Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

• Please log in to reply
2022 replies to this topic

Poll: Obama vs Romney (329 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you vote for?

1. Obama (279 votes [85.32%])

Percentage of vote: 85.32%

2. Romney (48 votes [14.68%])

Percentage of vote: 14.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#871 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

It's interesting Obamacare is actually a better plan for residents of the US...however doctors don't like it because then they will be making less.

And let's face it who wants to go to school for 8+ years and then not make the amount of money they deserve.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#872 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

Posted Image

#873 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,168 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

It's interesting Obamacare is actually a better plan for residents of the US...however doctors don't like it because then they will be making less.

And let's face it who wants to go to school for 8+ years and then not make the amount of money they deserve.

I suppose it's a matter of what one believes is "deserved".

I know it's tough sledding for doctors right out of med school, but I think Canadian, French and British doctors do go on to make what most would consider good money...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#874 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

Posted Image

That cartoon is as funny as poor old Clint was .. sad when someone loses their faculties .. :sadno:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#875 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

it never was lost. Made in the USA. Only fools and racists think otherwise.

thanks jaimito, but i wanted towelpower12's take on the matter lol

#876 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

And you seem to have a sycophantic ignorance to actual reality.

Here we go sucking on the CBO teat again.. already proven substantial margins off on fiscal predictions vs. fiscal outcomes, but for some reason keeps citing them.. :lol:

I also like in the article how they sheepishly mention something I didn't know which was not only is the federal budget on the hook for Obamacare but even state budgets are:

Although the federal government would bear all of the initial cost of that expansion, many states would have to open their Medicaid programs to low-income childless adults for the first time.

Yeah, this is somehow miraculously going to save money. :lol:

Once weeding out the spin doctors and Obama sycophant disciples who can't help but cite unreliable CBO predictions like biblical scripture, the only guaranteed thing this is, is a fiscal liability, so Obama's medicare cuts are immediately offset until these encompassing miracle revenues later.. supposedly come to fruition.

Edited by zaibatsu, 16 October 2012 - 04:06 PM.

"When Jonah's agent called him and said Quentin Tarantino wanted to put him in a spaghetti western [Django Unchained], Jonah was like, 'You had me at spaghetti.'"

"Aziz has been charming audiences and snakes for years. And I guess you’re here tonight because now that Kanye had a real baby he doesn’t need you anymore."

-- Jeff Ross

#877 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

I suppose it's a matter of what one believes is "deserved".

I know it's tough sledding for doctors right out of med school, but I think Canadian, French and British doctors do go on to make what most would consider good money...

Yeah no doubt but I think doctors (for the most part) deserve the kind of money they make. It costs upwards of 100-200k dollars to get through medschool, you don't make much in residency, so basically you live pretty much in poverty for 8 years of your life doing nothing but studying and working every waking moment, lose time with the family and friends, all so you can help people.

So like I said maybe this doesn't apply to every doctor, but for the most part I would say they deserve what they make.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#878 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Here we go sucking on the CBO teat again.. already proven substantial margins off on fiscal predictions vs. fiscal outcomes, but for some reason keeps citing them.. :lol:

I also like in the article how they sheepishly mention something I didn't know which was not only is the federal budget on the hook for Obamacare but even state budgets are:

Yeah, this is somehow miraculously going to save money. :lol:

Once weeding out the spin doctors and Obama sycophant disciples who can't help but cite unreliable CBO predictions like biblical scripture, the only guaranteed thing this is, is a fiscal liability, so Obama's medicare cuts are immediately offset until these encompassing miracle revenues later.. supposedly come to fruition.

Riiight.

The CBO's numbers are only credible when it works for your argument, but not when it works against. You really got that Republican thing down pat.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#879 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Hoping Obama goes Ali on Romney's Liston tonight.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#880 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

Riiight.

The CBO's numbers are only credible when it works for your argument, but not when it works against. You really got that Republican thing down pat.

