The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chicago - Vancouver

I had two trade proposals I was going to suggest, Kruger for Hansen was the first one that came to mind so I posted it. The second one was Raymond, Ballard, Malhotra for Toews, Kane, Sharp and Hossa. But I didn't think Canucks fans would think they're getting enough in return so I didn't go with it. :)

I had two trade proposals I was going to suggest, Kruger for Hansen was the first one that came to mind so I posted it. The second one was Raymond, Ballard, Malhotra for Toews, Kane, Sharp and Hossa. But I didn't think Canucks fans would think they're getting enough in return so I didn't go with it. :)

Because we do. Assuming that the season starts on schedule, we have Lappierre, Malhotra, and Schroeder as our bottom 3 centres, meaning that one will be our 2nd line centre. Two of those players played on the fourth line last season and one has never played in the NHL...still think we don't need a 2/3rd line centre?

ya i still dont think we do.

lapierre on the fourth line.

malhotra on the third line.

and then we try schroeder on the second line, if that doesnt work out then we could try gaunce. i dont know if we would but we could. and if those dont work then we go out and get a center

If Schroeder makes your club it would have to be in the top 2, I don't see him filling a bottom 6 "shut down" type of role. If Manny can play like he did 2 seasons ago he's your 3C and you've got nothing to worry about. However, as much as even I like Manny I think he's better suited for the 4C role than the 3C role. The Canucks would be much better off with Manny on the 4th line and a younger / better centre on the 3rd line.

If Gillis goesn't make any trades for a 3C then I expect to see Gaunce in that role eventually. I think that kids is going to be money and you guys were lucky to draft him. If Teravainen hadn't been available for us at 18 we would have taken Gaunce.

Archived