Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

• Please log in to reply
2022 replies to this topic

Poll: Obama vs Romney (329 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you vote for?

1. Obama (279 votes [85.32%])

Percentage of vote: 85.32%

2. Romney (48 votes [14.68%])

Percentage of vote: 14.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1051 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

Posted Image

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#1052 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

^
Care to actually explain what Bush Jr actually did to ruin the economy? Many people sprout that out as if it's fact, when in actuality it's a complex subject. To keep things nice and simple, the US has been in a false boom for almost the last 50 years. Even prior to W, there has been headlines about jobs lost overseas, the growing debt/deficit and trade imbalance. Everything just came to the forefront during Bush's term.

Are you serious? Bush didn't cause the economic downturn? He wasn't responsible for spending a lot of money for war on Iraq and operations in Afghanistan?

Posted Image

#1053 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

I vote for Romney.

The US is worse because of Obama.

I vote for Romney just to see the downfall of the ol'mighty US of A.

Posted Image

#1054 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

This may be new but voting for the titanic to hit the iceberg means everyone around sinks too. Just so you know we are the band on the ship.
virtus junxit mors non separabit.

Hockey season must be back on, the crazies are coming out again....

#1055 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

Ron Paul wins by write-in vote :bigblush:

#1056 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,664 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

LP

#1057 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

Because I could not write in Ron Paul, I cast my vote for Romney today. Then again, here in Louisiana, Romney did not need it as much as Flordia or Ohio.

#1058 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,192 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

Are you serious? Bush didn't cause the economic downturn? He wasn't responsible for spending a lot of money for war on Iraq and operations in Afghanistan?

All Approved by congress and I don't think he borrowed money to pay for it. It added to the US debt but not the cause of the downturn. The economic problems were caused by bad mortgages for the most part which started under Clinton when he laxed laws for lenders causing the housing bubble and banks all around the world were vested in the US housing market. Then when all those low wage earners who were given $400,000 mortagages could'nt pay and now their house is worth $250,000 most defaulted. Banks ran out of money so no one could borrow the system crashed .Obama borrowed and spent more than all Presidents combined. the debt is what 16 trillion dollars?

Edited by Dittohead, 23 October 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#1059 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

All Approved by congress and I don't think he borrowed money to pay for it added to the US debt but not the cause of the downturn. The economic problems were caused by bad mortgages for the most part which started under Clinton when he laxed laws for lenders causing the housing bubble. Obama borrowed and spent more than all Presidents combined. the debt is what 16 trillion dollars?

Every President has their role to play when it comes to the budget. At least President Obama can say that he has not passed a budget in the last three years. Congress, on the other, has had to send a lot of continuing resolutions bills just to keep the government from shutting down.

#1060 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Ron Paul would rape both these guys in this debate...
Posted Image

#1061 infinitecarnage

infinitecarnage

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

was my comment deleted because i used profanity or because i talked trash about israel? i can understand if it's the foul language
Posted Image

#1062 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

Would love to see the viewership numbers for the debate last night vs game 7 of NLCS..............hell..........throw in Monday Night Football too :lol:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#1063 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 16,073 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

Might expedite the Civil War/Uprising.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1064 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,807 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

All Approved by congress and I don't think he borrowed money to pay for it. It added to the US debt but not the cause of the downturn. The economic problems were caused by bad mortgages for the most part which started under Clinton when he laxed laws for lenders causing the housing bubble and banks all around the world were vested in the US housing market. Then when all those low wage earners who were given $400,000 mortagages could'nt pay and now their house is worth $250,000 most defaulted. Banks ran out of money so no one could borrow the system crashed .Obama borrowed and spent more than all Presidents combined. the debt is what 16 trillion dollars?

Figure out the math before you make rash, inaccurate statements please ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#1065 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

Might expedite the Civil War/Uprising.

People said that about the Bush re-election, plus the reinstitution of SSS' draft.. that a civil war was a brewin'..

