Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

• Please log in to reply
2022 replies to this topic

Poll: Obama vs Romney (329 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you vote for?

1. Obama (279 votes [85.32%])

Percentage of vote: 85.32%

2. Romney (48 votes [14.68%])

Percentage of vote: 14.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#691 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

It's easy enough to win a debate when you're prepared to say literally anything, no matter how dishonest it is. I think Obama was ready to attack Mitt on many of his positions, only to find that Romney had replaced them all with brand new (BS) ones overnight. Obama better be more prepared next time, Romney will literally say anything to win.

Edited by Columbo, 05 October 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#692 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

GE’s Jack Welch Knows About Cooking the Books

Posted ImagePosted Image
By Barry Ritholtz - October 5th, 2012, 12:15PM

Posted Image

Of all the people who have something to say about the BLS, none is more unintentionally ironic than former GE CEO Jack Welch.
I have long stated that Jack welch was one of the luckier, more wildly over-compensated CEOs around. He became CEO of General Electric in 1981, just before an 18 year bull market in big cap stocks began. he left in 2001, just as the market implosion was getting rolling.
GE’s revenues grew 385% under his watch, but the company’s market cap grew 4000%. How did that happen? GE increased earnings over the years, and with stunning regularity, managed a quarterly profit beat.
Indeed, it was too regular: After the 2000 crash, we learned of earnings manipulation and accounting shenanigans. The criticism was GE Capital acted as an opaque leveraged hedge fund that always be counted on to help GE beat by a penny. (GE eventually had to settle accounting fraud chargeswith the SEC).
So if anyone knows a thing or two about cooking the books, its GE’s Jack Welch. Want even more proof? Have a look at this chart of Welch’s earnings versus his successor, Jeff Immelt:

Posted Image
Hat tip Tom Brakke

That was a nice smooth line under Jack — the sort of line the folks who prepare China’s GDP data aspire to

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 05 October 2012 - 03:01 PM.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#693 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

neither

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#694 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,823 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

lmao

My dog is on the roof....

Edited by Jaimito, 11 October 2012 - 05:06 PM.

Posted Image

#695 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#696 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

I love the Romney "lied" claims on here.

I agree that it seems like Romney lied when the only thing most people have ever heard about him has come from the Obama campaign or its affiliated PACs. But just because Romney does not fit into Obama's typecast and negative ads, does not mean Romney is a liar; it is a poor argument to make.

A counter argument could be made that Obama was lying about Romney. And after Romney's showing at the debate, some people may make this assessment.

#697 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

I agree that it seems like Romney lied when the only thing most people have ever heard about him has come from the Obama campaign or its affiliated PACs. But just because Romney does not fit into Obama's typecast and negative ads, does not mean Romney is a liar; it is a poor argument to make.

A counter argument could be made that Obama was lying about Romney. And after Romney's showing at the debate, some people may make this assessment.

The First Debate: Mitt Romney's Five Biggest Lies
The truth behind that $5 trillion tax cut, pre-existing conditions and more

Mitt Romney turned in a polished performance in last night's presidential debate – and revealed himself to be an accomplished and unapologetic liar. In an evening where he sought to slice and dice the president with statistics, Romney baldly misrepresented his own policy prescriptions, made up numbers to fit his attacks and buried clear contrasts with the president under a heaping pile of horsecrap.

Here are mendacious Mitt's five most outrageous statements:

1. "I don't have a $5 trillion tax cut." Romney flatly lied about the cost of his proposal to cut income-tax rates across the board by another 20 percent (undercutting even the low rates of the Bush tax cuts). Independent economists at the Tax Policy Center have shown that the price tag for those cuts is $360 billion in the first year, a cost that extrapolates to $5 trillion over a decade.

2. "I will not reduce the taxes paid by high-income Americans." Romney has claimed that he will pay for his tax cuts by closing a variety of loopholes and deductions. The factual problem? Romney hasn't named a single loophole he's willing to close; worse, there's no way to offset $5 trillion in tax cuts even if you get rid of the entire universe of deductions for the wealthy that Romney has not put off the table (like the carried interest loophole or the 15 percent capital gains rate.) The Tax Policy Center report concludes that Romney's proposal would create a "net tax cut for high-income tax payers and a net tax increase for lower- and or middle-income taxpayers." Moreover, some of Romney's tax cuts are micro-targeted at American dynasties, particularly his proposal to eliminate the estate tax, which would reduce his own sons' tax burden by tens of millions of dollars.

