The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What would you change about Canucks games?

Linden Legend

I never really paid attention either, until I noticed how much of my intermission was spent in the line up. So one game when I was there at 6:00, we bought a beer and walked around the lower and upper decks (we were bored). I counted them. The ratio is almost 2:1 female to male washrooms. Considering how there are more men at the games, someone needs to explain to me how this makes sense?? It's stupid.

For us out of town-ers I have a proposal that would liven up the games and increase revenues.

Canucks.org builds a hotel or renovates one near Rogers/GM place/whatever the new name will become.

The said Canucks hotel is for out of town fans that need a place to stay but ,of course,every other day the rooms are sold to anybody.

The hotel is done in Canucks memorabilia and art,gear,whatever/everything Canucks.

The rooms are sold far in advance with tickets and it is a package deal,but as the tickets are sold in advance the rates are fair.

Thus, a new section is born in the arena(assuming the Nucks provide a small 'out of town' section for the hotel goers) and a new industry/revenue stream is formed to make more gazillions for the gazillionaires.

Of course,as an out -of -towner I have proposed this idea before but I submit it yet again in the faint hope that anybody that is somebody within Canucks.org actually reads these boards.

The idea is something that is needed and will be an attraction,as well.Of course,if fair rates are charged this new tourist attraction will be a hit all year long,anyways.

You said no complaining about lower bowl "suits", but I'm still going to do it. As a hockey fan it's extremely disappointing.

The prices of tickets are way too high, at least for the Canucks. I can take a trip to another town and watch a game there for the same ridiculous price.

Music.

The explanation is quite simple. They have to assume that the people attending will be 50% male and 50% female. Not all events held there are hockey games. If there's a UFC event the audience will be 80% male. If some dbag boy band is in town it will be 90% female.

I'm with a lot of posters here... some of the music I hear them playing is ridiculous and doesn't fit the aesthetic of hockey AT ALL, nor the demographic of most of the fans. Playing modern pop at a hockey game is like playing death metal for elevator music, it just doesn't make sense.

-Maybe they could have a certain number of "neutral" washrooms with both urinals and stalls, which can be designated as mens or womens for different events. Example: for UFC, just change the signs so that most of the neutral washrooms are mens washrooms. And for the women, they could just have metal gates that block off the urinal area.

Archived