Then people said Obama being elected would cause or expedite a civil war and further emphasized this with gun sales and ownership increases..

Americans gave far too much power to government and are far too passive/apathetic/afraid of real change to even consider an uprising, never mind voting for someone other than D or R.

Edited by zaibatsu, 23 October 2012 - 12:50 PM.

#1066 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,311 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

Obama is an idiot. After WW3, the US will need all the horses and bayonets they can get their hands on.
Posted Image

#1067 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,807 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

"Rape"?? .. really?? .. buy a Thesaurus or use the on-line link, please .. that word is offensive ..

http://www.thesaurus.net/

Enjoy ..

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#1068 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,192 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

Figure out the math before you make rash, inaccurate statements please ..

http://cnsnews.com/n...linton-combined

Obama on Pace to Borrow $6.2T in One Term—More Than All Presidents from Washington Through Clinton Combined

#1069 canuck champs

canuck champs

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

Would love to see the viewership numbers for the debate last night vs game 7 of NLCS..............hell..........throw in Monday Night Football too :lol:

Presidential Debate (all networks): 59.2 million in the States
Game 7 of NLCS (FOX): 8.11 million in the States
Monday Night Football (ESPN): 10.664 million in the States
Posted Image

#1070 thedestroyerofworlds

thedestroyerofworlds

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Obama on Pace to Borrow $6.2T in One Term—More Than All Presidents from Washington Through Clinton Combined

How much of that debt was due to previous policies from W Bush???2 wars, initial bailout, his tax cuts.Yes, during Obama's term that much of debt was added on to the national debt, but when you factor in previous spending initiatives, and a congress/senate that can't agree on anything do you honestly believe that Obama could have spent less???

#1071 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Donald Trump to reveal ‘divorce papers of Michelle and Barack Obama’, claims respected financial pundit

Donald Trump is to claim that he has unearthed divorce papers of Michelle Obama and the President, according to a respected financial pundit with links to the tycoon.
It is alleged that the eccentric real estate mogul will claim that the documents show the First Lady and the President were at one point in their two decades of marriage seriously considering splitting up.
Trump set the hare running on Monday by claiming that he was set to make an announcement on Wednesday that would be ‘bordering on gigantic' and that it would ‘possibly’ change the Presidential race.

The billionaire told Fox & Friends that he had 'something very, very big concerning the president of the United States'. 'It's going to be very big. I know one thing- you will cover it in a very big fashion’.
Trump declined to elaborate, but today an investor who appears on the same business talk show as him claimed to have more details.
Douglas Kass, a Florida-based investor who appears on CNBC’s talkshow ‘Squawkbox’ where Trump is often a commentator, tweeted to his 48,000 followers: 'High above the Alps my Gnome has heard that Donald Trump will announce that he has unearthed divorce papers between the Prez and his wife.'

When asked about the Tweet, Trump spokeswoman Holly Lorenzo told MailOnline: ‘All we know is that he is going to announce it on his Twitter and Facebook accounts tomorrow. I don’t know what time it will be, that’s all I know.'

Interviews with both Kass and Trump appeared on the show’s website this morning.
Kass is an author, the founder and President of Seabreeze Partners Management and has also appeared in newspapers including the Wall St Journal and the New York Times.

The claims about divorce papers have previously been made in a book released earlier this year by author Ed Klein. The White House rubbished the allegations then and claimed Klein had a history of making things up.

Trump also has a questionable record when it comes to his own allegations, most notably being a leading ‘birther’, so-called because he believes Obama was born in Kenya and not Hawaii, thus disqualifying him from being President of the United States.

The host of The Apprentice even claimed to have sent investigators to Hawaii in his failed attempt to prove the theory.

Despite the support of the Tea Party the issue went away when the President released the long form of his birth certificate last year.

