Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

• Please log in to reply
2022 replies to this topic

Poll: Obama vs Romney (329 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you vote for?

1. Obama (279 votes [85.32%])

Percentage of vote: 85.32%

2. Romney (48 votes [14.68%])

Percentage of vote: 14.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#751 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,405 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Now THAT'S the kind of rambling incoherency that i'm hoping Joe brings tonight.

GET OFF MY GOD DAMN LAWN
Posted Image
Posted Image

#752 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

GET OFF MY GOD DAMN LAWN

Uh, there's no one in that chair Mr. Eastwood.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#753 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

This is the Joe Biden that I hope metaphorically shows up to debate tonight, with his mean drunk on.

Posted Image

Edited by Sharpshooter, 11 October 2012 - 10:15 AM.

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#754 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Actually you know what, Obama should campaign on Mickey Mouse. It would be more fitting I think. Perhaps he could connect with even more voters, more akin to yourself. But judging by recent polls it looks like he might be onto something with Big Bird here. :lol:

Actually, it was your boy Mitt who was campaigning on the cartoon characters, not Obama. But hey, if you think Mickey is apropos for Barrack, I guess that leaves Goofy for you know who...

BTW: I love it when people use the "lol" emoticon, as if they actually said something funny.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#755 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

So maybe his rational is to make 4th graders dumber by cancelling their TV shows? Also, isn't firing these people losing jobs for Americans? I thought he was all pro-job creation and such... Guess what Romney, once you fire all these people, they are going to become the 47% unemployed moochers you hate so much. So now guess what, you still gotta borrow money from the Chinese to pay for them, except now you have less jobs. Good job Rom.

I think Sesame Street can survive on its own.

http://www.newsmax.c.../459121"Despite scare headlines, (such as HuffPo's "Mitt Romney's Big Bird Attack Threatens Thousands of U.S. Jobs") this avian is no endangered species.

Sesame Workshop boasts its $356-million value even after it paid $180-million in 2000 to buy-out the rights to the Muppets from the late Jim Henson.

Sesame Workshop has a liquid cushion of over $130-million in cash and securities, while other parts of the current worth are labeled "intangible" assets. Royalty receipts alone generate $47 million a year, thanks to annual sales of $515 million in Sesame Street branded products, according to Forbes."

More proof that America needs to get rid of "corporate" wealthfare. I am tired of seeing successful companies wilfully take taxpayers money. They do not need it, and they should pay back every cent.

#756 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

Actually, it was your boy Mitt who was campaigning on the cartoon characters, not Obama. But hey, if you think Mickey is apropos for Barrack, I guess that leaves Goofy for you know who...

BTW: I love it when people use the "lol" emoticon, as if they actually said something funny.

Unless you are talking about Vice President Joe Biden, the problem with your analogy is the Mickey and Goofy are friends.

Edited by jmfaminoff, 11 October 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#757 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

Unless you are talking about Vice President Joe Biden, the problem with your analogy is the Mickey and Goofy are friends.

You're absolutely right. Truth is, Mitt is much closer to Uncle Scrooge...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#758 ALTtimegreat

ALTtimegreat

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

Biden is gonna whoop Ryan's candy ass all over that podium tonight if you smelllllllllll what baRack is cookin!!

#759 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

You're absolutely right. Truth is, Mitt is much closer to Uncle Scrooge...

And what is wrong with being frugal? Don't forget, Scrooge had a change of heart and became very generous with his money.

Last year, Romney gave $4,020,772 out of the $13,696,951 he earned last year to charity.

"Obama and first lady Michelle Obama gave 21.8 percent of their income to charitable organizations last year, donating $172,130 out of the $789,674 they made.
Biden and his wife, Jill, gave 1.5 percent of their income away in 2011, with charitable donations totaling $5,540 out of $379,035."

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz291IYZbuQ

#760 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

Biden is gonna whoop Ryan's candy ass all over that podium tonight if you smelllllllllll what baRack is cookin!!

Barack probably does not cook very often, and his wife is a health food fanatic.

#761 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Last year, Romney gave $4,020,772 out of the $13,696,951 he earned last year to charity.

And I wonder how much of that was written off...

...sure is nice to be part of the 1%...

#762 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

Tax deductions are granted for charitable contributions. Everyone who pays taxes may be able to deduct their charitable giving.

I am a pastor. A lot of people in my church are not rich, but they practice tithing and freewill giving. Giving more than ten percent of your income to charity is a lifestyle. It is about stewardship and giving back. Because it is a lifestlye of generousity, the more money they make the more they give. It is just what they do.

For me, the difference between Romney and Obama is that Romney believes in being generous with his own money. Romney gives to charity whereas Obama wants to take it for government social programs.

