The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All current US presidents are the same and won't make any changes or significant changes that matter. Whether Democratic or Republican or Obama or Romney. You think Romney is going to come in there and completely change the budget and reduce deficit. You must be living in a fantasy world.

Most of my Canadian friends back home cannot vote in this election, because they are not US citizens. I became a dual citizen after living in the US for thirteen years. I was tired of being taxed without any representation. I am happy that I can help vote for Mitt Romney. Then again, Obama has a snowballs chance in hell to when any presidential electors from the State of Lousiana for the Electoral College.

when i voted in the last election , my vote helped to give the balance of power to people who i believe speak out against , and want to change things in my society that i want changed .

please tell me how this is a harmful and destructive fantasy ?

Right. Because if I do vote than that means I am giving my sanction. But if I don't I have no right to complain. This is doublethink Sharpshooter.

prayer is an act of informed christiandom

The fact that you don't pray is a slap in the face to Jesus who preceded you and fought and died so you could have the ability to help shape the shared society in which you live in and off of.

The worst kind of cynical lazyiness is the non-believer.

There isn't a substantive line in here. These are just the stock propaganda slogans we all learn in education camp.

Right. Because if I do vote than that means I am giving my sanction. But if I don't I have no right to complain. This is doublethink Sharpshooter.

prayer is an act of informed christiandom

The fact that you don't pray is a slap in the face to Jesus who preceded you and fought and died so you could have the ability to help shape the shared society in which you live in and off of.

The worst kind of cynical lazyiness is the non-believer.

There isn't a substantive line in here. These are just the stock propaganda slogans we all learn in education camp.

Why Don't Windows Roll Down on Airplanes-Mitt Romney

Mitt Romney revealed a tenuous grip on the science of aviation, despite the fact that he and his wife, Ann, have been flying around the country this summer on the campaign trail. Romney was quoted as saying that airplane windows "don't open. I don't know why they don't do that," After his wife's plane was forced to make an emergency landing this weekend, Romney told the Los Angeles Times, he was worried for her safety. The candidate then continued on a bizarre tangent that showed just how little the Republican nominee understands about flight.

"I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don't think she knows just how worried some of us were," Romney told the paper. "When you have a fire in an aircraft, there's no place to go, exactly."

Romney said the biggest problem in a distressed aircraft is that "the windows don't open. I don't know why they don't do that. It's a real problem. So it's very dangerous."

... I am just astounded by the stupidity of the last two pages. This is a combined criticism of both left and right, holy f*ck stay on topic.

As a wrap up for Romney's nose dive of last week:

Monday: Video of Romney saying he doesn't care about the 47% that do not pay taxes

Tuesday: Defending above statement

Wednesday: Attends a lecture hall of primarily Spanish-American voters with a pretty dark spray tan.

Thursday: Releases tax return for 2011, of which he only paid 14%. Wife goes on fox defending this.

Friday: Paul Ryan announces he wants to repeal Obama care at an AARP meeting. The crowd boo's him off stage.

As a wrap up, Romney thinks your nothing if you don't pay taxes, while he pays a fraction of what he should. Insults Latino voters by wearing a blatant spray tan (hands were white - face was brown). He then goes on to lose the elderly vote when Ryan cites his true budget plan.

For any of you conservatives that can defend any of the above, using logic not cooked up facts, I welcome you to a discussion. In the mean time I think it's safe to say what liberals have been saying all along - Romney is a dipsh*t.

It is a trap.

If you have no choice but to buy and consume McDonald's food it really does not matter if every couple of years you get to vote for the new CEO of the company. Regardless if your guy wins, the fact that McDonald's is not the solution to the problem of hunger, to say nothing of it's disastrous effects on human health and happiness, will go fundamentally unexamined, uncorrected and never talked about. Forcing people to pay for and to eat McDonalds is wrong. And this too is true of presidential elections. Regardless if your guy wins, the fact that statism is not the solution to the problem of ethics, to say nothing of it's disastrous effects on human health and happiness, will go fundamentally unexamined, uncorrected, and never talked about. Forcing people to pay for and consume government "services" is wrong.

