The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And Alan West whacko Tea Party Republican candidate for House Representative in Florida finally concedes - altbeit ungraciously after two weeks.

Tea party firebrand Rep. Allen West conceded his re-election fight Tuesday, two weeks after the election gave way to court appearances, two partial recounts and unending accusations by his camp that the vote count wasn't fair.

In a statement, the Republican freshman said "there are certainly still inaccuracies in the results" but not enough to change the outcome, giving the race to Democratic newcomer Patrick Murphy.

"While a contest of the election results might have changed the vote totals, we do not have evidence that the outcome would change," West said.

Murphy campaign manager Anthony Kusich said he was not aware of any concession call to his candidate, simply an e-mail that was publicly distributed. In his own statement, Murphy said he was "humbled by Congressman West's gracious concession" and eager to get to work on behalf of all voters.

"To those who supported my opponent, my door is open and I want to hear your voice," Murphy said. "I campaigned on a message of reaching across the aisle to get things done for the people of the Treasure Coast and Palm Beaches, and that is as important in this district as it is in Washington."

Murphy declared victory in the wee hours of Election Night and has held his lead ever since, even as thousands of absentee, provisional and overseas ballots were processed and two partial recounts undertaken. But West's campaign kept up a stream of skepticism about the results, largely focused on St. Lucie County, where elections officials acknowledged missteps.

An initial recount of some early ballots in St. Lucie gave West a slight bump. His campaign fought for a fuller recount, and received it, but it only improved Murphy's margin of victory. He won by more than 2,000 votes.

Many have speculated West could find a new career in the place where he has been frequently seen, on cable television, but he has not said what his next step will be. "Only God knows what is in store for each of us," he said in his statement, adding that "I will continue to fight for our republic."

Whatever the next step, the contest between Murphy and West will go down as one of the most expensive in congressional history. Murphy eked out the win though he was out-fundraised more than four-to-one.

West, 51, is a favorite among the most conservative reaches of the Republican Party. He has made a string of headline-grabbing statements, from calling a majority of congressional Democrats communists to saying President Barack Obama, Rep. Nancy Pelosi and others should "get the hell out of the United States."

Murphy, 29, portrayed West as an extremist who had done little else in Washington than stoke partisan fires.

In his concession statement, West offered congratulations to Murphy, saying "I pray he will serve his constituents with honor and integrity, and put the interests of our nation before his own."

http://www.huffingto..._n_2163837.html

Alan West, may he rest in peace somewhere soon .. besides being a clown, he is dangerous .. his hate filled rhetoric stirs the "right-wing-nuts" to illusions of grandeur .. my condolences to his fans here on CDC .. maybe he will start a cult and you can all join him ..

Remember the "UnSkewed Polls" guy Dean Chambers (the GOP cheerleader from the extreme right) who ridiculed Nate Silver (who was dead on in his predictions) kept saying the polls were wrong and continually predicted a Romney win and often by a landslide once his "unskewing" math model was applied. Turned out a more accurate description of his website would have been "ReallySkewedPolls.com"

After Chambers predictions were completely blown out of the water on election day as charted at the "Pundart Board", he apprently went into a short hibernation.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2012/11/pundit_scorecard_checking_pundits_predictions_against_the_actual_results.html

He was quiet for a bit, but now HE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!

His new shtick... Obama stole the election by committing massive fraud so Chambers was not really wrong he just did not take into account the evilness of Barack Obama.

In the last weeks of the election, Dean Chambers became famous for putting into numbers what other conservative put into words. The polls that showed Mitt Romney losing must, said Chambers, have been skewed. He launched UnSkewedPolls.com to recalibrate all national and state polling data to match the electorate he expected in November. He never showed less than a Romney win.

Anyway, the polls were right. Chambers has moved on, launching
, "exposing how they stole the 2012 election." It leads off with a map of the 2012 election that blacks out Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, and Virginia. They are "states won by Obama fraud." What's Chambers going on for that?

"I'm getting credible information of evidence in those states that there enough numbers that are questionable and could have swung the election," he says. "I'm only putting good credible information on there, like the actual vote counts, reports, and mainstream publications reporting voter fraud. There's a lot of chatter, though. There are articles people have sent me that don't hold up. Crazy stuff."

What's not crazy? "Things like the 59 voting divisions of Philadelphia where Romney received zero votes," says Chambers. "Even Larry Sabato said that should be looked into." (I've looked into this: 57 precincts gave McCain no votes in 2008. There's such a thing as a 99% Democratic precinct, and such a thing as a 99% Republican precinct.) Same story in Ohio. "Some of the precincts or divisions in cleveland were projected to be 99% Obama. That's a part of the state where it's known that a lot of ballot box scamming has been done in the past. There were isolated reports of people voting for Romney and having votes changed, though they didn't get much attention.

What about Virginia, then? "When votes were being counted on election night, 97% of the precincts were counted, and Romney was still leading 50-49," says Chambers. "When that remaining 3% were counted, a lead of 80,000 or so votes for Romney were turned into 120,000 for Obama." I pointed out that Virginia's stagger-stop-stagger count often works like that, with Democrats gaining in the end. "I was surprised it wasn't being projected for Romney when 97% was in," said Chambers. (The state was actually called earlier based on vote patterns.)

Chambers and I concluded our chat without convincing one another of our rightness. He finished by pointing out that the margins in the blacked-out states were, if you added them up, not huge: "The margin of those combined was 381,000 and change." (The margin is slightly smaller than the population of Minneapolis.)

"I do need to put a page on the site explaining all of this," he said.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/11/20/from_the_maker_of_unskewed_polling_comes_the_obama_voter_fraud_map.html' rel="external nofollow">

Archived