Edited by jmfaminoff, 11 October 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#763 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Tax deductions are granted for charitable contributions.  Everyone who pays taxes may be able to deduct their charitable giving.

I am a pastor.  A lot of people in my church are not rich, but they practice tithing and freewill giving.  Giving more than ten percent of your income to charity is a lifestyle. It is about stewardship and giving back.  Because it is a lifestlye of generousity, the more money they make the more they give.  It is just what they do.

For me, the difference between Romney and Obama is that Romney believes in being generous with his own money.  Romney gives to charity whereas Obama wants to take it for government social programs.

The difference between me and you, is that I don't see social programs as "charity"...Besides, it's easy to look magnanimous when you can give away 4 million dollars and still have 10 million left. The people in your church are far more generous that Mitt is.

#764 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

Tax deductions are granted for charitable contributions. Everyone who pays taxes may be able to deduct their charitable giving.

I am a pastor. A lot of people in my church are not rich, but they practice tithing and freewill giving. Giving more than ten percent of your income to charity is a lifestyle. It is about stewardship and giving back. Because it is a lifestlye of generousity, the more money they make the more they give. It is just what they do.

For me, the difference between Romney and Obama is that Romney believes in being generous with his own money. Romney gives to charity whereas Obama wants to take it for government social programs.

Romney donates his money to the Mormon church. A church which has a fantastical white castle, believes in magic underwear and the subjugation of women. I don't think Romney charitable for giving to an organization in which he is involved with. That 4 million should absolutely be better used towards social programs especially in a time of recession.

I get that you're a pastor and the whole pregnant virgin and talking snake thing works for you, but for the rest of the population that is rational the money could be better used towards their well being.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#765 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

Romney donates his money to the Mormon church. A church which has a fantastical white castle, believes in magic underwear and the subjugation of women. I don't think Romney charitable for giving to an organization in which he is involved with. That 4 million should absolutely be better used towards social programs especially in a time of recession.

I get that you're a pastor and the whole pregnant virgin and talking snake thing works for you, but for the rest of the population that is rational the money could be better used towards their well being.

While you can antagonize the practice of faith, having the freedom to give your money as you see fit is a great example of free speech in this Constitutional Republic. America was not built on government social programs, but the simplicity of living in community that had faith, demonstrated hope, and practiced charity. And those rights, in the pursuit of hapiness, should not be abridged by anyone.

#766 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

While you can antagonize the practice of faith, having the freedom to give your money as you see fit is a great example of free speech in this Constitutional Republic. America was not built on government social programs, but the simplicity of living in community that had faith, demonstrated hope, and practiced charity. And those rights, in the pursuit of hapiness, should not be abridged by anyone.

I see you're once again trying to cross the bridge of faith and constitution, something in which the forefathers explicitly condemned. What I recall is that every American should be guaranteed life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Let's start with the first one, life, that in which requires food, and shelter. Needless to say there is countless social programs that deal with these basic necessities, and at one point your 'church' was an advocate for these programs. Liberty to you seems to be that which is challenged by taxes and limited by those requiring social programs. I'm guessing as well from your above statement thati pursuit of happiness should be limited to those with money.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#767 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,817 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

And I wonder how much of that was written off...

...sure is nice to be part of the 1%...

the amount he declared on the tax return is only the ones he reported. he has tons more money stashed away offshore. what he does is one thing, as offensive as it is. the principle that more money should be given to the top 1% at the expense of the middle class and/or debt is ridiculous.
Posted Image

#768 Dral

Dral

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

Everyone is saying Biden needs to come out swinging, but I hope he takes a different approach.

Ryan is a workaholic and has studied his arse off in preparation for this debate. He's expecting attacks. If Ryan says anything untruthful, I want Biden to just shrug and say "Look, we can only call them out so many times, I have 2 minutes, I'll let the fact checkers deal with him. This is where WE stand on the issue....". If Ryan doesn't say anything that can be fact checked, then it's just going to be rhetoric and I want Biden to say something like "Now you're just talking nonsense. Listen, this is the issue, and this is how WE will try to solve it."

I'm a bit worried Ryan is going to play Biden like a harp. Hopefully substance will win over appearance when America votes.

#769 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

the amount he declared on the tax return is only the ones he reported.  he has tons more money stashed away offshore.  what he does is one thing, as offensive as it is.  the principle that more money should be given to the top 1% at the expense of the middle class and/or debt is ridiculous.

It certainly is. And my guess is that he reported 100% of his charitable contributions. The money stashed offshore is not being reported.

I find it truly baffling how people can be sucked in by a guy who was born with the proverbial silver spoon in his mouth, makes literally millions of dollars off of other people's misfortune, openly admits that he's only in it for those who don't need his help and tells people that by making people like him even richer, the money will eventually trickle down to them...