How many times have I cited the CBO, and under what circumstances? Doing a search of my own posts I see the same criticism of other posters posting about budget nonsense via the CBO, especially people (hilariously :lol:) posting past budgets from years past using CBO predictions rather than the enacted budget which is what actually got spent. Hint: CBO estimates are based on the President's submitted budget, so they are reflective of his budget wishes, not what really gets spent. If you knew how to interpret your sources rather than simply using Google and your two friends "cut" and "paste" the CBO wouldn't be so bad in other areas. Better luck next time.

Edited by zaibatsu, 16 October 2012 - 05:46 PM.

"When Jonah's agent called him and said Quentin Tarantino wanted to put him in a spaghetti western [Django Unchained], Jonah was like, 'You had me at spaghetti.'"

"Aziz has been charming audiences and snakes for years. And I guess you’re here tonight because now that Kanye had a real baby he doesn’t need you anymore."

-- Jeff Ross

#881 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

Let's see what Mitt Wrongmney can bring to the table tonight...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#882 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

Let's see what Mitt Wrongmney can bring to the table tonight...

he brought plenty the first time around. tonight's debate is a must win for Obama

#883 No5Butcher

No5Butcher

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

Seeing as the debate is tonight, I thought people might want to see all the details behind Mitt's tax reform plans:

http://www.romneytaxplan.com/

#884 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#885 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

kiss our pristine country goodbye if Romney gets in.

Say hello to every pipeline under the sun going into that country within 5 years.

The worst part is harper will bend over and take it.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#886 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,975 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Who's winning so far? I just tuned in.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#887 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

sadly I think Romney is. Obama just seems so awkward at debates.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#888 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,975 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

There was almost a brouhaha there.

I loved Obama's response when Romney asked "Have you looked at your pension". "Ya, its not as big as yours" :lol:
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#889 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,128 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

There was almost a brouhaha there.

I loved Obama's response when Romney asked "Have you looked at your pension". "Ya, its not as big as yours" :lol:

That was hilarious, haha!

307mg00.jpg

#890 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,128 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

Who's winning so far? I just tuned in.

Obama!

307mg00.jpg

#891 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,907 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

That fat chick seems like she's got a grudge against Obama.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#892 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Obama won.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#893 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,388 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

Can't wait for the sloppy journalism tomorrow trying to spin a political debate into a sports analogy for all the readers. Gotta divide the discourse even more!

Edited by GLASSJAW, 16 October 2012 - 07:51 PM.

rsz_mad_men.jpg

le temps restitué

#894 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Well Obama did much better tonight.

That said of course he did...did anyone watch the first debate?? :P

This one goes to the score cards:

Judge 1 scores the fight for Obama, Judge 2 for Romney, Judge 3 for Obama

Obama the winner.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#895 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

And that, Mitt, is why you should never be President .. you are a dolt who only repeats "rote" answers and is unable to think on his feet .. he reminds me of a schoolyard bully who just got his arse kicked .. HARD!!!

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#896 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Obama got destroyed in the first debate, he had to do better tonight and he did

#897 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Romney did a good job of highlighting his successes in Massachusetts. But he also came off as unlikeable, and I'm tired of hearing the same old lies and attacks. And he's terrible at actually answering questions.

Obama came out much stronger, glad to hear him calling out some of Romney's BS. He did a better job of outlining a plan for the next 4 years (Romney as usual fails to provide any details). Still, I'm worried that both men are basically one and the same...

But overall, I'd give the debate about 60/40 to Obama.

#898 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Obama did very well tonight, he saved the 47% comment for the final stab and you bet that sunk in. Romney demonstrated he's not equipped to respond to tough questions, once again he dodged the specifics of his "5 point plan".

Hated that fact checker at the end of the ABC feed. He got the "Act of terror" comment wrong and then went on to provide a larger % of domestic drilling than was quoted. It was just weird. The direct quote was: " No act of terror will ever shake this nation's resolve" I'm pretty sure anyone who finished high school can make the inference that he was speaking the events that occurred the day before.

Let me just say once again it is despicable for the Romney campaign to have made a political issue of the diplomat's death.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#899 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Obama got destroyed in the first debate, he had to do better tonight and he did

The third one could be a bloodbath .. :)

#900 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Romney: "My plan is to create JOBS. How am I going to do that? By creating JOBS. We're going to create 12 million JOBS. And that's how we plan to create JOBS."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.