The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have been making the argument from morality as well as the argument from first principles. You are using ex-post-facto rationalizations and the argument from utility. There doesn't seem to be any possible meeting ground between us. Moreover, you never seem to have any interest in even processing the argument's I put forth. You tend towards acting as though they aren't even there. So I thought frack it, I'll post an film that makes a lot of compelling arguments in the vein of what I have been talking about only a lot better than I can. Kind of like how you post song lyrics when you get frustrated. It is more for the lurkers ofcourse. I have never seen a single person change their mind on an online debate on any topic, ever. So I am always conscientious of there being wider audience.

The debates are stupid. 99% of people who watch them are already decided voters. Plus the candidates will spend 3 hours arguing policies and visions, but after the only thing the media will focus on is if one of the candidates sighed or stuttered or made a funny face.

Well Romney managed to come back to centre. His numbers are cooked of course, and the 716 he keeps dropping has been proven to not be taken out of medicare. Romney in almost every rebuttal so far has used or expanded on Obama's examples, nothing new he's contributing.

Romney did surprisingly well tonight. Obama and his team needs to find something else to attack rather than the tax cuts that Romney is denying. Romney could gain some momentum from this if Obama doesn't do better in round two.

Funny everyone here is bashing Romney when most political analysts say Romney did very well. They said Obama was on the defensive most of the time.

A CNN poll said 67% of those who saw the debate think Romney was the winner. Only 25% said Obama won.

But then very few people vote according to who wins a debate. Most people's minds are already made up irregardless who wins a debate.

While it's hard to say after you've pointed it out, I haven't been involved in this thread, but I thought Romney murdered Obama tonight. I don't think he's the best candidate, and I didn't like how vague he was, but Obama was not decisive in his delivery, he seemed unprepared, and it seemed like Romney going five minutes talking without insulting the entire nation somehow rattled him. If I was scoring both out of 10, Romney wins 9-5, and if I was an ignorant voter who knew nothing about the issues and had no party preference and I only saw this debate, I'd be voting Romney. He won't win, and he shouldn't, but if I was the Dems I'd be bricking over how badly Romney schooled Obama tonight.

Archived