...I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. After all this is the country who elected Dubya to a second term...

#770 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

the amount he declared on the tax return is only the ones he reported. he has tons more money stashed away offshore. what he does is one thing, as offensive as it is. the principle that more money should be given to the top 1% at the expense of the middle class and/or debt is ridiculous.

Ummm..... the 1% pays about 50% of the taxes.....

#771 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

So what are the MAIN points everyone has against Romney and Ryan as opposed to Obama and Biden? If you had to make a list...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#772 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,817 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

and they also own almost 50% of the country's wealth.
Posted Image

#773 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

Everyone is saying Biden needs to come out swinging, but I hope he takes a different approach.

Ryan is a workaholic and has studied his arse off in preparation for this debate. He's expecting attacks. If Ryan says anything untruthful, I want Biden to just shrug and say "Look, we can only call them out so many times, I have 2 minutes, I'll let the fact checkers deal with him. This is where WE stand on the issue....". If Ryan doesn't say anything that can be fact checked, then it's just going to be rhetoric and I want Biden to say something like "Now you're just talking nonsense. Listen, this is the issue, and this is how WE will try to solve it."

I'm a bit worried Ryan is going to play Biden like a harp. Hopefully substance will win over appearance when America votes.

Biden needs to come out swinging in order to pivot away from the tender-footed approach Obama took. Politics is a full contact sport. Either get in there and start swinging, or hang up the gloves.

Biden needs to literally take a page from Stewart's debate with O'Reilly and call "Bullsh*t", on Ryan's Budget and especially on the heaping serving of double scoop b.s. that Romney served up last debate.

Biden's a blue-collar scrapper that doesn't mind mucking it up old school Senate style. He'll twist a few daggers in with a folksy full tooth grin, and that's exactly what I think people want to see....especially the Dem base, and especially the ones that are out there volunteering and working their asses off to get these two re-elected.

It doesn't matter if Ryan is expecting the punches. Biden needs to throw the haymakers relentlessly, because he's armed with the facts that go contrary to almost everything the Romney/Ryan duo are heaping on the public by the shovel full.

#774 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

@SS Exactly this is a debate not a tea party.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#775 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

@SS Exactly this is a debate not a tea party.

Although Ryan is a teabagger, but that's a whole 'nother type of Tea Party.

#776 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,202 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

And if it was 60-70%, like it is in most 1st world countries, this would be worse for the country how? Don't give me that 'job creator' crap either. Sweden has jobs, progressive taxes and social programs.

That's an interesting take on the slave trade you have there.

Edited by theminister, 11 October 2012 - 05:04 PM.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#777 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

And if it was 60-70%, like it is in most 1st world countries, this would be worse for the country how? Don't give me that 'job creator' crap either. Sweden has jobs, progressive taxes and social programs.

That's an interesting take on the slave trade you have there.

Looks like the Thursday night 'session' is starting. Bottoms up TM and they don't make rebuttals any better than that.

#778 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,202 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Looks like the Thursday night 'session' is starting. Bottoms up TM and they don't make rebuttals any better than that.

I've got all night, yo.

The main problem with the constant comparing of tax burdens of different demographics is that they can either include or not include corporate gains, accumulated wealth and the quantity of super rich in any country. The USA has the most billionaires in the world. Their 1% doesn't compare to any other on the planet and that is who we are talking about here.

Tax the hell out of the super rich, curb inflation through a progressive central bank policy and reduce my tax burden by 1/3. I won't need any job creators.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#779 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

I've got all night, yo.

The main problem with the constant comparing of tax burdens of different demographics is that they can either include or not include corporate gains, accumulated wealth and the quantity of super rich in any country. The USA has the most billionaires in the world. Their 1% doesn't compare to any other on the planet and that is who we are talking about here.

Tax the hell out of the super rich, curb inflation through a progressive central bank policy and reduce my tax burden by 1/3. I won't need any job creators.

It's beyond me how some people buy the job creator myth, or to go back to the previous rebuttal you had, how they believe that their country was founded on some moral high ground. It wasn't. It was founded on kidnapping, slavery, human-trafficking, genocide, and theft, but I digress.

The real crime being perpetrated is the raping of social programs in order to buttress the nest eggs of the the true self-entitled class, is face-palm worthy a few times over.

The only other bigger lie than the lies the middle class are sold by the ultra-rich, is that by religion, and unfortunately those are aimed at average Joe and Jane Middle-Class as well. I'm not sure which is more disgusting tbh.

And i'm one and done with the wobbly pops....so either you have to catch up or i'm way behind. :lol:

Edited by Sharpshooter, 11 October 2012 - 05:28 PM.

#780 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,817 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Ryan getting schooled big time
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.