The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Huh? That has nothing to do with my question. I'm saying, let's take everything Romney has ever proposed regarding the budget, and let's assume that he gets it all passed. I'm telling you it won't reduce the deficit at all, and I'm asking you to find me one source that says otherwise.

And the obstruction to budgets will continue from the Grand Obstruction Party.

John Boehner: GOP Won't Agree To Raise Taxes On Wealthy, Even If Obama Wins Reelection

s-BOEHNER-GOP-TAX-WEALTHY-large300.jpg

WASHINGTON -- Elections often come with a mandate -- or at least some sort of consequences for the defeated party, which not only has its candidates rejected by the public, but its ideas as well. Nevertheless, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) is vowing that even if President Obama is reelected, Republicans will not budge on their refusal to raise taxes on wealthy Americans.

At a press conference Friday morning, a reporter asked Boehner whether Republicans were "eventually going to have to raise taxes in some way" if the president wins in November.

"No," replied Boehner. "Raising taxes, according to Ernst and Young, would threaten our economy with a loss of 700,000 jobs. Now why would I ever be for something like that? I'm not."

Boehner's stand-firm stance is not shared by all of his caucus. According to the Washington Post, "senior Republicans in the House and the Senate" admit that if the president is reelected, he will have leverage to push for allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire on income above $250,000.

Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.), a senior member of the budget committee, admitted that if Obama does prevail in November, taxes are likely to increase for wealthy families.

“This is a referendum on taxes,” Cole said. “If the president wins reelection, taxes are going up” for the nation’s wealthiest households, and “there’s not a lot we can do about that."

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) said that as long as Republicans retain control of the House, he'd be "really surprised if we capitulate on what’s essentially a core fundamental of conservative orthodoxy."

The study Boehner cited by the accounting firm Ernst and Young was funded by pro-business groups that disagree with the president's push for higher taxes on certain segments of society. The White House also quickly issued a thorough response taking issue with the report's conclusions.

The Post reported on Friday that lawmakers are looking for compromises with Democrats in case the GOP loses at the polls in November. For example, Republicans would allow taxes to rise in exchange for other GOP priorities like saving the Pentagon from budget cuts and changes to Medicare.

House has passed a budget (http://thehill.com/b...ican-defections) and has sent it to the Senate. Harry Reid, Democrat, has not allowed a vote on the House's budget (http://nationalprior...ere-are-we-now/).

Obama on the other hand, sent the House a budget and it failed 414-0 (http://www.washingto...defeated-414-0/), and in the Senate 98-0 (http://www.shorenews...liver-jobs.html). You cannot spin the facts.

Allowing drug addicts to rule over you is irrational.

I don't recall putting anyone in power.

We already have. It's called the non-aggression principle. A bloody revolution is an oxymoron. The rule of force over peace is the thing doing the damage, regardless of who is wielding it. What is needed is a transformation of consciousness, a peace revolution. If we take our instincts for peaceful co-operation seriously then we relate to one another as human beings rather than as tribally salivating partisans. But the problem is that takes time and effort and soul searching. And we don't want that, we want the quick hit of political participation and upheaval. We prefer the spectacle of a benevolent overlord promising hope and change over the substance of actually doing things our selves to concertize these sentiments into practical principles that effect real change, change in our own lives, which we know how to take responsibility for.

Oh you mean Sen. Reid wouldn't allow a vote on the Tea Party written budget??

“Oh Lord have mercy! I do declare! I don’t know what she’s talking about! Fiddle lee dee, is there not a gentleman in the room who can fetch me a cold glass of china berry tea? I do believe I have the vapours!”

As for being a politician, thanks. I It is a complex job, needing civility, tact, and interpersonal skills. You also have to be fluent in polity and procedures, especially when conducting business meetings. All of these things to translate well into the realm of politics

Both have large personalities. Palin rose up the ranks from being Wasila's mayor, ran for Liuetenant Governor, Governor, and then VP appointment. Colonel West, an African American member of the House of Representatives served in the military for twenty years before entering politics.

Oh I can reason just fine. I wonder if you're able to do, what's the word Clinton used? Ah yes, arithmetic, in putting two and two together in order to understand why Reid would allow the House Budget to be introduced?

You are aware that Republicans don't have 'clean hands' either yes?

Archived