30 replies to this topic

#1 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

Vancouver needs a 3rd line centre in the short term and long term, especially with Kesler's injury. The idea of trading for Bolland had surfaced, but there's another option for Vancouver's 3C role:

To Vancouver - Marcus Kruger

To Chicago - Jannik Hansen

Most Canucks fans may not know Kruger but the Hawks brass is pretty high on him. Chicago has options for the 3rd line, Shaw and Bolland are set but we need another solid winger. Hansen is more consistent then some of our other options (Frolik and Bickell) and Vancouver gets their 3C.

Edited by Darth Kane, 27 August 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#2 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,003 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

Hansen >>> Kruger

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#3 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Lol that's a pretty bad deal for us.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 27 August 2012 - 03:54 PM.

zackass.png

#4 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

beep beep boop

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#5 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,463 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

I saw you'd edited your post in the Van/Edm/Chi proposal, but already had it in the quotes to reply. I don't think that'd work for us and here's what I posted as to why in the other thread:

I don't see us going after another small center to develop when we already have Schroeder we could try short term along with our current roster. Our other center prospects (Mallet, Gaunce, LaBate) all have size and skill to fill that role as needed in future so there's not really a need to get someone smaller in a deal.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#6 Schnieds

Schnieds

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

I find it funny how us Canuck fans cry bloody murder when we see a proposal we don't like but we have no problems always getting the best player from the proposals we make up like getting Evander Kane, Joe Thornton, Jonathan Huberdeau, Keith Yandle etc.

#7 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

I saw you'd edited your post in the Van/Edm/Chi proposal, but already had it in the quotes to reply. I don't think that'd work for us and here's what I posted as to why in the other thread:

I thought I'd start a new thread for the fun of it.

I'm not terribly big on trading Kruger, the kid has a lot of potential. The deal would work out better for Chicago in the short term but Vancouver would win in the long term. For those of you say Kruger is too small, he's litterally the exact same size as Bolland and Bolland has no issues playing the game. Kruger plays with a lot of heart, but he's a natural centre and I can't see him winning the 3C role over Bolland. Hansen is good and I can see why you wouldn't want to part with him. But there is a big void down the middle with your team. If you look at the teams that win the cup they all have depth at centre.

Edited by Darth Kane, 27 August 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#8 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

If next year he could show that he could improve as much as he did this year, then I would be all for it.
Tough to see Hansen go, but Kruger will be just as good if not better.
Posted Image

#9 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

I find it funny how us Canuck fans cry bloody murder when we see a proposal we don't like but we have no problems always getting the best player from the proposals we make up like getting Evander Kane, Joe Thornton, Jonathan Huberdeau, Keith Yandle etc.

There are a lot of homers on CDC.
Posted Image

#10 Canuckian93

Canuckian93

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

If they include Toews I'll do it.

Edited by Canuckian93, 27 August 2012 - 04:30 PM.

#11 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Are you a Chicago conspiracy theorist to try and undermine Vancouver?
Posted Image

#12 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,003 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

If they include Toews I'll do it.

I value Hansen highly but I don't value him that highly.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#13 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,463 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

I'm not terribly big on trading Kruger, the kid has a lot of potential. The deal would work out better for Chicago in the short term but Vancouver would win in the long term. For those of you say Kruger is too small, he's litterally the exact same size as Bolland and Bolland has no issues playing the game. Kruger plays with a lot of heart, but he's a natural centre and I can't see him winning the 3C role over Bolland. Hansen is good and I can see why you wouldn't want to part with him. But there is a big void down the middle with your team. If you look at the teams that win the cup they all have depth at centre.

I'm not saying it'd limit him from being capable in a 3rd line role, but size is a factor along with how he plays for his size in relation to that role. I however do think we would prefer to go after someone bigger who could step in immediately if we did make a trade for a 3rd line center - especially at the expense of an excellent 3rd line winger who's come up in our system - although an exception for someone like Bjugstad would be understandable.

Value isn't too far off but we'd rather keep the asset nd go after a free agent like Arnott for a year if we felt our prospects needed more time to develop. As I mentioned, we have our current roster players and a number of prospects who could fill that role for us in the near future.

2nd-4th line center options, this year:
Lapierre
Malhotra
Ebbett
Schroder

In future:
Gaunce
Mallet
LaBate
Friesen

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#14 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

me love it
Posted Image
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

#15 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#16 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

id rather keep hansen and let lapierre play 3rd line C

#17 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,003 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

Posted Image

You're over-using this.