Whatever power you think state officials have is the dissociated projection of the power you have within yourself to speak out against and change the things in society that you want changed, to contribute towards a healthy and prosperous community based on the principles of honoring the fact that people own themselves. The problem with voting is that it betrays a false understanding of the power that runs the world. An understanding that says there is a chain of command in society and the only way to change things is to vote the people you like into positions of "power"... But of what nature is this power exactly? It not the chain of command that allows state officials, for better or worse, to make changes in society. It is the chain of obedience. It is the fact that the average person's mind has been so severely broken that they will literally believe anything they are told in order to escape the responsibility of thinking for themselves.

The harmful and destructive fantasy is this. If you support the (US) government you are supporting a faith based education system that violates everything that is known about how healthy psychological development in the young can be nurtured, you are supporting a faith based War on Terror in which millions of lives are being destroyed in foreign wars of aggression for the Orwellian purpose of achieving "peace", you are supporting a faith based War on Drugs in which that if any person who did not call themselves the "government" were to engage in it you would rightfully brand them as paranoid and violent criminals that are wreaking untold damage to the lives of the poor and minorities, and you support a faith based system of ethics, where funding for government is paid through taxation, which is magically not stealing, because in the brain-cramp mentality of statism, it is impossible to be a good person who doesn't kneel down and obey government.

We've all heard about the white vote, the black and latino votes, the women vote, etc., but what about the "moron vote"?

Well, who watches The View anyway?

Obama Builds a Coalition of Morons

You know, Obama is not meeting with anybody. He went on The View, and he described himself as "eye candy" on The View. You know what I think happened? I think that somebody scribbled that as a note on the teleprompter, and he thought he was supposed to say it. Why would you describe yourself as "eye candy" sitting there? Wouldn't the women be the eye candy, if you're really a guy who's trying to portray this notion that Republican hate women?

Why is he going on The View anyway?

You know why he's going on The View? Because the gender gap is tightening. The War on Women is bombing out and that's why he goes on there. Wolf Blitzer last week said it made perfect sense that Obama would go on Letterman. I mean, if you're out trolling for votes, what makes more sense, going on Letterman or meeting with Benjamin Netanyahu? It was a great move by Obama, said Wolf Blitzer.

Now Wolf's done a 180. Wolf and the Drive-Bys are a little worried that Obama's not meeting any world leaders but he's going on The View. Dana Milbank in the Washington Post called it "almost scandalous." Obama's throwing a party and having a reception, but big whoop. He's gonna meet 'em, not official meetings. It's just, you know, a little glad handing or whatever goes on in these things.

But there's no official meetings, which are standard operating procedure. Hillary's doing all those. Unbeknownst to people, Hillary is the one meeting with Morsi and the guy from Iran and the guy from wherever. There are photos of it. Hillary's taking all these meetings while Obama's on The View and the Drive-Bys are wringing their hands, even Jacob Tapper doesn't understand this, and Wolf's done a 180. Wolf Blitzer says it's okay to go on Letterman rather than meet Netanyahu, but now Wolf's a little concerned.

Why is he hanging around with the women on The View? It's all about voters that Obama's targeting. It's all totally about that, and so was this speech today. You know, you people on the left, you like to think of yourselves as the smartest among us, and you pride yourself that Obama's the smartest man ever. Do you realize how dumb the average Obama voter is? Do you realize how...? Not dumb. Uninformed.

Do you realize that Obama is trying to put together a majority coalition made up of the least-informed people in this country, and, in some cases, maybe the dumbest? He's not targeting the brains of our society. He may figure he has academia all wrapped up, but, I mean, his big electoral push is for the mental midgets in this country, proudly so. Yet you people on the left, you sit out there feeling all high and mighty about how smart Obama is and how smart you are.

When, in fact, your guy can't get elected without a majority of the Dumb Vote, the Moron Vote. And that's what he's trying to coalesce.

Archived