The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Very nicely said. I agree, even though the OP wanted a 2 person vote. I really don't want to vote for either of them. I think the best option for America is a third party candidate. Specifically Gary Johnson. If people actually want rights and a say in their own life, they should vote for that.

What people don't realize is, sure Romney's at about 45% and Obama's right around 50. But the percentage of people who are confirmed as anti-Obama/pro-whoever else is at about 47%. So Romney is actually polling below "generic GOP anti-Obama candidate X" overall. That means he's doing worse than should even be possible for any Republican candidate to do right now. They literally could have run any random person and been doing better.

The GOP is throwing this election, believe it. If Romney wins there's no way they can win 2016 and they know it. If Obama is re-elected GOP is pretty much guaranteed 2016 unless there's a massive economic turnaround, and looking at America's financial situation, I think we all know that's not gonna happen, even if Congress gets its act together and starts enacting reasonable policy initiatives (fat chance, right?).

Today, Mitt Romney Lost the Election

You can mark my prediction now: A secret recording from a closed-door Mitt Romney fundraiser, released today by David Corn at Mother Jones, has killed Mitt Romney's campaign for president.

On the tape, Romney explains that his electoral strategy involves writing off nearly half the country as unmoveable Obama voters. As

Romney explains, 47 percent of Americans "believe that they are victims." He laments: "I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

So what's the upshot? "My job is not to worry about those people," he says. He also notes, describing President Obama's base, "These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax."

This is an utter disaster for Romney.

Romney already has trouble relating to the public and convincing people he cares about them. Now, he's been caught on video saying that nearly half the country consists of hopeless losers.

Romney has been vigorously denying President Obama's claims that his tax plan would raise taxes on the middle class. Now, he's been caught on video suggesting that low- and middle-income Americans are undertaxed.

(That one is especially problematic given the speculation about what's on Mitt's unreleased pre-2010 tax returns.)

Corn tells us there are more embarrassing moments on segments of the video he hasn't released yet. Romney jokes that he'd be more likely to win the election if he were Hispanic. He makes some awkward comments about whether he was born with a "silver spoon" in his mouth.

But those are survivable. The really disastrous thing is the clip about "victims," and the combination of contempt and pity that Romney shows for anyone who isn't going to vote for him.

Romney is the most opaque presidential nominee since Nixon, and people have been reduced to guessing what his true feelings are. This video provides an answer: He feels that you're a loser. It's not an answer that wins elections.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-17/today-mitt-romney-lost-the-election.html

^ Romney got caught likely doing the very same thing Obama in his private fundraisers says about people in the south, midwest, and rural regions of the US in general. The more frightening part to me is what will be the most overlooked, at how deceptive their strategy is, and how well globally connected they are. But that's a bit deeper.. the populace first needs to accept the more superficial part of what Romney said there, which is these US politicians like Romney and Obama don't think highly enough of you to talk intellectually. The populace = morons. So they'll strategically talk to you like you're a dumbass. Saddest part there is, it works.

^ Romney got caught likely doing the very same thing Obama in his private fundraisers says about people in the south, midwest, and rural regions of the US in general. The more frightening part to me is what will be the most overlooked, at how deceptive their strategy is, and how well globally connected they are. But that's a bit deeper.. the populace first needs to accept the more superficial part of what Romney said there, which is these US politicians like Romney and Obama don't think highly enough of you to talk intellectually. The populace = morons. So they'll strategically talk to you like you're a dumbass. Saddest part there is, it works.

Omg.. why does Romney open his mouth? He was chosen as the nominee because he's a puppet that doesn't take a stand on anything. Now he goes and insults Obama for apologizing for American principles after a US diplomat was shot and goes on to write off half the country for not being motivated enough. I mean insult Kerry all you want but he was somewhere near centre by this point in the campaign.

If Occupy Wall St (happy 1 year to them for doing whatever they did) has taught me anything, it's that there is a percentage of people in the US that have this mindset of a nanny state covering their backs. Of course, the 53-47 paradigm is really simplified and does not take into account lots of other factors, but hey, let's just throw Romney under the bus because it's the democrat thing to do.

The only difference being that when Romney talks about the 47% of the people not paying taxes, he's talking out of his ass, and when Obama talks about people clinging to their guns and their bibles, it's quite evident that many of those southeners, midwest bread basketers, and rural folk, very much do, local and non-local yokels alike. They're just to stupid and too arrogant(the deadliest of combo's) to admit it.

If Occupy Wall St (happy 1 year to them for doing whatever they did) has taught me anything, it's that there is a percentage of people in the US that have this mindset of a nanny state covering their backs. Of course, the 53-47 paradigm is really simplified and does not take into account lots of other factors, but hey, let's just throw Romney under the bus because it's the democrat thing to do.

One thing I will say about the occupy movement from a strictly objective point of view - and I hope this gets a response- is that the spontaneity and lack of centralized leadership is what kept the movement alive. When the mayor of New York or any other involved city for that matter steps down to try to negotiate there is no one that can step forward. The movement is omniscient, stubborn, and surprisingly ineffective.

The only difference being that when Romney talks about the 47% of the people not paying taxes, he's talking out of his ass, and when Obama talks about people clinging to their guns and their bibles, it's quite evident that many of those southeners, midwest bread basketers, and rural folk, very much do, local and non-local yokels alike. They're just to stupid and too arrogant(the deadliest of combo's) to admit it.

You do know that fifty percent of people in the States do not pay any income taxes, and that those on government benefits get more money back in fully refundable credits, like the earned income credit and child tax credits. There are also many people down here who get free medicaid, free prescriptions through PPARX, who get their rent paid for under Section 8, who get free food stamps, utility assistance, and who get welfare cash benefits, and may even get a disability check on top of it, and not to mention full Pell grants to attend college for free, and all of this is tax free. The fact is most Canadians have no clue about how generous the American welfare system is. The real problem is the people who work, and are not eligible for any of the benefits are really suffering. That those who are on public assistance may have more dispensible income at the end of the month.

Archived