The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Johnny Canuck's time to shine

Slegr

Large corporations are all about marketing and making bucks.

I want to see Johnny Canuck as an alternate jersey and as a mascot,anyways.Why not?Why can't the corporation have two mascots and another jersey?

The Canucks corporation have already stated that the logo and mascot are coming,anyways.Lighten up folks,as a buck is a buck,or ten million,or whatever.

Certainly,Johnny Canuck is everything 'Canucks' and therefore it is more than appropriate:

Johnny Canuck has been adopted, unofficially, by the Vancouver Canucks as a second team mascot and alternate logo.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=40019

Logo history:

/topic/296395-the-complete-history-of-the-vancouver-canucks-nhl-uniforms/">http://forum.canucks...s-nhl-uniforms/

I was not a fan of whale logo at first and did not like the colors. Now that they are using the original colors and the whale, I have to say I like it.

This team needs to keep a logo for a long time and stop having a schizophrenic personalty.

Fin makes people smile and keeps people happy. He is a staple for the arena and charities.

Make other teams fear you because of what you can do on the ice, not because you have a guy with an axe running around.

intimidate? really? you think a lumberjack logo will intimidate people? on a larger scale, do you really think any logo indimidates athletes?

the orca is here to stay and they will not be changing it. i for one am happy about this. i love the orca, think its a great symbol for the west coast, love the colours. how about we don't change it instead of adding to our ever rotating jersey logos/colours

Its really sad knowing our fanbase will never come to a consensus on this. Im mean this is really just another thread about changing our jersey. Its seems our fans are split 50/50 on thia at all times. Johnny Canuck or Fin? Flying V's or Stick in the rink? Orca or Flying skate? It just never ends.

Personally, i think that this team has struggled to find a marketable identity for years. Im glad we finally found that for ourselves. I love our team right now. The orca has revived our franchise, and fin is recognized around the league as OUR mascot. I just think thats good enough. Why mess with a good thing?

As far as the jerseys go, i love our jerseys right now. We have some of the nicest jerseys in the league, and one of the best color schemes to boot.(a color scheme that dates back to the seventies, one with true heritage) Not to mention we have the throwback alternates with the stick in the rink already.

I just wonder if ANY thing managment does can satisfy more than half of our fans.

intimidate? really? you think a lumberjack logo will intimidate people? on a larger scale, do you really think any logo indimidates athletes?

the orca is here to stay and they will not be changing it. i for one am happy about this. i love the orca, think its a great symbol for the west coast, love the colours. how about we don't change it instead of adding to our ever rotating jersey logos/colours

Archived