Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

What would you change about Canucks games?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#31 DutchieBang

DutchieBang

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

"I want to run... I want to hide..., blah blah blah"

I want U2 to take that song back and pretend it never happened haha
Posted Image

#32 canucklesmith

canucklesmith

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

its got to be DJ DAVE.

the rockin combo of Phish and Lady Gaga is why it sucks inside their!!!

#33 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,926 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

Real music please. Not the crap 12 year old girls listen to.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#34 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

If you don't drink so much beer, you will spend less time in the washroom getting rid of it.

#35 ilovekevinbieksa

ilovekevinbieksa

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

lower food prices! i know thats how they make money but its so expensive!
hand out more of the boston pizza shirts during the intermissions when fin has that cannon gun thing
Posted Image (One duplicate gif removed by mod to meet size limitations)

#36 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,374 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

Everything the nucks do wrong always leads to DJ Dave....

"Luongo let in a goal. DJ DAVE DIDNT PLAY THE RIGHT SONG. AAHHHH

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#37 canucklesmith

canucklesmith

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

• Better, local beer. Budweiser is horse piss as far as I'm concerned. There's so much great beer in BC to choose from.
  • No cellphone policy. Movie theatres do this and no one complains.
  • Make Duncan Keith sit with the fans next time the Hawks are in town. Ensure all security guards are on a coffee break when this happens.

Budweiser pays the Canucks a lot to have their beer in the arena

#38 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

• Better, local beer. Budweiser is horse piss as far as I'm concerned. There's so much great beer in BC to choose from.
  • No cellphone policy. Movie theatres do this and no one complains.
  • Make Duncan Keith sit with the fans next time the Hawks are in town. Ensure all security guards are on a coffee break when this happens.

they have a cellphone policy? :|

#39 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

2) More men's washrooms- seriously if you haven't noticed this there are easily twice as many female washrooms as mens. Nothing sucks more than spending half your intermission in a bathroom line and then spending the other half in a concession line.

I've never really paid attention to the number of washrooms. Is it really true that there are more women's washrooms than men's? Or is it just that there are more men at the game, causing the lineup to be longer.

#40 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:23 PM

I've never really paid attention to the number of washrooms. Is it really true that there are more women's washrooms than men's? Or is it just that there are more men at the game, causing the lineup to be longer.

I never really paid attention either, until I noticed how much of my intermission was spent in the line up. So one game when I was there at 6:00, we bought a beer and walked around the lower and upper decks (we were bored). I counted them. The ratio is almost 2:1 female to male washrooms. Considering how there are more men at the games, someone needs to explain to me how this makes sense?? It's stupid.
"He'll play! You know he'll play! He'll play on crutches!"
"Adams shoots...SCORES!!! Greg Adams!!! Greg Adams!!!"
"They've slayed the dragon!!"

#41 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:27 PM

If you don't drink so much beer, you will spend less time in the washroom getting rid of it.

This sounds like something my old man would say.
"He'll play! You know he'll play! He'll play on crutches!"
"Adams shoots...SCORES!!! Greg Adams!!! Greg Adams!!!"
"They've slayed the dragon!!"

#42 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

Get rid of the lame U2 intro and insert when the levee breaks by Zeppelin.........and better cheaper beer.

I dont agree with your position on the U2 intro, but I do agree with Led Zeppelin being a good replacement and the beer of course.

#43 Schnieds

Schnieds

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:30 AM

Time to start building some local pride. This is a Canadian team with the worst generic American beer sponsorship, seriously, do you think Chicago or LA serve Molson?? So many great local brews, toss the piss tasting Budweiser and get a deal done with Granville Island Brewing. Their IPA and Pale are even team colors!

This is how i see it...

- People start going to games rather than to the bars to watch them now that the Rog has good brewskie.

- This will be a more lively population vs people who don't know the names of our own players.

- Due to the improvement of the crowd's environment, management goes one step further and brings in some quality Vancouver chow and removes the crappy frozen roadkill that they currently serve.

- Very quickly fans are more positive and eager towards our Canucks, the crowd begins to cheer more and boo less.

- Vancouver starts forgetting the shame of diving, choke artistry and rioting, and begins a new era of a proud Canucks Nation.

- The Canucks start to become far more attractive to local talent, RNH and Shea Weber leave their respective teams to join the Canucks at a massive discount.

- Joe Sakic comes out of retirement to sport the blue and green.

- Our players no longer flop like fish or allow themselves to be bullied my midgets.

- The now signed local boys combined with Sedin wizardry rip the league a new 5 hole.

- Beast mode is no longer a proper term for anyone on our team, because that would imply that they are not always so awesome.

- We tear through the league winning the presidents trophy with an 82-0 season without recording a single goal against.

- The Canucks dominate the playoffs and beat the Rags in 5, losing 1 game on purpose so as to lift the cup at home.

- We continue such play and win cups vs the Bruins twice, the Pens and Maple Leafs.

- We go through Chicago in all of these runs.

- The Canucks are now the only dynasty team of the cap era.

- Due to such success, every single jersey # is retired and we begin to wear roman numerals instead. These jerseys are ranked 1st every year in appearance.

Take note and remember, none of this happens because of fancy FA deals, coaching changes or goonery. Our dynasty is made simply by upgrading our beer selection.