3. "We've got 23 million people out of work or [who have] stopped looking for work in this country." Romney is lying for effect. The nation's crisis of joblessness is bad, but not 23 million bad. The official figure is 12.5 million unemployed. An additional 2.6 million Americans have stopped looking for jobs. How does Romney gin up his eye-popping 23 million figure? He counts more than 8 million wage earners who hold part-time jobs as also being "out of work."

4. Obamacare "puts in place an unelected board that's going to tell people ultimately what kind of treatments they can have." Romney is reviving Sarah Palin's old death panels lie here. Obamacare does establish an Independent Payment Advisory Board to help constrain the growth of Medicare spending. The body has no authority to dictate the practices of the private insurance marketplace. And the law also makes explicit that this body is banned from rationing care or limiting medical benefits to seniors.

5. "Pre-existing conditions are covered under my plan." In the biggest whopper of the night, Romney suggested that his health care proposal would guarantee coverage to Americans with pre-existing conditions. This is just not true. Under Romney, if you have a pre-existing condition and have been unable to obtain insurance coverage or if you have had to drop coverage for more than 90 days because you lost your job or couldn't afford the premiums, you would be crap out of luck. Insurance companies could continue to discriminate and deny you coverage, as even Romney's top adviser conceded after the debate was over.

http://www.rollingst...t-lies-20121004

You were saying?

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#698 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Show me a politician who does not lie?? .. just one .. even "Jebus" fibbed .. Romney lies so much that he invariably doubles back on himself, and appears to be telling the truth occasionally .. even Mitt canna tell when he's being truthful .. just what the free world needs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..... :lol:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#699 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Here is one TL

Posted Image

Nick rules , he talks no sh!t , and takes no Sh!t !

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 06 October 2012 - 03:06 PM.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#700 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Barack Obama's campaign rakes in $US181m ($176m) in Sept
  • October 07, 2012 4:24AMPosted Image
    US President Barack Obama leaves after a campaign event at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia. His campaign has raised $US181 million in September. Source: AFP

US President Barack Obama has raised $US181 million ($177.53 million) in September, his campaign says, in a huge boost for his re-election bid following a limp debate performance against White House rival Mitt Romney.
    The haul was the biggest monthly cash take by Mr Obama of the 2012 race, and was revealed just a day after supporters disappointed by the debate got another fillip with news that the US unemployment rate dipped below eight per cent.
    It means Mr Obama will have ample money to splash on an advertising blitz in the countdown to the election, exactly a month away on November 6, and with 1.8 million donors in the month is an impressive display of grass roots muscle.
    Republican nominee Mr Romney has yet to reveal his monthly fundraising figures for September, but early predictions that he would outspend Obama by a distance appear to have been unfounded.
    Mr Romney, however, does have the support of an array of SuperPAC independent fundraising committees financed by rich donors and corporations, that can spend unlimited sums to attack Mr Obama and outnumber similar Democratic organisations.

