The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are many, I found these by searching "Obama" on their channel but there are also many others targeting Dems as a whole.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW5KSVBPbAM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thb-mZmPv70

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2lXEk6LPDU

www.youtube.com/watch?v=toEjMwMdVd4

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Trh8iwNt8

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLrn8Bcudp8

But you're missing my point. You don't need it to be 50/50, or any given fraction, for it to be fair. Shows like TYT regularly target things like deception and corruption, and if one side is ten times more deceitful or corrupt than the other, you've got to represent that in the stories and analysis you do. Probably the biggest failure of the mainstream media is to take both sides and say "this guy said this; that guy said that; let's call it even." That doesn't mean you're unbiased; it actually biases you to the side that is in the wrong. The Republicans are on the wrong side of history on so many things, and to try to always be equating everything is a disservice to the public, and the reason why American politics as a whole is shifted so enormously to the right these days. Being unbiased and being perfectly balanced are not the same thing.

She was great. I've admittedly had a crush on her for a couple of years now though. I could listen to her for a very long time as well. Smart and succinct is the only way I could describe her.

And I thought Clinton did well in delivering a motivating speech.....which is what is was designed to be for the audience in the building, comprised of mainly confirmed supporters, and for those at home, many who are also supporters of the Dem party....but also for those who haven't made up their minds. If you want to pejoratively call supporters of political party or the face of one or of an ideology, then I suppose that's ok. We're all 'lemmings' then in some form or fashion, aren't we? And by we, I mean you as well.

And by hardly true, do you mean there's a little truth to it, or none at all and the suggestion that there's a little truth is unbelievable?

That's a cute straw man to avoid introspectively taking responsibility for being gaga for a politician because of his using celebrity status to articulate speeches you already agree with.

Especially on this forum I'd without a doubt refer to Clinton's supporters as lemmings.

While I agree most at this point in time with Ron Paul, particularly on economic policy, I certainly haven't fallen in love with him like you guys have with Obama/Clinton. They're just politicians being hired for a job, not the politician version of Blind Date/Love Connection.

3 of those videos go after Obama for not being "progressive" enough. Last time I checked... that equates to "not being on the left." Wouldn't that be the same as Fox going after Bush for not being "conservative" enough? So half of your clips you posted, were biased to the left (out of the 6) which would be a 50/50 split (based only on how many clips you posted.) But if we are to use that as the "norm" for TYT, that means half of the "anti-Obama" clips are critical of him for not being "progressive enough." Which means even more videos are biased to "the left."

I do understand the point you are making... that's why I said how I follow "politifact.com" and how they rate things on a scale no matter what side of the isle a person is on. There is almost zero bias on that site (really there is no such thing as being totally unbiased.. everything/everyone will lean a little more left or right.) If the biggest target on the right (Bachmann) says something that is true... they rate it as true, clean and simple. If it's a total farce (the more likely outcome) she gets a "pants on fire" rating. And then based on that, you see it as being unbiased (if it's true... it's true, if it's false... it's false.) There is no "well she should have been more conservative in her view of this" which is what we see from TYT.

I do applaud you for posting those links for me. Based on that, I would assume they aren't as biased as Fox, MSNBC, etc.

That's a cute straw man to avoid introspectively taking responsibility for being gaga for a politician because of his using celebrity status to articulate speeches you already agree with.

Especially on this forum I'd without a doubt refer to Clinton's supporters as lemmings.

While I agree most at this point in time with Ron Paul, particularly on economic policy, I certainly haven't fallen in love with him like you guys have with Obama/Clinton. They're just politicians being hired for a job, not the politician version of Blind Date/Love Connection.

Archived