:bigblush: :towel:

That has got to be the best thing I've ever read in my life!

#44 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,330 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

More june games would be nice...

*Mid-June games.

:P

307mg00.jpg

#45 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,926 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

*Mid-June games.

:P

Nah. Lets sweep the whole playoffs and end the thing in May

:bigblush:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#46 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:39 AM

Fire DJ Dave, this guy's music is just horrendous. Get somebody from the Fox or Rock 101 to handle the songs.

#47 Mr Fred

Mr Fred

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:41 AM

Replace the awful U2 song with Princes of the Universe by Queen. Or I Want It All.

Change the goal song to the refrain from In The Lap of the Gods Revisited (Live at Wembley) (1:05 to the end).

If Canucks fans are feeling really brave and are willing to venture beyond radio rock, try some local talent.

I'd even settle for some Rush that's not Tom Sawyer.

#48 Schnieds

Schnieds

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

Wanna see more of the Canucks Ice Girls!

#49 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

Wanna see more of the Canucks Ice Girls!

Fans come to watch men play hockey, not women skate around cleaning the ice.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#50 Schnieds

Schnieds

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:10 AM

That's kinda like saying "Fans come to watch men play hockey, not drink beer"
Yes, fans do come to watch men play hockey, but it dosen't hurt to have beer and ice girls and besides, I was just kidding around.

#51 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

Changing the colours of the seats is a pretty cool idea, split the colours into 3. Upper Bowl can be Green and divide the lower bowl into a blue half and a white half.

Better music, DJ Dave is tanking! Plays the worst music at worst times!

More noise from the fans, we shouldn't need something on the jumbotron to tell us when to cheer or Fin to bang his drum and give a signal to chant.

The Wave (during commercial breaks) to liven up the place, and the wave would only occur once or twice in a game.

Certain special games, like they do in baseball. For example a Kevin Bieksa Bobblehead Night (first 5,000 fans get a free Kevin Bieksa Bobblehead).

Show more of our history at the arena, every month have 1-2 games which show historic moments in Canucks history. Put up a wall of history in the arena, possibilities could be when the Canucks beat Calgary in 94 or our first time at the SCF.

Things like this could really make for a surreal experience at Rogers Arena!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:39 AM

That's kinda like saying "Fans come to watch men play hockey, not drink beer"
Yes, fans do come to watch men play hockey, but it dosen't hurt to have beer and ice girls and besides, I was just kidding around.

Alright, wasn't sure if you were kidding :P

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#53 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

It's fun to watch the ice girls when the men aren't playing hockey though, fills that dead time nicely.

#54 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,502 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:02 AM

For us out of town-ers I have a proposal that would liven up the games and increase revenues.

Canucks.org builds a hotel or renovates one near Rogers/GM place/whatever the new name will become.

The said Canucks hotel is for out of town fans that need a place to stay but ,of course,every other day the rooms are sold to anybody.

The hotel is done in Canucks memorabilia and art,gear,whatever/everything Canucks.

The rooms are sold far in advance with tickets and it is a package deal,but as the tickets are sold in advance the rates are fair.

Thus, a new section is born in the arena(assuming the Nucks provide a small 'out of town' section for the hotel goers) and a new industry/revenue stream is formed to make more gazillions for the gazillionaires.

Of course,as an out -of -towner I have proposed this idea before but I submit it yet again in the faint hope that anybody that is somebody within Canucks.org actually reads these boards.

The idea is something that is needed and will be an attraction,as well.Of course,if fair rates are charged this new tourist attraction will be a hit all year long,anyways.

Edited by nuck nit, 28 August 2012 - 04:17 AM.

#55 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,669 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

2012-13 Tickets at 1970 prices.

Guarantee the atmosphere will change if real fans could afford to go. Not corporate stiffs.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#56 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,926 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:32 AM

Changing the colours of the seats is a pretty cool idea, split the colours into 3. Upper Bowl can be Green and divide the lower bowl into a blue half and a white half.

Better music, DJ Dave is tanking! Plays the worst music at worst times!

More noise from the fans, we shouldn't need something on the jumbotron to tell us when to cheer or Fin to bang his drum and give a signal to chant.

The Wave (during commercial breaks) to liven up the place, and the wave would only occur once or twice in a game.

Certain special games, like they do in baseball. For example a Kevin Bieksa Bobblehead Night (first 5,000 fans get a free Kevin Bieksa Bobblehead).

Show more of our history at the arena, every month have 1-2 games which show historic moments in Canucks history. Put up a wall of history in the arena, possibilities could be when the Canucks beat Calgary in 94 or our first time at the SCF.

Things like this could really make for a surreal experience at Rogers Arena!

I like your first idea. How about we have all of the seats blue except between half way up and half way down, the colours go from white, to green, then back to white. So it matches our jerseys perfectly.

#57 danaimo

danaimo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

Seats with jet packs so that you can fly over the ice and follow the play from above as the puck moves around the ice. Every seat should have one and that way we can all be in the best place to watch the play.

#58 EYDeeeznuts

EYDeeeznuts

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

I think they should hire 4 groups of people, put them in 4 corners of the arena to get the chants going! No more half ass go canucks go chants, the whole arena should be shaking!! Our fans are way too quiet

#59 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

force and sully

#60 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,804 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

more 16 wins in the playoff's ;)

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.