The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

morning lineup ideas and honey badger vid

Hunter.S-Kerouac

like omg Honey badgers are totally badass.

It has been 3 days and the front page of the cdc hasn't even rolled over with new posts I am calling on fellow rosterbators to put up their season starting lineups with a brief explanation.

I am going to start off by assuming there will be no lockout but late start to the season(late enough for kesler to be healthy). and no Luongo trade prior to the season start. I feel that we should try playing Kassian and Schroder as much as possible prior to the trade deadline to get them real experience with the big club not just 4th line minutes. If there not developed enough no harm done send them back down and deal Luo for what most likely will be an over payed vet (any one of Hossa, P kane, J Lupul, R Malone,or settle for whatever florida wants to give us if we have exhausted all options.

for game one I would like to see a line up of......

Sedin Sedin Burr - why change a good thing?

Booth Kesler Kassian- Beast line I see Kass digging pucks in the corners and screening infront of the net for these 2

Malhotra J schro Raymond- Malhotra can take left side draws mentor and teach the defensive side of being a center in the nhl. White tail will hogg the puck and teach J schro how to use his speed to eat minutes off the clock and give the Sedins much needed rest. I see this line taking alot of neutral zone draws gaining the zone and getting off the ice.

Higgins MaxLap Hansen- This is not a 4th line its an alternate 3rd line to take all defensive zone draws. Higg and Hans have great chem they would get less reg strength ice time than the Schroder line but would all play on special teams with fresh legs. and Higgy would get even more ice time at the end of games taking over for Kassian on the Kes Booth line.

I think this gives our team good balance to distribute minutes so everyone is fresh. Kass can split duty on the 2nd and 4th line to get both defensive and offensive zone time with people who specialize in those areas and spread some toughness up and down the lineup. J Schro would be with one of the best face off men in the league and a undersized speed demon like himself 2 perfect people to learn how to be effective at the nhl level from.

And as I said if Kass and Schro show that there just not quite ready send them back down around the trade deadline and bring in a gunner for the playoffs. At least they got legit experience at the nhl level. To share with there waiting line mate Jensen in the AHL before forming one of the most deadly 3dr lines in the NHL 2013/2014

Flame away.

Daniel is a super elite passer and Kesler does not even seem to have a B button, but for those who will insist the following lines can shift #17 to center and Daniel to right.

Luongo will attract a sweeter return closer to the deadline and we may be more sure of our shorter positions a t that time as well.

18 minutes

Booth Dank Kesler A / Kassian B

w Garrison Edler

18 minutes

Burrows Hank Hansen

w Ballard Tanev

16 minutes

Higgins Lappy Kassian A /Kesler B

w Ham BXa

8 Minutes

Raymond Malhotra Pinizzotto

w Ham BXa

Bobby and Cory

I do not like your 3rd line; not enough size to be a defensive line (likely) and not enough talent to be a scoring line? All else good!

My line up

Lou

Schneids

I vote to keep Schneids, too many cracks at being clutch missed, but Lou is still the bigger more dominating goalie.

Edler / Tanev Offensive specialty pairing with Twins

Hamhuis / Bieksa Primary defensive pairing

Ballard / Garrison Multi purpose pairing,

Edler / Garrison 1st PP > Hamhuis / Bieksa 2knd

Hamhuis / Bieksa 1st PK, Ballard / Garrison 2knd

Yeah I know many believe Garrison will play with Edler; I am sure he will a lot. I just believe that Garrisons stay at home style and size could finally allow Ballard to roam, create pressure (offensively and defensively) and then add a big shot. Ballard could finally be unleashed. If its in O' situations, Tanev also offers Edler great passing and position play to allow him to be creative offensively. But in the offensive end, his size is not a limitation.

Up front; I am very unconventional. Here is the deal; we need to give the Twins an even bigger role so they stay motivated and excited instead of going home to Sweden. There is only 2 years left on their deals, and they also represent our best chance to win a cup. So ride them harder, double shift them and play them in more situations.

But, the Twins / Burr is as a line can get loaded up against. I propose to primarily play 3 lines, and have talent rather than plugs on our 4th, guys who can step into a higher line when constant rotations leave one guy or another puffe'd. By double shifting Danny and Hank, we accomplish two things. Put an Art Ross winning top 5 in the world play maker on two lines (Danny will be the play maker Kesler always needed, Hank the guy who gets productivity from guys like Kassian, Hansen, Higgins, Raymond) and it will always allow us to place speed and size with talent on every line. We will be MUCH tougher to match up against.

Twins / Burr = line 1 Yes; they still take primary offensive zone draws

Danny / Kess / Booth = line 1 B

Raymond / Hank / Kassian = Line 2

Higgins / Arnott / Hansen = Line 3

Raymond / Malhotra / Lapierre

Still 12 forwards guys, and the concept is not new. See Detroit and how they roll 4 lines mixing Zetterburg and Datsyuk. Yes they play together in all key offensive situations, but they spread the talent so lines are hard to match against and their talent lifts lower performers. And line 3 is the stabilizer line, good enough, big enough and fast enough to play any offensive or defensive situation. Ride the daylights out of the Twins, and roll these guys out whenever anyone is puff'd.

And I would drool over how physically dominating and talented a line 1B would be? Speed, power, a Selke winner, and three guys easily capable of 40 goals. Impossible to load up match ups against.

:bigblush:

like omg Honey badgers are totally badass.

It has been 3 days and the front page of the cdc hasn't even rolled over with new posts I am calling on fellow rosterbators to put up their season starting lineups with a brief explanation.

I am going to start off by assuming there will be no lockout but late start to the season(late enough for kesler to be healthy). and no Luongo trade prior to the season start. I feel that we should try playing Kassian and Schroder as much as possible prior to the trade deadline to get them real experience with the big club not just 4th line minutes. If there not developed enough no harm done send them back down and deal Luo for what most likely will be an over payed vet (any one of Hossa, P kane, J Lupul, R Malone,or settle for whatever florida wants to give us if we have exhausted all options.

for game one I would like to see a line up of......

Sedin Sedin Burr - why change a good thing?

Booth Kesler Kassian- Beast line I see Kass digging pucks in the corners and screening infront of the net for these 2

Malhotra J schro Raymond- Malhotra can take left side draws mentor and teach the defensive side of being a center in the nhl. White tail will hogg the puck and teach J schro how to use his speed to eat minutes off the clock and give the Sedins much needed rest. I see this line taking alot of neutral zone draws gaining the zone and getting off the ice.

Higgins MaxLap Hansen- This is not a 4th line its an alternate 3rd line to take all defensive zone draws. Higg and Hans have great chem they would get less reg strength ice time than the Schroder line but would all play on special teams with fresh legs. and Higgy would get even more ice time at the end of games taking over for Kassian on the Kes Booth line.

I think this gives our team good balance to distribute minutes so everyone is fresh. Kass can split duty on the 2nd and 4th line to get both defensive and offensive zone time with people who specialize in those areas and spread some toughness up and down the lineup. J Schro would be with one of the best face off men in the league and a undersized speed demon like himself 2 perfect people to learn how to be effective at the nhl level from.

And as I said if Kass and Schro show that there just not quite ready send them back down around the trade deadline and bring in a gunner for the playoffs. At least they got legit experience at the nhl level. To share with there waiting line mate Jensen in the AHL before forming one of the most deadly 3dr lines in the NHL 2013/2014

Flame away.

Archived