The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

People really need to learn the difference between...

Hank Moody

Speculation and Truth.

Sorry, didn't know which forum to post this in but it's EXTREMELY annoying to see posts like

"Doan is a Prima Donna"

"Doan has set enough deadlines already"

"Justin Schultz wanted to go to Vancouver and Gillis screwed it all up"

"Luongo wants to go back to Florida and won't accept a deal to anywhere else, he's handicapping us"

This is all SPECULATION created by Twitter Insider wannabe's and by insider's looking to stay relevant.

Doan has never physically said "I will sign by ___ date" until his agent came out and set the September 15th deadline. So no, he has not set "many deadlines". The HockeyyInsiderr's and Darren Dreger's of the world did for him, trying to get their daily fix of relevance. Doan can take as long as he wants to, it's his life and his family decision.

Justin Schultz never once said anything about wanting to become a Canuck. He wanted to get playing time, and a good opportunity to hone his skills and improve. The "insider's" of the world made it all believable that he was a lock for the Canucks, and we all convinced ourselves through extensive discussions that there was no way he wanted anything else but to play at home. Show me an interview where he specifically stated playing in Vancouver was his priority? Or even a factor at all?

Luongo has never once even said he only wants to go back to Florida. In fact, quite the contrary, he has stated multiple times that he's willing to do what it takes to help the team. So get that out of your head.

I hate seeing players being tarnashed or bashed for something that has nothing to do with them, or speculation that is created by people who have no clue what's going on. Put yourselves in their shoes for a moment and realize that moving your whole family, your whole life to a completely different city isn't a decision that's made in a day, especially just because a fan base is getting impatient.

What really gets under my skin is when you see articles like that in the newspapers, or the supposed insiders on twitter or whatever feeding off all these false speculations.

Your professionals. Learn to spread the truth once in a while, and not hearsay.

Archived