#18 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

Vancouver needs a 3rd line centre in the short term and long term, especially with Kesler's injury. The idea of trading for Bolland had surfaced, but there's another option for Vancouver's 3C role:

To Vancouver - Marcus Kruger

To Chicago - Jannik Hansen

Most Canucks fans may not know Kruger but the Hawks brass is pretty high on him. Chicago has options for the 3rd line, Shaw and Bolland are set but we need another solid winger. Hansen is more consistent then some of our other options (Frolik and Bickell) and Vancouver gets their 3C.

You should have known before you posted this trade, that if it wasn't raymond, ballard, or a pick, everyone would shoot it down.

Great proposal. Quite realistic. I'm 50/50 on it seeing as Hansen's a workhorse, but we need that solid bottom 6.
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#19 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

POPULAR

You should have known before you posted this trade, that if it wasn't raymond, ballard, or a pick, everyone would shoot it down.

Great proposal. Quite realistic. I'm 50/50 on it seeing as Hansen's a workhorse, but we need that solid bottom 6.

I had two trade proposals I was going to suggest, Kruger for Hansen was the first one that came to mind so I posted it. The second one was Raymond, Ballard, Malhotra for Toews, Kane, Sharp and Hossa. But I didn't think Canucks fans would think they're getting enough in return so I didn't go with it. :)

#20 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

I had two trade proposals I was going to suggest, Kruger for Hansen was the first one that came to mind so I posted it. The second one was Raymond, Ballard, Malhotra for Toews, Kane, Sharp and Hossa. But I didn't think Canucks fans would think they're getting enough in return so I didn't go with it. :)

lolo :lol:
Posted Image
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

#21 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,003 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

:lol: +1

#22 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

ok so youre saying chicago should trade almost their only option for second line center and not get a center in return? and why does everyone think we need a third line center???????
Posted Image

#23 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

LOL Oh you. +1'd :]

ok so youre saying chicago should trade almost their only option for second line center and not get a center in return? and why does everyone think we need a third line center???????

:picard:
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#24 Teen Icarus

Teen Icarus

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

Because we do. Assuming that the season starts on schedule, we have Lappierre, Malhotra, and Schroeder as our bottom 3 centres, meaning that one will be our 2nd line centre. Two of those players played on the fourth line last season and one has never played in the NHL...still think we don't need a 2/3rd line centre?
Spoiler

#25 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

Trading Hansen = Fail especially for Chicago garbage. Stop trolling and get off these boards.
Posted Image

#26 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

NOT TRADING HANSEN

#27 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

LOL Oh you. +1'd :]
:picard:

explain?
Posted Image

#28 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

Trading Hansen = Fail especially for Chicago garbage. Stop trolling and get off these boards.

I alway enjoy reading such inisghtful responses like this. On a message board about trade proposals, somebody makes a proposal about trading 2 3rd liners for each other and you call that trolling? Can you explain how proposing Hansen for Kruger is trolling?

Some Canucks fans may not be familiar with Kruger, but that doesn't make him "garbage" as some people have called him. The Hawks brass is pretty high on Kruger, especially Scotty Bowman. But I thought the trade idea made sense because it gave Vancouver the 3rd line centre you need (yes you need one) and we improve our 3rd line with a better winger. Kruger isn't about to take over the 3C role from Bolland, but if Bolland wasn't around I'd keep Kruger for our own 3C.

#29 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

Because we do. Assuming that the season starts on schedule, we have Lappierre, Malhotra, and Schroeder as our bottom 3 centres, meaning that one will be our 2nd line centre. Two of those players played on the fourth line last season and one has never played in the NHL...still think we don't need a 2/3rd line centre?

ya i still dont think we do.

lapierre on the fourth line.
malhotra on the third line.
and then we try schroeder on the second line, if that doesnt work out then we could try gaunce. i dont know if we would but we could. and if those dont work then we go out and get a center
Posted Image

#30 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

ya i still dont think we do.

lapierre on the fourth line.
malhotra on the third line.
and then we try schroeder on the second line, if that doesnt work out then we could try gaunce. i dont know if we would but we could. and if those dont work then we go out and get a center

If Schroeder makes your club it would have to be in the top 2, I don't see him filling a bottom 6 "shut down" type of role. If Manny can play like he did 2 seasons ago he's your 3C and you've got nothing to worry about. However, as much as even I like Manny I think he's better suited for the 4C role than the 3C role. The Canucks would be much better off with Manny on the 4th line and a younger / better centre on the 3rd line.

If Gillis goesn't make any trades for a 3C then I expect to see Gaunce in that role eventually. I think that kids is going to be money and you guys were lucky to draft him. If Teravainen hadn't been available for us at 18 we would have taken Gaunce.

Edited by Darth Kane, 28 August 2012 - 11:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.