Mr Obama's campaign manager, Jim Messina, alerted supporters to the fundraising coup for the re-election effort and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) in an email.
    "I have some huge news, and I want you to be the first to hear about it," Mr Messina said.
    "We not only surpassed 10 million donations so far in 2012 to the campaign and the Democratic Party - a historic record for grassroots politics.
    "We also raised $US181 million in September from 1.8 million Americans - more than 567,000 of whom gave for the first time. That's by far our biggest month yet."
    Mr Messina said the average donation was $US53 and 98 per cent of contributions amounted to $US250 or less and also boasted that the Obama political machine was in full swing ahead of the election.
    The September figure was just short of the $US193 million piled up by Mr Obama and the DNC in the equivalent month of the 2008 election campaign.
    He said the campaign opened its 100th field offices in both Ohio and Florida last month and last week registered 10,000 voters in Florida in a single day.
    In early voting in Iowa, Messina said that 105,000 people had already cast ballots, 62 per cent of whom were Democrats.
    The release of the fundraising figure came on the second successive morning of good news for the Obama campaign after the president was comprehensively outfoxed by Romney on Thursday in the first of three head-to-head debates.
    On Friday, new Labour Department data showed that the unemployment rate had dropped to 7.8 per cent, the lowest level since the president walked into the Oval Office in January 2009.
    Mr Obama seized on the news to rebut Romney's criticisms of his economic strategy and warned that after having come so far, America could not afford to go back to Republican economic policies that had triggered a crisis.
    But in his weekly radio address on Saturday, Obama acknowledged that too many Americans were "still looking for work or struggling to pay the bills" and urged congress to act to alleviate their plight.
    He said legislators needed to extend tax cuts adopted under former president George W. Bush for the overwhelming majority of working American. The tax cuts are due to expire at the end of the year.
    Mr Romney, banking on a turnaround in the polls after the debate in Denver, claimed on Friday that the Mr Obama economy was not in a "real recovery".
    "If not for all the people who have simply dropped out of the labour force, the real unemployment rate would be closer to 11 per cent," the Republican challenger said as he stumped for votes in the battleground state of Virginia.
    Mr Romney was in another vital state Florida, practising for the next debate showdown with Mr Obama on October 16.
    Mr Obama was off the trail, but he will head out on a campaign and fundraising swing through California today.
    Poll watchers were meanwhile keeping an eye on new opinion surveys to gauge if Mr Romney had cut into the narrow lead held by Obama in the national race and in key battleground states.
    The full impact of the debate and the jobs figures are not likely to be felt in surveys until the middle of next week, though there was signs in some early polls that Mr Romney had made headway in Virginia.
    The two campaigns meanwhile took their latest hits at one another in new advertising, with the Mr Obama team accusing Mr Romney of being "dishonest" in the Denver debate on his true taxation plans.
    Mr Romney's punch meanwhile featured a woman called Melanie McNamara who said she voted for Mr Obama in 2008 but was now going Republican because she believed the former Massachusetts governor was the best bet to restore prosperity.

This is what really jerks my string , the amount of money that is wasted on the election process , those families who are suffering food shortage's will take great comfort from the political advertisements that they are getting pounded with .

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 06 October 2012 - 03:58 PM.

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#701 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Romney is a p*ssy. He wants to cut a trillion dollars off the deficit but when asked what specifically he'd cut all he can say is the 500m/year PBS and Big Bird. You want to be a big man and make the tough cuts? Tell us what they are then, buddy.

#702 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

!votekick Romney

EDIT: I suppose I should turn this into an actual post, so what are your thoughts on this quote: "Needless to say, the trends that please me are called un-American by some; but you will recognize them as classically American. The question is whether or not our beautiful libertarian, pluralist, and populist experiment is viable in modern conditions." - Paul Goodman

Edited by Ossi Vaanenen, 08 October 2012 - 09:00 PM.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#703 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

http://www.people-pr...es-obamas-lead/

http://www.breitbart...ng-Obama-Indies

Can Romney actually win this thing??
Posted Image
Posted Image

#704 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,007 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

She's voting for Romney :picard:

Edited by Armada, 08 October 2012 - 06:40 PM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#705 woot

woot

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Don't forget, Obama's no stranger to stretching the economic truth - remember this?
http://online.wsj.co...2883636060.html

Federal budgets are by definition political documents, but even by that standard yesterday's White House proposal for fiscal year 2013 is a brilliant bit of misdirection. With the abracadabra of a tax increase on the wealthy and defense spending cuts that will never materialize, the White House asserts that in President Obama's second term revenues will soar, outlays will fall, and $1.3 trillion annual deficits will be cut in half like the lady in the box on stage.
All voters need to do is suspend disbelief for another nine months. And ignore the first four years.
The real news in Mr. Obama's budget proposal is the story of those four years, and what a tale they tell.
• Four years of spending of more than 24% of GDP, the four highest spending years since 1946. In the current fiscal year of 2012, despite talk of austerity, Mr. Obama predicts spending will increase by $193 billion to $3.8 trillion, or 24.3% of GDP. The top chart shows the unprecedented four-year blowout.
• Another deficit of $1.327 trillion in 2012, also an increase from 2011, and making four years in a row above $1.29 trillion. The last time that happened? Never.
• Revenues at historic lows because of the mediocre recovery and temporary tax cuts that are deadweight revenue losses because they do so little for economic growth. The White House budget office estimates that for the fourth year in a row revenues won't reach 16% of GDP. The last time they were below 16% for any year was 1950.
• All of this has added as astonishing $5 trillion in debt in a single Presidential term. National debt held by the public—the kind you have to pay back—will hit 74.2% this year and keep rising to 77.4% next year. The bottom chart shows the trend.
Economists believe that when debt to GDP reaches 90% or so, the economic damage begins to rise. And this doesn't include the debt that future taxpayers owe current and future retirees through the IOUs in the Social Security "trust fund."
But, lo, says the White House, all of this will change in 2013 if Mr. Obama is re-elected. Next year, revenues will suddenly leap to 17.8% of GDP thanks to tax increases on the wealthy, which we are supposed to believe will have little impact on growth.

