more than kill any chance for people to get into the game. The music is tailor made for young girls and very few others, in my opinion.

Also, I would suggest that we have some of the most horrible, overpriced food I have ever had. I have been to 2 other hockey arenas, 2 football stadiums, and several European soccer stadiums, and we have by far the worst food. There is nothing unique about our food options, and this is in a city with unbelievable ethnic food, great seafood, and a generally great food scene.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#21 Sensemaker

Sensemaker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

WAY cheaper tickets. I can almost buy a flight to Phoenix and watch a Canucks game there cheaper, I have before. Make the crowd get more pumped up. We have have a big crowd but it is always so quiet. WAY to many people on facebook and twitter on their phones, the game should have their attention not a phone. Cheaper food and beer to would be nice.

Kassian will take care of that.

#22 captain_kirk1

captain_kirk1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

The color of the seats. All the seats should be blue.

who cares what color the seats are..that's not going to change.

The people sitting in them should be wearing blue/white/green. Take off the suits and 'classy' wear...put on some Canucks swag and sports gear! you're at a hockey game for s**ts sake!

#23 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

1. An area outside for marijuana consumption
2. More hitting
3. Less diving
4. More consistency
5.Toughen up the roster substantially
6.Ban the Green Men Clownshow/Gimmick
7.DJ steps his game up
8.smaller bathroom lineups
9.Beer sales 3rd period/OT
10. No more Mason Raymond.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#24 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

I think the team should use the ring of fire more for in game entertainment and not just stupid advertising. When the Canucks first got it, they had all sorts of cool graphics and stuff when the canucks scored. Now its just Telus this and Budweiser that.......
:towel:

#25 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Id like to see a platform that can be quickly lowered to around 30 ft above ice level at play stoppages (especially commercial breaks) with BC,s finest cheerleeders. We could also have local up and coming bands perfrom on intermissions and get rid of the little kids playing hockey. thats gotten old.
i dont think you can complain about the beer prices and washroom lineups at the same time. maybe sell hard liquor.
GOD BE PRAISED

#26 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

POPULAR

Time to start building some local pride. This is a Canadian team with the worst generic American beer sponsorship, seriously, do you think Chicago or LA serve Molson?? So many great local brews, toss the piss tasting Budweiser and get a deal done with Granville Island Brewing. Their IPA and Pale are even team colors!

This is how i see it...

- People start going to games rather than to the bars to watch them now that the Rog has good brewskie.

- This will be a more lively population vs people who don't know the names of our own players.

- Due to the improvement of the crowd's environment, management goes one step further and brings in some quality Vancouver chow and removes the crappy frozen roadkill that they currently serve.

- Very quickly fans are more positive and eager towards our Canucks, the crowd begins to cheer more and boo less.

- Vancouver starts forgetting the shame of diving, choke artistry and rioting, and begins a new era of a proud Canucks Nation.

- The Canucks start to become far more attractive to local talent, RNH and Shea Weber leave their respective teams to join the Canucks at a massive discount.

- Joe Sakic comes out of retirement to sport the blue and green.

- Our players no longer flop like fish or allow themselves to be bullied my midgets.

- The now signed local boys combined with Sedin wizardry rip the league a new 5 hole.

- Beast mode is no longer a proper term for anyone on our team, because that would imply that they are not always so awesome.

- We tear through the league winning the presidents trophy with an 82-0 season without recording a single goal against.

- The Canucks dominate the playoffs and beat the Rags in 5, losing 1 game on purpose so as to lift the cup at home.

- We continue such play and win cups vs the Bruins twice, the Pens and Maple Leafs.

- We go through Chicago in all of these runs.

- The Canucks are now the only dynasty team of the cap era.

- Due to such success, every single jersey # is retired and we begin to wear roman numerals instead. These jerseys are ranked 1st every year in appearance.

Take note and remember, none of this happens because of fancy FA deals, coaching changes or goonery. Our dynasty is made simply by upgrading our beer selection.

:bigblush: :towel:

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 27 August 2012 - 07:32 PM.

#27 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

what would I change?

Cory Franklin Schneider

from

Marblehead Massachusetts

to Detroit

for

Sir Todd Bertuzzi and Mr. Holmstrom

Swedish/Canadians

and let Luongo and Lack fight it out for. first. spot. :frantic:

maybe bring BeMo back for retirement ..so he's close to home...

Invite Trever Linden and Kirk Mclean behind the bench once and a while so they get some good Canucks camera time..with coach V and his entourage...

so many things could change.

Edited by VanCityScout, 27 August 2012 - 07:52 PM.

#28 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

Time to start building some local pride. This is a Canadian team with the worst generic American beer sponsorship, seriously, do you think Chicago or LA serve Molson?? So many great local brews, toss the piss tasting Budweiser and get a deal done with Granville Island Brewing. Their IPA and Pale are even team colors!

This is how i see it...

- People start going to games rather than to the bars to watch them now that the Rog has good brewskie.

- This will be a more lively population vs people who don't know the names of our own players.

- Due to the improvement of the crowd's environment, management goes one step further and brings in some quality Vancouver chow and removes the crappy frozen roadkill that they currently serve.

- Very quickly fans are more positive and eager towards our Canucks, the crowd begins to cheer more and boo less.

- Vancouver starts forgetting the shame of diving, choke artistry and rioting, and begins a new era of a proud Canucks Nation.

- The Canucks start to become far more attractive to local talent, RNH and Shea Weber leave their respective teams to join the Canucks at a massive discount.

- Joe Sakic comes out of retirement to sport the blue and green.

- Our players no longer flop like fish or allow themselves to be bullied my midgets.

- The now signed local boys combined with Sedin wizardry rip the league a new 5 hole.

- Beast mode is no longer a proper term for anyone on our team, because that would imply that they are not always so awesome.

- We tear through the league winning the presidents trophy with an 82-0 season without recording a single goal against.

- The Canucks dominate the playoffs and beat the Rags in 5, losing 1 game on purpose so as to lift the cup at home.

- We continue such play and win cups vs the Bruins twice, the Pens and Maple Leafs.

- We go through Chicago in all of these runs.

- The Canucks are now the only dynasty team of the cap era.

- Due to such success, every single jersey # is retired and we begin to wear roman numerals instead. These jerseys are ranked 1st every year in appearance.

Take note and remember, none of this happens because of fancy FA deals, coaching changes or goonery. Our dynasty is made simply by upgrading our beer selection.

:bigblush: :towel:

This!!! Yes!!!!! +100! We have successfully figured it all out!!!!

I have never wanted a Granville Island Lager more than I do right now!!

#29 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

Bring back the Thunderstruck intro/warm up, clone John Ashbridge, and have Rock 101 as the official sponsor/supplier of music once again. In essence, the Pacific Coliseum atmosphere transported forward in time to match the level of skill on the ice.

#30 Teen Icarus

Teen Icarus

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

More june games would be nice...
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.