Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

• Please log in to reply
2022 replies to this topic

Poll: Obama vs Romney (329 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you vote for?

1. Obama (279 votes [85.32%])

Percentage of vote: 85.32%

2. Romney (48 votes [14.68%])

Percentage of vote: 14.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#991 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

Obama makes more sense than Romney because Obama is better at speeches than Romney. The "likeability" factor easily explains that, and also describes erroneous thought process that places personality so far above competence, which is why these Presidents in turn appoint cabinet leaders who are friends (coincidentally, so many of them are also from ivy league schools and come from companies like Goldman Sachs) and not simply good at their job. They hire pro campaign managers and marketers, on the other hand, they've done a great job at making people rabidly defend politicians rather than hold their balls to a fire until they do their job effectively.

You also should expand your circle of friends/acquaintances, I have far too many friends who like both of these guys, and no one can give an adequate explanation as to why either are competent enough to be more than a liability upon civil rights, economic stability, and limited government.

The US economy has been tanking, and will tank all the way back to normalcy once the US government and Fed quit artificially keeping the economy afloat. They're destroying long term economy and monetary (aka political) influence for a few terms of impressing people nauseatingly satisfied with awful policies.

First of all, you don't need to be good at speeches to make sense. What I mean by making sense, I mean using logic to explain how your plan is going to work. Romney doesn't even know what his plans are or at least doesn't really explain them. Its all about that 5 point plan BS. Anyone who falls for Romney's BS must've gotten ripped off many times. I guess all my friends just don't fall for Romney's BS as easily as some of your friends do.

Secondly, the US economy and the world economy for that matter has been down the gutter because of what George Bush did. No president in the history of American presidents would've been able to "normalize" the American economy back to where it was when they were on the brink of having the worst recession since the great depression. What Bush did to the US economy, no president could undo, not even that car sales man, Romney. I see Obama as the lesser of two evils, he might not be perfect but he is better than Romney.

Here are some comedic gold from Romney:

“I went to a number of women's groups and said, 'can you help us find folks?' And they brought us whole binders full of women.” -- Mitt Romney

“20 or 25 birds were killed and they brought out a migratory bird act to go after them on a criminal basis.” -- Romney

“I was not the standard bearer.” -- Romney

. “I care about 100-percent of the American people.” -- Romney

Posted Image

#992 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

^
Care to actually explain what Bush Jr actually did to ruin the economy? Many people sprout that out as if it's fact, when in actuality it's a complex subject. To keep things nice and simple, the US has been in a false boom for almost the last 50 years. Even prior to W, there has been headlines about jobs lost overseas, the growing debt/deficit and trade imbalance. Everything just came to the forefront during Bush's term.

#993 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

^
Care to actually explain what Bush Jr actually did to ruin the economy? Many people sprout that out as if it's fact, when in actuality it's a complex subject. To keep things nice and simple, the US has been in a false boom for almost the last 50 years. Even prior to W, there has been headlines about jobs lost overseas, the growing debt/deficit and trade imbalance. Everything just came to the forefront during Bush's term.

I'm probably Pouria's biggest critic if only because he consistently has his own thumb up his ass but this time he is more or less right, just without the polish to properly convey a message.

Bush destroyed the economy by enabling a culture of deragulation. Following the glass-steagal repeal by Clinton in 99', Bush went on to create tax cuts for the wealthy, allow for the merger of commercial and investment banks, promote investment on notably risky propositions, allow for capital flight and investment in foregin bonds, Bernie Madoff went unchecked during this period, and most important he allowed for the housing bubble in which trillions were lost on the basis that housing value would return a material profit. The sole reason the economy has yet to recover or the debt has yet to be paid down stems from the Bush tax cuts, which enables loopholes that Romney exploits to only pay 14% of the 14 million he made last year.

The rich should be paying more, but instead of acknowledging this very basic principle to better the lives of the people that work for them; the rich (namely the Koch brothers) fund Tea Party initiatives, buy up Fox news, and ultimately force an American public to vote against their own interests.