Enlarge ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Meanwhile, spending will fall by one percentage point of GDP to 23.3%, thanks to the automatic cuts in last year's debt-ceiling bill. But more than half of those are scheduled to come out of defense, which even Mr. Obama's Defense Secretary says are unacceptable. They will be renegotiated next year no matter who wins in November.
The cuts also include an estimated $1 trillion in savings in domestic discretionary programs that also won't happen, especially because Mr. Obama's budget proposes to add $350 billion to these programs. His budget also proposes no meaningful reforms in entitlements, which are the fastest growing part of the budget and will grow even faster once ObamaCare really kicks in.
The only thing that you can be certain will become law in this budget if Mr. Obama is re-elected is the monumental tax increase. His plan would raise tax rates across the board on anyone or any business owners making more than $200,000 for individuals and $250,000 for couples. These are the 3% of taxpayers that Mr. Obama says aren't paying their fair share, though that 3% pays more in income tax than the rest of the other 97%.
A central contradiction of this plan is that the White House predicts accelerating real GDP growth of 3% in 2013 and 4.1% by 2015 even as the economy is whacked by these tax increases. The President's plan would also cancel the investment tax rate reductions that have been in place since 2003, impose a new investment income tax hike of 3.8%, and introduce the new "Buffett rule" on the rich.
Tax rates will rise as follows: capital gains to 30% from 15% today; dividends to 30% from 15%; the estate tax to 45% from 35%, and don't forget the end to the temporary payroll tax cut that Mr. Obama is making such an issue of now. He only wants it to last for another 10 months.

Posted ImageAssociated Press
Copies of President Obama's fiscal 2013 federal budget arrive at the House Budget Committee.
And there will be more. Yesterday, Mr. Obama's chief economic adviser, Gene Sperling, reported that the President wants a new "global minimum tax." Mr. Sperling said the new tax is necessary "so that people have the assurance that nobody is escaping doing their fair share as part of a race to the bottom or having our tax code actually subsidize and facilitate people moving their funds to tax havens." He didn't offer specifics but said the White House will be saying more, "perhaps not in gory detail, but in more detail," by the end of the month.
You would think amid all of its other tax increases that the White House wouldn't need another. But its problem is that other countries rudely compete for capital by keeping their tax rates low, so Mr. Obama wants to punish Americans who dare to take that advantage rather than cut the U.S. rate to 25% to make America more competitive.
Despite its tax increases, the White House still predicts that the annual budget deficit will be $901 billion in 2013 and never fall below $575 billion in any of the next 10 years. Democrats denounced George W. Bush for allowing so much red ink, but his deficits averaged only 3.5% of GDP if you don't count 2001 but do include the 10.1% of 2009. Mr. Obama's deficits have averaged 9.1% of GDP if you count 2009, as you should because his $800 billion stimulus passed that February.
The political reality of budgeting is that voters should only believe what they can see, which is what politicians are proposing now. Promises of future spending cuts are a mirage. Mr. Obama needs to point to the mirage because his fiscal record is the worst in modern American history.

#706 Trelane42

Trelane42

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

http://www.people-pr...es-obamas-lead/

http://www.breitbart...ng-Obama-Indies

Can Romney actually win this thing??

Yes.

I've said my peace about the undesirability of either corporate spokesman, but all these polls need to be read with caution.

The media is for the most part leftist and completely out of touch with what they call "fly over country". The old joke about a newspaper man not knowing anybody who voted for Nixon is more pertinent than ever. Republican voters, however deluded, are still on average more intelligent and dependable than the rabble that the openly communist party, with its media and entertainment pushers, struggle to herd into voting booths. Also, it being not as "cool", a Romney voter is less likely to admit to being one to a pollster.

Bottom line, if most quasi-dependable polls claim less than 3% lead for Obama the night before, a Romney victory is a distinct possibility. Again, I'm indifferent to which corporate shill takes it, but I'd hate to see a sizable CDC contingent cry on account of not being forewarned.

Edited by Trelane42, 08 October 2012 - 09:56 PM.

#707 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

:lol:

Oh Mitt...

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#708 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,409 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

Yes.

I've said my peace about the undesirability of either corporate spokesman, but all these polls need to be read with caution.