He said: 'Now, I know that he’s taken some flak lately, but no one is happier, no one is prouder to put this birth certificate matter to rest than the Donald. 'And that’s because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter - like, did we fake the moon landing? What really happened in Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?'

The two men have however remained very public enemies. Obama has branded Trump a ‘carnival barker’ and Trump in reply refers to the incumbent as ‘the worst president ever’ and even threatened to run against him.

He toured New Hampshire and said very clearly that he was seriously contemplating a shot at the presidency. Later he became something of a political touchstone for the various Republican candidates and eventually endorsed Mitt Romney.

In Klein’s book, called ‘The Amateur’, he claimed that Mrs Obama prepared the divorce papers to separate from the President in 2000 following his disastrous attempt to win a House seat in Chicago.
After he lost miserably the future First Lady was supposedly disgusted that her husband had put at risk their ‘stable and secure future’.

The book claims their marriage - in its eighth year at the time - was ‘on the rocks’ with Mr Obama so depressed some of his friends feared he was suicidal.
In the end Mr Obama ran for a Senate seat in Illinois and won it in, assuming office in 2005 and restoring her faith in him.

Among the other claims in Klein’s book are that Bill Clinton branded Mr Obama an ‘amateur’, which was denied by the former President.

The Obamas, who have two children, Malia, 14, and Sasha, 11, have now been married for 20 years and repeatedly share publicly their continued affections and love for each other.
MailOnline has received no response from Kass or the White House.

http://www.dailymail...ial-pundit.html

Edited by nuckin_futz, 23 October 2012 - 07:24 PM.

#1072 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

I know he would soo easily, too bad it won't happen.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

#1073 kyledude

kyledude

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,864 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

I don't think Ron Paul would rape anyone onstage, but he would most likely win debates against them. It's the reason he's not up there.

#1074 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

How much of that debt was due to previous policies from W Bush???2 wars, initial bailout, his tax cuts.Yes, during Obama's term that much of debt was added on to the national debt, but when you factor in previous spending initiatives, and a congress/senate that can't agree on anything do you honestly believe that Obama could have spent less???

All cultivating from the actions of George W Bush and all the other presidents from the last 50 years.

The crisis in the US isn't just a right vs left issue, nor it is a blame Bush/Obama/whoever problem either. It's a systemic issue that's plaguing the USA, and rearranging the deck chairs won't solve anything.

#1075 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

Donald Trump to reveal ‘divorce papers of Michelle and Barack Obama’, claims respected financial pundit

Donald Trump is to claim that he has unearthed divorce papers of Michelle Obama and the President, according to a respected financial pundit with links to the tycoon.
It is alleged that the eccentric real estate mogul will claim that the documents show the First Lady and the President were at one point in their two decades of marriage seriously considering splitting up.
Trump set the hare running on Monday by claiming that he was set to make an announcement on Wednesday that would be ‘bordering on gigantic' and that it would ‘possibly’ change the Presidential race.

The billionaire told Fox & Friends that he had 'something very, very big concerning the president of the United States'. 'It's going to be very big. I know one thing- you will cover it in a very big fashion’.
Trump declined to elaborate, but today an investor who appears on the same business talk show as him claimed to have more details.
Douglas Kass, a Florida-based investor who appears on CNBC’s talkshow ‘Squawkbox’ where Trump is often a commentator, tweeted to his 48,000 followers: 'High above the Alps my Gnome has heard that Donald Trump will announce that he has unearthed divorce papers between the Prez and his wife.'

When asked about the Tweet, Trump spokeswoman Holly Lorenzo told MailOnline: ‘All we know is that he is going to announce it on his Twitter and Facebook accounts tomorrow. I don’t know what time it will be, that’s all I know.'

Interviews with both Kass and Trump appeared on the show’s website this morning.
Kass is an author, the founder and President of Seabreeze Partners Management and has also appeared in newspapers including the Wall St Journal and the New York Times.

