The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even as a Canadian I am really freaking scared of Romney possibly becoming president. Talk about recession double dipping. Vice presidential debate tomorrow, I fully expect Ryan to get creamed. Maybe it's the Palin thing all over again, some obscure candidate gets the nod for VP expecting they will represent a fringe demographic only to ultimately insult the demographic with pandering.

Americans, do the right thing, vote for the intellectual. Romney has flip flopped on every imaginable issue, does not want to speak about specific policy changes, offers nothing of his 'ingenious' plan to boost the American economy, and has business interests he wishes to protect upon entering the white house. Bush 3.0.

Did you guys know Big Bird and the Sesame St brand filed a net worth of 330 million bucks last year with the IRS ?

They kinda dont need any more public financing to survive . In fact, they could easily go to ABC or NBC or 50 cable channels with their name recognition and make a whole pile of money.

As for PBS, it was given 140 million from the government , and over 2 BILLION from private donors last year. So even as a whole, they just dont need the taxpayer dollars.

How many teachers could that hire?

how about instead do the responsible thing . Give me back the 800 billion and PAY DOWN THE @$%#$% 16 trillion dollar debt .

There you go, you got 15.2 trillion dollar debt instead of 16 trillion.

800 billion on freebie television? Not only did he not say it best, he didn't think it through.

I just said that WAY better than Stewart.

WTF?

I have to stop you now. You have decorated this thread with incorrect and often incoherent 'facts'. Facts are that which are proven, not that in which is stated in an online forum. Let's not misconstrue how the Iraq war was started, it was Dick Cheney's presentation to the UN of tubular pipe purchases and uranium deposits to imply that Iraq had means of creating nuclear weapons. You can do many things with long tubes, be that pipelines or drainage systems but Cheney and his puppet Bush went to the UN and made the presentation regardless. A notion towards war against Iraq in which only the British Tony Blair supported. This war was not legitimate as it did not have international support.

It was the half baked scheme of the Bush administration to enter Iraq if only to go after Saddam, finishing his father's mistake. It was the republicans that started both wars, neglected to reinforce the levies before Katrina, enabled a culture of deregulation and ultimately destroyed the American economy. It was Obama who ended the Iraq war, got a Nobel Peace Prize for ending the Bush policy on torture, and ultimately the guy who killed Bin Laden. Regardless of Obama's vote in 2003, I really don't see how you can glorify republicans in all of this.

Romney has nothing to do with the Bush's decision to go to war in Iraq. He was never even in Washington and had nothing to do with that administration.

None of what Bush did has anything to do with Romney just as nothing Jimmy Carter did has anything to do with Obama.

So your whole rant is a JOKE . Debunked immediately.

Want a REAL fact ? Listen up sonny .

I aint a republican . Never voted Republican.

I graduated from SFU with an undergraduate degree in Political Science in 1992. Were you even BORN yet?

I am highly amused by kids sitting around in Canada trying to discuss politics in another country that you have no say in. Trying to thrall us with your gems of wisdom in affairs that are 15 pay grades over your head.

I can assure you that whatever you think you see on MSNBC or FOX or Huffington Post is nowhere near any objective reality.

So yes, I think this thread is funny. A bunch of kids in Canada thinking they know dry @$%$ about American Politics.

it is irrelevant whether you LIKE my opinion or not.

This thread is supposed to be about Romney and Obama. Keep it about that.

Archived