The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That being said, there is no way Obama doesn't win the next two. He's an infinitely better speaker than Romney, and I suspect his advisers told him to be on the defensive since he has such a big lead. That won't happen again. The next debate is going to be worth watching.

That being said, there is no way Obama doesn't win the next two. He's an infinitely better speaker than Romney, and I suspect his advisers told him to be on the defensive since he has such a big lead. That won't happen again. The next debate is going to be worth watching.

Romney lied a ton tonight but he was extremely slick. I thought Obama looked tired or sick. That was not vintage Obama. I can see how ignorant voters would get sucked in by that nonsense. Romney and the Republicans got some life tonight.

Matthews on Obama: I don’t know what he was doing

Chris Matthews shares his disappointment with President Barack Obama’s debate performance saying he was “enduring the debate rather than fighting it” while “Mitt Romney came in with a plan.” Matthews also says to get in touch with the American people, needs to “watch cable news.”

http://video.msnbc.m.../msnbc/49281973

Romney lied a ton tonight but he was extremely slick. I thought Obama looked tired or sick. That was not vintage Obama. I can see how ignorant voters would get sucked in by that nonsense. Romney and the Republicans got some life tonight.

Regardless of what Obama's reasoning might have been in letting himself play defense all night, it's not exactly sound strategy to give away the first period. Momentum is a dangerous thing by itself, couple that with a gullible audience and it might spell trouble for Obama. At this point, one debate isn't going to erase Obama's sizeable lead over Romney, but he can't afford to lose the next one lest he put himself in a situation where he'll need a knockout to secure the victory.

I think it was strategy, not great strategy but strategy nonetheless. Obama let Romney talk in vagueness about his proposed policy changes, let him dribble on inaccurate facts, let Romney build off of Obama's points with nothing really new to contribute himself. Romney was supposed to win domestic policy, if only for the economy. It's now Obama's chance to hit Romney with his flip flopping and his vague policy proposals.

Obama wasn't prepared for a full offensive game by Romney, but it's Romney's only real play. The one thing Romney accomplished was the bi-partisan stab, that one will sink in. Hard to be partisan when Obama gets shut down by filibusters from Tea Party republicans; might as well be unilateral. It's late, I'm going off on tangents.

Romney has been allowed free rein to commit himself and establish his "position's" .. now, Obama and team must make him defend all these positions, many of them new .. Romney will be hard pressed to remember where he stands in two weeks, let alone refine them .. this better be the plan, or Obama has allowed Romney to get his feet under him .. expect two weeks of "fact" checking to reveal more flip-flops than a Jimmy Buffet concert ..

MItt is probably feeling overly confident this morning .. nothing quite like an egotistical mannequin

this is like the home team favorite lost gm 1 in cup finals. they need to adjust and get back in it.

biden v ryan debate will be important to stem the tide.

on the other hand, the specific lies romney made last night will be plenty of ammunition for obama campaign to dissect and attack for the next month

Archived