The media is for the most part leftist and completely out of touch with what they call "fly over country". The old joke about a newspaper man not knowing anybody who voted for Nixon is more pertinent than ever. Republican voters, however deluded, are still on average more intelligent and dependable than the rabble that the openly communist party, with its media and entertainment pushers, struggle to herd into voting booths. Also, it being not as "cool", a Romney voter is less likely to admit to being one to a pollster.

Bottom line, if most quasi-dependable polls claim less than 3% lead for Obama the night before, a Romney victory is a distinct possibility. Again, I'm indifferent to which corporate shill takes it, but I'd hate to see a sizable CDC contingent cry on account of not being forewarned.

Pretty hard to take you seriously when you call the Dems "communists". At least most GOP supporters stop at "socialists"...which is slightly less inaccurate....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#709 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Yes.

REALLY

So it is more intelligent to vote for a person who preached/believes, that the angel MORONi told joseph smith that jesus came to america , and cursed the indians and turned them red ,and the BS just keeps on flowing from there .
That requires a real intelligence :lol:

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#710 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,823 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Posted Image

#711 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

REALLY

So it is more intelligent to vote for a person who preached/believes, that the angel MORONi told joseph smith that jesus came to america , and cursed the indians and turned them red ,and the BS just keeps on flowing from there .
That requires a real intelligence :lol:

Brainwashed people aren't necessarily less intelligent people.

As Hitchens said "Religious people aren't crazy, they just believe crazy things."
Posted Image
Posted Image

#712 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

Did you guys know Big Bird and the Sesame St brand filed a net worth of 330 million bucks last year with the IRS ?

They kinda dont need any more public financing to survive . In fact, they could easily go to ABC or NBC or 50 cable channels with their name recognition and make a whole pile of money.

As for PBS, it was given 140 million from the government , and over 2 BILLION from private donors last year. So even as a whole, they just dont need the taxpayer dollars.

How many teachers could that hire?
Posted Image

#713 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,007 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

http://youtu.be/bZxs09eV-Vc

I was gonna post that. Awesome attack ad, always good to see politicians with a sense of humor. My favorite line is : "Its not Wall street you have to worry about but Sesame Street" :lol:

Pretty silly on Mitt wants to cut PBS budget which is less than 1%. of the budget itself.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#714 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

another Obama Fail... Using Big Bird in an Attack ad without permission and PBS is a non partisan org.... how low can we go liberals?

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

#715 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

I was gonna post that. Awesome attack ad, always good to see politicians with a sense of humor. My favorite line is : "Its not Wall street you have to worry about but Sesame Street" :lol:

Pretty silly on Mitt wants to cut PBS budget which is less than 1%. of the budget itself.

.08%

This is what happens when Mitt is forced to answer on the specifics of the plan he claims to have, he calls for ending pbs and it's marginal component of the budget. So much for creating jobs, when he wants to kill PBS and all the educators they employ. I can't wait till he is again forced to talk about the specifics of somehow reviving the American economy without taxing the rich or borrowing money. God I hope American populism can do something right for a change and keep Obama in office.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#716 AK_19

AK_19

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

Show me a politician who does not lie?? .. just one .. even "Jebus" fibbed .. Romney lies so much that he invariably doubles back on himself, and appears to be telling the truth occasionally .. even Mitt canna tell when he's being truthful .. just what the free world needs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..... :lol:

Ron Paul? Not that I'd vote for the guy but I can't deny he is very consistent.

#717 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

Ok. You guys know that there is no 'Big Bird' right? Its a guy dressed up in a bird suit. Hes not actually a 'bird' .
Posted Image

#718 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Ok. You guys know that there is no 'Big Bird' right? Its a guy dressed up in a bird suit. Hes not actually a 'bird' .

Nah, it's totally a 6 ft+ real bird that talks. And the reason I know he's a real bird that can talk, is because he's on teevee. Any bird that could talk like that naturally would be. Case closed. You can take your 'man in a bird suit' propaganda elsewhere.

#719 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

Nah, it's totally a 6 ft+ real bird that talks. And the reason I know he's a real bird that can talk, is because he's on teevee. Any bird that could talk like that naturally would be. Case closed. You can take your 'man in a bird suit' propaganda elsewhere.

And no where does Big Bird condemn Burt and Ernie's lifestyle.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#720 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

The A & W Root-bear is waiting in the woods for you, Drybone .. I can hear him humming to himself "dem bones, dem bones, dem Drybones" ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.