To put it simply yes, Bush jr. is solely responsible for the decline in the American economy. It was not the culture of spending of the last 50 years as you claim, rather it was the deregulation of almost every fail-safe to enable the biggest catastrophe the world economy has seen since 1929.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#994 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

I'm probably Pouria's biggest critic if only because he consistently has his own thumb up his ass but this time he is more or less right, just without the polish to properly convey a message.

Bush destroyed the economy by enabling a culture of deragulation. Following the glass-steagal repeal by Clinton in 99', Bush went on to create tax cuts for the wealthy, allow for the merger of commercial and investment banks, promote investment on notably risky propositions, allow for capital flight and investment in foregin bonds, Bernie Madoff went unchecked during this period, and most important he allowed for the housing bubble in which trillions were lost on the basis that housing value would return a material profit. The sole reason the economy has yet to recover or the debt has yet to be paid down stems from the Bush tax cuts, which enables loopholes that Romney exploits to only pay 14% of the 14 million he made last year.

The rich should be paying more, but instead of acknowledging this very basic principle to better the lives of the people that work for them; the rich (namely the Koch brothers) fund Tea Party initiatives, buy up Fox news, and ultimately force an American public to vote against their own interests.

To put it simply yes, Bush jr. is solely responsible for the decline in the American economy. It was not the culture of spending of the last 50 years as you claim, rather it was the deregulation of almost every fail-safe to enable the biggest catastrophe the world economy has seen since 1929.

The culture of spending is why Americans allowed their politicians to take out credit card after credit card, even during the "good years" (from the end of Clinton's first term to the first or second year of his second term), to fund artificial economic growth, the same type of policy which is now being used perpetually to keep the economy afloat rather than let it normalise to save the American economy in the long term. To pin this on Bush alone is highly misguided, in his second term Clinton abandoned monetary policy that kept stable economic growth in the first term, dramatically lowered taxes especially for the rich, lowered capital gains, deregulated the housing and financial industries, increased the type of NAFTA trade and lowering tariffs that sparked offshoring of middle class jobs, lowered interest rates, and until his final year, increased spending. People only started paying attention once the phony growth stopped because the US was incurring so much debt under Bush, who lowered taxes even further than Clinton did, then went ahead and lowered interest rates further, increased spending, etc etc., then the economy was starting to tank even with so much government spending and intervention in attempt to avoid it which really woke people up, or so I thought. Then they elected Obama who, rather than steer things in another direction that pointed to a big economic hit and return to normal but would give long term viability to the economy, instead opted to continue these Bush policies of artificially keeping the economy afloat to abet the addicting government drug of spending, wrecking the dollar, and so on. People's incredibly short term memories would have them believe the politically convoluted and highly erroneous thought process a prominently liberal media propagandised which was that somehow Clinton was an economic stalwart, which was only to a very small degree during his first term and last fiscal year. I was also lucky to be in school and only beginning my business degree where both Clinton's policies were being highly scrutinised, then Bush became President.. once out of school and not doing research I saw how terrible the media is at conveying political and economic news, and how more and more convoluted the subject had become, with spin doctors across the entire spectrum of politics spreading disinformation rather than education.

#995 mrawfull

mrawfull

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

Uhhh...... No.

Now say it with me, nice and slowly. Are you ready? Co-mmu-nity Re-in-vest-ment A-ct. Ho-usi-ng bu-bb-le, Bi-ll Cl-int-on, 1995

Yay! *clap clap* Very good.

See, that wasn't so hard now was it?

Posted Image

#996 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,819 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

@ howardfineman : "We can't kill our way of this mess," says Mitt, what isn't what that he was suggesting in the primaries?
Posted Image

#997 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Me thinks tonight Mitt shows his true callow and shallow position on the world .. if you canna buy it, send in someone else's children to kill em .. what a tool ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#998 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,819 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Me thinks tonight Mitt shows his true callow and shallow position on the world .. if you canna buy it, send in someone else's children to kill em .. what a tool ..

def his strategy tonight is to be less like attack dog like he was last debate
Posted Image

#999 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

Mitt is just repeating every position Obama has in different words, and changing to avoid any confrontation it seems ..