The claims about divorce papers have previously been made in a book released earlier this year by author Ed Klein. The White House rubbished the allegations then and claimed Klein had a history of making things up.

Trump also has a questionable record when it comes to his own allegations, most notably being a leading ‘birther’, so-called because he believes Obama was born in Kenya and not Hawaii, thus disqualifying him from being President of the United States.

The host of The Apprentice even claimed to have sent investigators to Hawaii in his failed attempt to prove the theory.

Despite the support of the Tea Party the issue went away when the President released the long form of his birth certificate last year.

He said: 'Now, I know that he’s taken some flak lately, but no one is happier, no one is prouder to put this birth certificate matter to rest than the Donald. 'And that’s because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter - like, did we fake the moon landing? What really happened in Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?'

The two men have however remained very public enemies. Obama has branded Trump a ‘carnival barker’ and Trump in reply refers to the incumbent as ‘the worst president ever’ and even threatened to run against him.

He toured New Hampshire and said very clearly that he was seriously contemplating a shot at the presidency. Later he became something of a political touchstone for the various Republican candidates and eventually endorsed Mitt Romney.

In Klein’s book, called ‘The Amateur’, he claimed that Mrs Obama prepared the divorce papers to separate from the President in 2000 following his disastrous attempt to win a House seat in Chicago.
After he lost miserably the future First Lady was supposedly disgusted that her husband had put at risk their ‘stable and secure future’.

The book claims their marriage - in its eighth year at the time - was ‘on the rocks’ with Mr Obama so depressed some of his friends feared he was suicidal.
In the end Mr Obama ran for a Senate seat in Illinois and won it in, assuming office in 2005 and restoring her faith in him.

Among the other claims in Klein’s book are that Bill Clinton branded Mr Obama an ‘amateur’, which was denied by the former President.

The Obamas, who have two children, Malia, 14, and Sasha, 11, have now been married for 20 years and repeatedly share publicly their continued affections and love for each other.
MailOnline has received no response from Kass or the White House.

http://www.dailymail...ial-pundit.html

Donald Trumps a straight scumbag, How many times has he been divorced? If this is his big 'surprise' he needs to go back to the drawing board.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#1076 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

Kinda funny that the link didn't include Bush.

I've long explained to Obama sycophants on this forum (who can't count) that Obama's debt for this term is Bush's two terms, so this guy has racked up the entire Bush presidency's two-term debt in one term.. anyways, it's obvious Obama supporters do not care about the debt or state of the economy, by far the most important issue for the US over the last 5 years now. I can only wonder how bad it's going to get for these lost citizens voting for people like Obama and Romney to finally get it that they're voting for the same s***.

#1077 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

Presidential Debate (all networks): 59.2 million in the States
Game 7 of NLCS (FOX): 8.11 million in the States
Monday Night Football (ESPN): 10.664 million in the States

:shock:

Well I guessed wrong!

I really didn't think Monday Night Football would beat NLCS game 7 ::D

(even though Football should always beat baseball B) )
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#1078 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 16,073 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Donald Trumps a straight scumbag, How many times has he been divorced? If this is his big 'surprise' he needs to go back to the drawing board.

Pretty much. And really who the @#$% cares? So the Obama's had a rough patch in their marriage (allegedly). They worked through it and are still together. Hell, even if they had separated, does that change anything?
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1079 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,807 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

There is a special place reserved for Donald Trump when he dies .. he is stuck living with his own memories .. what a total douche .. and a hero to the "Right" .. that says everything one needs to know about the Neo-con agenda .. power at any price .. I want to see a boycott started of Trumps business', including boycotting anyone who advertises on his "show" ..

#1080 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

"Rape"?? .. really?? .. buy a Thesaurus or use the on-line link, please .. that word is offensive ..

http://www.thesaurus.net/

Enjoy ..

Didn't mean to make you cry mom. sorry!

Edited by kurtis, 24 October 2012 - 12:12 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.