Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

What would you change about Canucks games?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

#61 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

I recommend changing losses to wins
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#62 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,469 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

• No cellphone policy. Movie theatres do this and no one complains.

... really? how are you going to enforce that with 19000+ people LOL. and a movie theater is QUIET...this is an arena.
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#63 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

I never really paid attention either, until I noticed how much of my intermission was spent in the line up. So one game when I was there at 6:00, we bought a beer and walked around the lower and upper decks (we were bored). I counted them. The ratio is almost 2:1 female to male washrooms. Considering how there are more men at the games, someone needs to explain to me how this makes sense?? It's stupid.

The explanation is quite simple. They have to assume that the people attending will be 50% male and 50% female. Not all events held there are hockey games. If there's a UFC event the audience will be 80% male. If some dbag boy band is in town it will be 90% female.

Also keep in mind that going to pee is way simpler/quicker for a man than a woman. A guy just walks up to a urinal and fishes out his junk and does his business. Zips up and walks away. Hopefully stopping long enough to wash his hands. Though it's alarming how many guys don't.

A woman has to find a stall. Then line the seat. Pull some articles of clothing up, some others down then sit and take care of business. It's quite a procedure. Women take longer that's why there needs to be more facilities to handle the same number of women as men. Or else they'd never get out of there and actually see a game, concert etc.

#64 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

For us out of town-ers I have a proposal that would liven up the games and increase revenues.

Canucks.org builds a hotel or renovates one near Rogers/GM place/whatever the new name will become.

The said Canucks hotel is for out of town fans that need a place to stay but ,of course,every other day the rooms are sold to anybody.

The hotel is done in Canucks memorabilia and art,gear,whatever/everything Canucks.

The rooms are sold far in advance with tickets and it is a package deal,but as the tickets are sold in advance the rates are fair.

Thus, a new section is born in the arena(assuming the Nucks provide a small 'out of town' section for the hotel goers) and a new industry/revenue stream is formed to make more gazillions for the gazillionaires.

Of course,as an out -of -towner I have proposed this idea before but I submit it yet again in the faint hope that anybody that is somebody within Canucks.org actually reads these boards.

The idea is something that is needed and will be an attraction,as well.Of course,if fair rates are charged this new tourist attraction will be a hit all year long,anyways.

Let me just get this straight as I am not really sure what I just read. You want the Canucks to build a hotel for out of town people? When there's already more than enough hotels in the vicinity to accommodate anyone.

You said this would create a new revenue stream and make them gazillions? Sure this venture may turn a profit when they recoup the cost of building the hotel in the year 2712. If I am in town on business from New Orleans in July why would I ever want to stay in this hotel?

The building is sold out every night. Why would the owners have any need to accommodate out of town people (like myself)?

#65 yung dawg

yung dawg

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

our crappy fan base Schnieder is going to be chased out of here if we do the same thing as Luongo

@weneedLuongo

#66 Christophe

Christophe

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

You said no complaining about lower bowl "suits", but I'm still going to do it. As a hockey fan it's extremely disappointing.

The prices of tickets are way too high, at least for the Canucks. I can take a trip to another town and watch a game there for the same ridiculous price.

Music.

#67 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

The explanation is quite simple. They have to assume that the people attending will be 50% male and 50% female. Not all events held there are hockey games. If there's a UFC event the audience will be 80% male. If some dbag boy band is in town it will be 90% female.

-Maybe they could have a certain number of "neutral" washrooms with both urinals and stalls, which can be designated as mens or womens for different events. Example: for UFC, just change the signs so that most of the neutral washrooms are mens washrooms. And for the women, they could just have metal gates that block off the urinal area.

-Totally agree with everyone talking about the music. Rogers Arena needs more classic rock and hard rock music. Hell even some good rap (not Lil Wayne type stuff) would be better than that Beat 94.5 type stuff. I know they're trying to be "inclusive" by playing popular songs, but it's not like they're gonna have a tough time filling Rogers Arena if they don't play more Katy Perry. Many classic rock songs are very popular and recognized by almost everybody. I wanna get pumped for some hockey and it's impossible for me to do that with Justin Bieber being played on the organ. Play some harder music to get the adrenaline pumping. It's hockey, not a middle school dance.

#68 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

I'm with a lot of posters here... some of the music I hear them playing is ridiculous and doesn't fit the aesthetic of hockey AT ALL, nor the demographic of most of the fans. Playing modern pop at a hockey game is like playing death metal for elevator music, it just doesn't make sense.

#69 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

-Maybe they could have a certain number of "neutral" washrooms with both urinals and stalls, which can be designated as mens or womens for different events. Example: for UFC, just change the signs so that most of the neutral washrooms are mens washrooms. And for the women, they could just have metal gates that block off the urinal area.

This is actually a pretty smart idea.

#70 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

our crappy fan base Schnieder is going to be chased out of here if we do the same thing as Luongo

@weneedLuongo

What?

#71 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

weter need the southsiders :bigblush:
AUmxe4h.gif
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

Go Canucks Go!

#72 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,963 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

A little more space in the seating... I am not the tallest nor the fattest, but it feels very cramped for me.

That, and the prices of everything.

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

#73 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

I like your first idea. How about we have all of the seats blue except between half way up and half way down, the colours go from white, to green, then back to white. So it matches our jerseys perfectly.

Yeah, that would look cool. I just suggested so it give more of a home feel for our team and it might intimidate the opposing teams that come in to OUR Arena.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.