Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

• Please log in to reply
2022 replies to this topic

Poll: Obama vs Romney (329 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you vote for?

1. Obama (279 votes [85.32%])

Percentage of vote: 85.32%

2. Romney (48 votes [14.68%])

Percentage of vote: 14.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#511 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

Did he create the tax structure that's being enjoyed by GE's CEO and GE?

Technically no, but his work as a Senator contributed to it. And as President, he is responsible for allowing it.

However, even with a majority, the Dems in the Senate cannot get a budget passed. And the budget Barry proposed failed 414 to 0 in the House of Representatives, and 97 to 0 in the Senate.

#512 mrawfull

mrawfull

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

85% of morons in this thread go with a guy that does not know how much 'precisely' the national debt is, and who thinks that so much debt is not a big problem at all (well, for as long as he's president anyway)

:picard:

#513 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,692 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

85% of morons in this thread go with a guy that does not know how much 'precisely' the national debt is, and who thinks that so much debt is not a big problem at all (well, for as long as he's president anyway)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf3XnQ4UbHw

...and the other 15% of the morons?
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#514 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

The US debt changes by the second. He is right not to throw out a number that is not `precisely`` right. It would be pounced on by the GOP.

The US debt is huge but so is the US GDP.

#515 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,522 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

So typical that, THAT is what you took from that.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#516 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

I count YOU as first among the 85% .. consistently incredulous commentary .. you should stick to local politics .. :lol:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#517 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president (Obama) no matter what," Romney says in one clip. "All right -- there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing."

I don't know how anyone who isn't rich could vote for Romney.

Edited by CAPSLOCK, 20 September 2012 - 08:19 PM.

#518 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

Posted Image
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#519 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

Too bad Romney's plan won't tackle the debt at all. Show me one piece of evidence (and I mean real evidence, not articles from Conservative groups) that say otherwise.

#520 mrawfull

mrawfull

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

Too bad Romney's plan won't tackle the debt at all. Show me one piece of evidence (and I mean real evidence, not articles from Conservative groups) that say otherwise.

If the argument now is going to be, who can write and pass a budget, you're going to lose by default because we all the Democrats are incapable of doing that.

#521 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

If the argument now is going to be, who can write and pass a budget, you're going to lose by default because we all the Democrats are incapable of doing that.

I don't think it's a question of incapability,

GOP Senators Agree: Senate Passed ‘Budget Agreement’ In August

“While provisions to raise the debt limit and create a Congressional deficit reduction committee drew most of the attention in the legislation that allowed the government to narrowly avert a default,
House and Senate leaders also used the measure to establish federal spending limits for the next two years.”

–New York Times, 8/28/11

The Budget Control Act, passed by the Senate in August, set the federal budget for fiscal years 2012 and 2013 – a fact acknowledged in recent months by leading Senate Republicans:

Sen. Collins Called the Budget Control Act a “Budget Agreement” and a “Budget Plan.” “The budget agreement also requires a vote on a balanced budget Constitutional amendment by the end of the year…While I supported the budget plan recently passed by Congress, I did so with serious reservations.” [Collins Column, 8/5/11]

Sen. Grassley Called the Budget Control Act a “Budget Agreement.” “We should be doing those things not only in this budget agreement, this deficit reduction agreement, but in all the decisions we make in the Congress.” [Congressional Record, 8/1/11]

Sen. Alexander Called the Budget Control Act a “Budget Agreement.” “The budget agreement we came to in August pretty well got 40 percent of the budget under control, the part we call discretionary spending – everything from national defense to national parks. It’s only growing at about the rate of inflation over the next 10 years.” [NPR, 9/22/11]

If not for all the obstruction at the hands of the GOP, which this time around seems to be a new high watermark, a full budget could have been able to be passed. You should ask yourself why the GOP are looking for cuts and are more concerned about cuts to foodstamps rather than defence spending and Homeland security cuts.....you know, places that would actually see some real savings, in order to push back against the national debt and 'out of control spending'?

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#522 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

Huh? That has nothing to do with my question. I'm saying, let's take everything Romney has ever proposed regarding the budget, and let's assume that he gets it all passed. I'm telling you it won't reduce the deficit at all, and I'm asking you to find me one source that says otherwise.

#523 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

Huh? That has nothing to do with my question. I'm saying, let's take everything Romney has ever proposed regarding the budget, and let's assume that he gets it all passed. I'm telling you it won't reduce the deficit at all, and I'm asking you to find me one source that says otherwise.

Just remember that the great politician Obama had a budget that failed in the House 414-0 and in the Senate 98-0 this year.

Edited by jmfaminoff, 21 September 2012 - 11:59 AM.

