The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Romney is a p*ssy. He wants to cut a trillion dollars off the deficit but when asked what specifically he'd cut all he can say is the 500m/year PBS and Big Bird. You want to be a big man and make the tough cuts? Tell us what they are then, buddy.

!votekick Romney

EDIT: I suppose I should turn this into an actual post, so what are your thoughts on this quote: "Needless to say, the trends that please me are called un-American by some; but you will recognize them as classically American. The question is whether or not our beautiful libertarian, pluralist, and populist experiment is viable in modern conditions." - Paul Goodman

Don't forget, Obama's no stranger to stretching the economic truth - remember this?

Enlarge ImageEnlarge ImageEnlarge ImageOB-RU180_1obama_D_20120213182211.jpg

OB-RU180_1obama_G_20120213182211.jpgAssociated Press

Copies of President Obama's fiscal 2013 federal budget arrive at the House Budget Committee.

And there will be more. Yesterday, Mr. Obama's chief economic adviser, Gene Sperling, reported that the President wants a new "global minimum tax." Mr. Sperling said the new tax is necessary "so that people have the assurance that nobody is escaping doing their fair share as part of a race to the bottom or having our tax code actually subsidize and facilitate people moving their funds to tax havens." He didn't offer specifics but said the White House will be saying more, "perhaps not in gory detail, but in more detail," by the end of the month.

You would think amid all of its other tax increases that the White House wouldn't need another. But its problem is that other countries rudely compete for capital by keeping their tax rates low, so Mr. Obama wants to punish Americans who dare to take that advantage rather than cut the U.S. rate to 25% to make America more competitive.

Despite its tax increases, the White House still predicts that the annual budget deficit will be $901 billion in 2013 and never fall below $575 billion in any of the next 10 years. Democrats denounced George W. Bush for allowing so much red ink, but his deficits averaged only 3.5% of GDP if you don't count 2001 but do include the 10.1% of 2009. Mr. Obama's deficits have averaged 9.1% of GDP if you count 2009, as you should because his $800 billion stimulus passed that February.

The political reality of budgeting is that voters should only believe what they can see, which is what politicians are proposing now. Promises of future spending cuts are a mirage. Mr. Obama needs to point to the mirage because his fiscal record is the worst in modern American history.

Yes.

I've said my peace about the undesirability of either corporate spokesman, but all these polls need to be read with caution.

The media is for the most part leftist and completely out of touch with what they call "fly over country". The old joke about a newspaper man not knowing anybody who voted for Nixon is more pertinent than ever. Republican voters, however deluded, are still on average more intelligent and dependable than the rabble that the openly communist party, with its media and entertainment pushers, struggle to herd into voting booths. Also, it being not as "cool", a Romney voter is less likely to admit to being one to a pollster.

Bottom line, if most quasi-dependable polls claim less than 3% lead for Obama the night before, a Romney victory is a distinct possibility. Again, I'm indifferent to which corporate shill takes it, but I'd hate to see a sizable CDC contingent cry on account of not being forewarned.

Yes.

I've said my peace about the undesirability of either corporate spokesman, but all these polls need to be read with caution.

The media is for the most part leftist and completely out of touch with what they call "fly over country". The old joke about a newspaper man not knowing anybody who voted for Nixon is more pertinent than ever. Republican voters, however deluded, are still on average more intelligent and dependable than the rabble that the openly communist party, with its media and entertainment pushers, struggle to herd into voting booths. Also, it being not as "cool", a Romney voter is less likely to admit to being one to a pollster.

Bottom line, if most quasi-dependable polls claim less than 3% lead for Obama the night before, a Romney victory is a distinct possibility. Again, I'm indifferent to which corporate shill takes it, but I'd hate to see a sizable CDC contingent cry on account of not being forewarned.

REALLY

So it is more intelligent to vote for a person who preached/believes, that the angel MORONi told joseph smith that jesus came to america , and cursed the indians and turned them red ,and the BS just keeps on flowing from there .

That requires a real intelligence :lol:

Did you guys know Big Bird and the Sesame St brand filed a net worth of 330 million bucks last year with the IRS ?

They kinda dont need any more public financing to survive . In fact, they could easily go to ABC or NBC or 50 cable channels with their name recognition and make a whole pile of money.

As for PBS, it was given 140 million from the government , and over 2 BILLION from private donors last year. So even as a whole, they just dont need the taxpayer dollars.

How many teachers could that hire?

Show me a politician who does not lie?? .. just one .. even "Jebus" fibbed .. Romney lies so much that he invariably doubles back on himself, and appears to be telling the truth occasionally .. even Mitt canna tell when he's being truthful .. just what the free world needs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..... :lol:

Nah, it's totally a 6 ft+ real bird that talks. And the reason I know he's a real bird that can talk, is because he's on teevee. Any bird that could talk like that naturally would be. Case closed. You can take your 'man in a bird suit' propaganda elsewhere.

Archived