The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teenage Pot Smoking May Lower IQ for Life

DonLever

It's because your brain is still developing. Have you noticed it says "heavy" pot smokers. That's like saying your destroying your brain when you "heavily" drink. No crap. A heavy amount of anything isn't good.

What's next are we going to spend millions to do a study to prove water is wet. Makes me wonder why we still pay taxes.

The groups that do these studies need to keep doing studies, without regard to how useless they are, or else they don't get funding. Or, there's always some private organisation willing to fund them if their study concludes with something agreeable with said organisation's policies.

It's common sense. There's a serious stupidity epidemic in the world if people can't figure this out without spending million.

How about instead of burning money since it's so important we use it towards something good that will actually benefit humanity? Like build a school, hospital or even a park. Even a scientist can plant a tree when they ain't doing studies.

I guess throwing millions at a group of people doing useless things so they don't get "bored" until they actually do something worth doing, is worth it in your eyes. I'm assuming you were one of the "heavy" pot smokers or your a member of one of these groups.

I smoke weed too, but I use a secret called moderation.

Palease..

IQ is such a horrid useless way to test someones supposed "intelligence". Have you even seen the questions they ask on them? I don't think a monkey can take it serious. I have a high IQ but I'm not a straight A student. Its a very vague test that only shows one side of your "intelligence"

Here's an article that explains it way better than I do.

Are you implying that the mars mission has no benefit towards humanity and it's a waste of money? If so that was a horrible example.

I would rather spend money on that, then spending it towards finding out that to much pot smoking during the developing stage of the brain is bad for you.

Yet everyone wonders why they are broke.

Another typical "know-it-all" useless response. Why do I even bother.

Palease..

IQ is such a horrid useless way to test someones supposed "intelligence". Have you even seen the questions they ask on them? I don't think a monkey can take it serious. I have a high IQ but I'm not a straight A student. Its a very vague biased test that only shows one side of your "intelligence"

I can list a huge variety of problems wrong with the IQ test.

Agreed with certain people in this thread. This does not surprise me considering some of my friends. I knew smart kids who started up and they just dropped right down, and I knew already mediocre people that did the same.

Motivation and lack of willingness to study and apply themselves or not, it doesn't surprise me at all that their IQ drops.

And yes, IQ tests do have weird questions, and a lot of problem solving. And while they do seem 'silly' there's a reason why most of the people who suck at them and have low IQ's are also usually stupid.

Archived