#524 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

And the obstruction to budgets will continue from the Grand Obstruction Party.

John Boehner: GOP Won't Agree To Raise Taxes On Wealthy, Even If Obama Wins Reelection

Posted Image

WASHINGTON -- Elections often come with a mandate -- or at least some sort of consequences for the defeated party, which not only has its candidates rejected by the public, but its ideas as well. Nevertheless, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) is vowing that even if President Obama is reelected, Republicans will not budge on their refusal to raise taxes on wealthy Americans.

At a press conference Friday morning, a reporter asked Boehner whether Republicans were "eventually going to have to raise taxes in some way" if the president wins in November.

"No," replied Boehner. "Raising taxes, according to Ernst and Young, would threaten our economy with a loss of 700,000 jobs. Now why would I ever be for something like that? I'm not."

Boehner's stand-firm stance is not shared by all of his caucus. According to the Washington Post, "senior Republicans in the House and the Senate" admit that if the president is reelected, he will have leverage to push for allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire on income above $250,000.

Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.), a senior member of the budget committee, admitted that if Obama does prevail in November, taxes are likely to increase for wealthy families.

“This is a referendum on taxes,” Cole said. “If the president wins reelection, taxes are going up” for the nation’s wealthiest households, and “there’s not a lot we can do about that."

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) said that as long as Republicans retain control of the House, he'd be "really surprised if we capitulate on what’s essentially a core fundamental of conservative orthodoxy."

The study Boehner cited by the accounting firm Ernst and Young was funded by pro-business groups that disagree with the president's push for higher taxes on certain segments of society. The White House also quickly issued a thorough response taking issue with the report's conclusions.

The Post reported on Friday that lawmakers are looking for compromises with Democrats in case the GOP loses at the polls in November. For example, Republicans would allow taxes to rise in exchange for other GOP priorities like saving the Pentagon from budget cuts and changes to Medicare.

But, it's the Dems fault that they can't get budgets passed?? :picard:

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#525 Fathoms

Fathoms

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

and...?

Allowing drug addicts to rule over you is irrational.

We put these people in positions of power. It's OUR responsibility to keep them in check.

I don't recall putting anyone in power.

Right now, we're not doing that nearly enough and paying the price. Generally this eventually leads to bloody revolution. Here's hoping we've evolved enough to think of something better to solve that problem.

We already have. It's called the non-aggression principle. A bloody revolution is an oxymoron. The rule of force over peace is the thing doing the damage, regardless of who is wielding it. What is needed is a transformation of consciousness, a peace revolution. If we take our instincts for peaceful co-operation seriously then we relate to one another as human beings rather than as tribally salivating partisans. But the problem is that takes time and effort and soul searching. And we don't want that, we want the quick hit of political participation and upheaval. We prefer the spectacle of a benevolent overlord promising hope and change over the substance of actually doing things our selves to concertize these sentiments into practical principles that effect real change, change in our own lives, which we know how to take responsibility for.
wordings...

#526 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

And the obstruction to budgets will continue from the Grand Obstruction Party.

But, it's the Dems fault that they can't get budgets passed?? :picard:

House has passed a budget (http://thehill.com/b...ican-defections) and has sent it to the Senate. Harry Reid, Democrat, has not allowed a vote on the House's budget (http://nationalprior...ere-are-we-now/).

Obama on the other hand, sent the House a budget and it failed 414-0 (http://www.washingto...defeated-414-0/), and in the Senate 98-0 (http://www.shorenews...liver-jobs.html). You cannot spin the facts.

Edited by jmfaminoff, 21 September 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#527 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

House has passed a budget (http://thehill.com/b...ican-defections) and has sent it to the Senate. Harry Reid, Democrat, has not allowed a vote on the House's budget (http://nationalprior...ere-are-we-now/).

Obama on the other hand, sent the House a budget and it failed 414-0 (http://www.washingto...defeated-414-0/), and in the Senate 98-0 (http://www.shorenews...liver-jobs.html). You cannot spin the facts.

Oh you mean Sen. Reid wouldn't allow a vote on the Tea Party written budget??

“Oh Lord have mercy! I do declare! I don’t know what she’s talking about! Fiddle lee dee, is there not a gentleman in the room who can fetch me a cold glass of china berry tea? I do believe I have the vapours!”

#528 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,228 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

Allowing drug addicts to rule over you is irrational.

I don't recall putting anyone in power.

We already have. It's called the non-aggression principle. A bloody revolution is an oxymoron. The rule of force over peace is the thing doing the damage, regardless of who is wielding it. What is needed is a transformation of consciousness, a peace revolution. If we take our instincts for peaceful co-operation seriously then we relate to one another as human beings rather than as tribally salivating partisans. But the problem is that takes time and effort and soul searching. And we don't want that, we want the quick hit of political participation and upheaval. We prefer the spectacle of a benevolent overlord promising hope and change over the substance of actually doing things our selves to concertize these sentiments into practical principles that effect real change, change in our own lives, which we know how to take responsibility for.