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#1000 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

70% of Mitt's Foreign policy group are neo-con elements from George W's regime, including Senor and John Bolton .. they would rather invade Syria and nuke Iran than even talk about it .. if Mitt gets elected, you can expect "boots on the ground" again in the middle east within the first year ..

Edited by Tearloch7, 22 October 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#1001 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,990 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

Even Romney doesn't even know what he's talking about.

:lol: It was hilarious when they were voting who was winning this debate. 84% Obama to 12% Romney and the 3% undecided voters..

Edited by Armada, 22 October 2012 - 06:32 PM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#1002 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,819 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

oba is in mitts face every moment he gets. romney mainly playing D
Posted Image

#1003 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,819 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

lol!

oba owned mittens there. number of bayonets vs battleships....
Posted Image

#1004 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Romney knows as much about foreign affairs as Obama does about leverage buy-outs and hedge funds .. butt kicking ..

#1005 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Obama did twice:

"do you know what means Air Carrier? Itīs a ship where the planes CAN LAND ON IT. so you have a ship and also an airfield..."

and doing with the hands the "airplane" landing on a "ship"...
Shup up and fly! you´re not payed to think, you´re payed to fly!

#1006 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Posted Image

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#1007 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

It seems that Florida is going to decide who win the election?

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#1008 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,819 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

nice!

i didnt bring donors and lobbyists with me to isreal as a candidate
Posted Image

#1009 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Romney is horrible at foreign policy, he's tried to bring every question back to his economic policy, a policy which has a number of holes and by no means is a 'balanced budget'. I don't know why I give Americans so much credit, the fact that half of America would vote for this retard is a really scary proposal. On top of deflecting the questions he goes on to agree with Obama's policies, and then says he would have done them sooner.... wtf? Get some ideas Mitt, no one is fooled by your 5 step plan.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#1010 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Mitt looks around the world and see's an investment opportunity ..

#1011 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,819 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

It seems that Florida is going to decide who win the election?

no, it's ohio. is oba wins ohio romney needs a near complete sweep of all the other swing states

Edited by Jaimito, 22 October 2012 - 07:06 PM.

Posted Image

#1012 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Mitt has a one-step plan .. it is called "obfuscation" .. agreed Ossi . how any "right" thinking person could vote for this stuffed shirt escapes me .. perhaps an education IS to be cherished ..

#1013 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

I liked the early soundbite, "Mitt has foreign policy stuck in the 1980s, civil issues stuck in the 1950s, and economic policy stuck in the 1920s... "

It seems Mitt thinks he can win by just being louder...

2d7ye0p.jpg

#1014 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,819 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

mitt's foreign policy

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1015 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

from what I seeing Obama is way stronger in foreign policy than Ronnery and I think that is important for the voters...looks like Obama is more likely to win this because of his advantage over Ronnery

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#1016 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,819 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

mittens at times sound almost as bad as palin
Posted Image

#1017 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

I vote for Romney.

The US is worse because of Obama.

Edited by Saskatoon Boy, 22 October 2012 - 07:25 PM.

Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#1018 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

Only Mitt would whine about Barry "attacking" him because he spoke the truth .. since when is facing the truth considered being attacked? .. "and the truth shall set you free" ..

Edited by Tearloch7, 22 October 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#1019 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,819 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

I vote for Romney.

The US is worse because of Obama.

and perhaps in depression if mccain and palin were in.
Posted Image

#1020 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

I just love it when Mitt realizes he does not know what he is talking about .. he panics and then falls back on a muddle of talking points that have little, oft times nothing, to do with the topic .. he is NOT ready for Prime Time .. enough said by me .. for now .. maybe .. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.