The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really? According to your profile, you live in Vancouver. I am from Nanaimo, but I now live and work here in the US. You should take some time and see how the new rules that Obama's administration had implemented in his first two years of office and how it applies to us in our daily operations. Things have changed, and not for the better.

Apparently you need a gov't issued ID to get in and anywhere near the DNC. They wouldn't be suppressing the ethnic minorities here, would they?

Please complete the following form regarding your organization’s primary contact information and the authorized designee(s) to whom your 2012 Democratic National Convention credentials can be issued.

Authorized Pickup

All pickup persons must have a state-issued ID that matches the name submitted below.

To enter a secured zone, you have always had to have ID. Depending upon the threat level, you may need to have more than one ID. A friend of mine used to live across the street from George W in Crawford, TX. The Secret Service had the road blocked off, so you could not enter unless you were on the list. And if GW was out riding the bike, or working outside, you had to stay in place until he was finished.

Do you really want four more years in which half of college graduates cannot find a job, and 1/5 of working aged people cannot find an adequate job.

Ryan stated in his convention speech that "we were about to lose a major factory" in the town at the time Obama showed up there. And though he compressed then-Sen. Obama's remarks, Ryan did not distort them.

This is what Obama said at the time: "I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years."

In October 2008, after the plant's fate was announced, then-Sen. Obama issued a statement that inched closer to promising to help the factory, which in its prime employed some 7,000 people. "As president, I will lead an effort to retool plants like the GM facility in Janesville so we can build the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow and create good-paying jobs in Wisconsin and all across America," Obama said at the time.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz25QGRXXSy

You guys are joking right? You really don't think Ryan was being intentionally misleading with that comment? You really think the "compressed" point he was trying to make was that, even though Bush and his party were responsible for millions of job losses, including at this plant, that Obama is worse because he couldn't bring every single one of them back? Obama's auto bailout saved the industry and literally hundreds of thousands of jobs. Was Ryan trying to say that Bush's failures were so extreme that literally nothing could repair them fully? Please, give me a break. His comment was hugely and intentionally deceptive. And by eating it up, you're proving the point I made earlier.

BTW I only brought up one example. What about lying that Obama "stole" $716 billion from medicare, when really those cuts only go after waste and fraud and don't hurt subscribers at all - not to mention that Ryan voted for these very cuts. What about blaming Obama for the failure of Simpson-Bowles, when Ryan voted against it and played more of a role than anyone else in its failure? The guy's a liar and he assumes you're stupid. Don't prove him right.

Lyin' Ryan

Ryan’s marathon deception raises questions of character and credibility

Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan is caught lying about running a marathonin under three hours. The truth: Ryan finished the marathon in over four hours. The blatant deception raises questions about Ryan’s character and credibility.

In a radio interview last week Paul Ryan was bragging about running a marathon in under three hours, which if true, would be an impressive feat for any athlete. The only problem - Ryan was lying.

On Friday, August 31, a Ryan campaignspokesman confirmed that the Republican vice presidential candidate has run only one marathon, the 1990 Grandma’s Marathon in Duluth, Minnesota, where Ryan, then 20, is listed as having finished in 4 hours, 1 minute, and 25 seconds.

It is hard to imagine this as some innocent mistake. Claiming to run a marathon in under three hours is like claiming to pitch a no-hitter or hitting a hole in one while golfing. It is a rare and impressive feat that few accomplish. It is not something one would forget, or be confused about.

Lying about his marathon performance is just the latest in a string of alleged falsehoods coming from Ryan. According to multiple reports, Ryan’s speech at last week’s Republican convention was filled lies about Medicare, Welfare, and plant closings.

Indeed, Paul Ryan’s deception on the campaign trail has been so blatant that he has earned the nickname “lyin’ Ryan

Edit: No it wasn't a misquote and Ryan did not mis speak. Quote attached.

Asked if he still ran marathons (plural), Ryan answered “Yeah, but I can’t do it anymore, because my back is just not that great.” When Hewitt interjected, “I’ve just gotta ask, what’s your personal best?” Ryan fatefully answered “Under three, high twos. I had a two hour and fifty-something.” The adoring Hewitt exclaimed “Holy smokes!” To which Ryan humbly answered, “I was fast when I was younger, yeah.

Pathological liars

Some Characteristics:

• Exaggerates things that are ridiculous.

• They lie about even the smallest things. For example, saying "I brushed my teeth today," when they didn't.

• Lies when it is very easy to tell the truth.

• Fools people at first but once they get to know him, no one believes anything they ever say.

• Extremely manipulative.

• Has been caught in lies repeatedly.

• Never fesses up to the lies.

• Is a legend in their own mind.

Pathological liars

Some Characteristics:

• Exaggerates things that are ridiculous.

• They lie about even the smallest things. For example, saying "I brushed my teeth today," when they didn't.

• Lies when it is very easy to tell the truth.

• Fools people at first but once they get to know him, no one believes anything they ever say.

• Extremely manipulative.

• Has been caught in lies repeatedly.

• Never fesses up to the lies.

• Is a legend in their own mind.

Under the Affordable Care Act, which Obama had a Democrat controlled House and Senate pass, 716-billion was to be taken out of Medicare to support the new Obamacare. That is a fact.

Republicans are against the ACA. That is why the birth of the Tea Party led to the ousting of the Democrats from the House, and almost in the Senate in 2010. They will try to repeal Obamacare when the balance of power shifts to them this election. And when Obamacare is repealled, this will see the restoration of the 716-billion into the Medicare trust funds that Obamacare took out.

Archived