Do you vote ?

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#529 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Oh you mean Sen. Reid wouldn't allow a vote on the Tea Party written budget??

“Oh Lord have mercy! I do declare! I don’t know what she’s talking about! Fiddle lee dee, is there not a gentleman in the room who can fetch me a cold glass of china berry tea? I do believe I have the vapours!”

Cannot reason with the facts... you do know that tax bills have to orginate in the House.

#530 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

Just remember that the great politician Obama had a budget that failed in the House 414-0 and in the Senate 98-0 this year.

You should be a politician. You're great at avoiding simple questions. (Actually you're awful at it... yup, a natural politician).

#531 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

You should be a politician. You're great at avoiding simple questions. (Actually you're awful at it... yup, a natural politician).

Simply, to his question. Tax bills originate in the House of Representatives, and the 2012 budget passed the House of Representatives. Yes, it is true that the House has a lot of Tea Party members in it. However, it still does not absolve the Senate of its responsibility to vote on the House's budget. In this case, the Senate Majority Leader refuses to allow the budget to even come up for a vote. And the Senate adjourned today until after the election in November.

As for being a politician, thanks. I It is a complex job, needing civility, tact, and interpersonal skills. You also have to be fluent in polity and procedures, especially when conducting business meetings. All of these things to translate well into the realm of politics.

One of my mentors growing up was MLA Dale Lovick, a member of the NDP from Nanaimo.

#532 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

Cannot reason with the facts... you do know that tax bills have to orginate in the House.

Oh I can reason just fine. I wonder if you're able to do, what's the word Clinton used? Ah yes, arithmetic, in putting two and two together in order to understand why Reid would allow the House Budget to be introduced?

You are aware that Republicans don't have 'clean hands' either yes?

#533 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

As for being a politician, thanks. I It is a complex job, needing civility, tact, and interpersonal skills. You also have to be fluent in polity and procedures, especially when conducting business meetings. All of these things to translate well into the realm of politics

You can have those things sure, but you certainly don't need them. How else do you explain the existence of the Sarah Palins and Allen Wests of the world?

#534 KoreanHockeyFan

KoreanHockeyFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,554 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

Words of wisdom. Come back President Clinton.

#535 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

F them both, they're both puppets playing for the same team..over-throw this BS government..my vote goes to Jesse Ventura.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#536 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

F them both, they're both puppets playing for the same team..over-throw this BS government..my vote goes to Jesse Ventura.

Yup .. Jesse will get all them trains running on time .. :picard:

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#537 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

You can have those things sure, but you certainly don't need them. How else do you explain the existence of the Sarah Palins and Allen Wests of the world?

Both have large personalities. Palin rose up the ranks from being Wasila's mayor, ran for Liuetenant Governor, Governor, and then VP appointment. Colonel West, an African American member of the House of Representatives served in the military for twenty years before entering politics.

#538 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

Both have large personalities. Palin rose up the ranks from being Wasila's mayor, ran for Liuetenant Governor, Governor, and then VP appointment. Colonel West, an African American member of the House of Representatives served in the military for twenty years before entering politics.

West is a self-serving maggot .. Palin is coo-coo for cocoa puffs .. those are two folks who should be banished from the gene pool ..

#539 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Oh I can reason just fine. I wonder if you're able to do, what's the word Clinton used? Ah yes, arithmetic, in putting two and two together in order to understand why Reid would allow the House Budget to be introduced?

You are aware that Republicans don't have 'clean hands' either yes?

All politicans are good at bloviating. It is a necessary survival instrument, and President Clinton was a master at it.

As for Harry Reid, he has failed to have a budget pass in the Senate for three years--three years ago he had a Democrat super majority in the Senate and Nancy Pelosi had a super majority in the House and he could not get a budget passed.

As for the Republicans in the House having dirty hands, that is why a lot of them were thrown out by the Tea Party movement in 2010.

#540 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

West is a self-serving maggot .. Palin is coo-coo for cocoa puffs .. those are two folks who should be banished from the gene pool ..

That is your opinion. You do not know these people personally. They both like to speak their minds, and some people do not like candid people.

As for West, he was a soldier's soldier. Anyone who has a career in the Army deserves respect. Promotions in the officer's ranks are not handed out like candy or because of affirmative action, and rising up to the position of battalion commander in the 4th ID is an awesome acheivement.

Did you know Palin was third runner up to Ms Alaska?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.