The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tax deductions are granted for charitable contributions. Everyone who pays taxes may be able to deduct their charitable giving.

I am a pastor. A lot of people in my church are not rich, but they practice tithing and freewill giving. Giving more than ten percent of your income to charity is a lifestyle. It is about stewardship and giving back. Because it is a lifestlye of generousity, the more money they make the more they give. It is just what they do.

For me, the difference between Romney and Obama is that Romney believes in being generous with his own money. Romney gives to charity whereas Obama wants to take it for government social programs.

Tax deductions are granted for charitable contributions.  Everyone who pays taxes may be able to deduct their charitable giving.

I am a pastor.  A lot of people in my church are not rich, but they practice tithing and freewill giving.  Giving more than ten percent of your income to charity is a lifestyle. It is about stewardship and giving back.  Because it is a lifestlye of generousity, the more money they make the more they give.  It is just what they do.

For me, the difference between Romney and Obama is that Romney believes in being generous with his own money.  Romney gives to charity whereas Obama wants to take it for government social programs.

Tax deductions are granted for charitable contributions. Everyone who pays taxes may be able to deduct their charitable giving.

I am a pastor. A lot of people in my church are not rich, but they practice tithing and freewill giving. Giving more than ten percent of your income to charity is a lifestyle. It is about stewardship and giving back. Because it is a lifestlye of generousity, the more money they make the more they give. It is just what they do.

For me, the difference between Romney and Obama is that Romney believes in being generous with his own money. Romney gives to charity whereas Obama wants to take it for government social programs.

Romney donates his money to the Mormon church. A church which has a fantastical white castle, believes in magic underwear and the subjugation of women. I don't think Romney charitable for giving to an organization in which he is involved with. That 4 million should absolutely be better used towards social programs especially in a time of recession.

I get that you're a pastor and the whole pregnant virgin and talking snake thing works for you, but for the rest of the population that is rational the money could be better used towards their well being.

While you can antagonize the practice of faith, having the freedom to give your money as you see fit is a great example of free speech in this Constitutional Republic. America was not built on government social programs, but the simplicity of living in community that had faith, demonstrated hope, and practiced charity. And those rights, in the pursuit of hapiness, should not be abridged by anyone.

Everyone is saying Biden needs to come out swinging, but I hope he takes a different approach.

Ryan is a workaholic and has studied his arse off in preparation for this debate. He's expecting attacks. If Ryan says anything untruthful, I want Biden to just shrug and say "Look, we can only call them out so many times, I have 2 minutes, I'll let the fact checkers deal with him. This is where WE stand on the issue....". If Ryan doesn't say anything that can be fact checked, then it's just going to be rhetoric and I want Biden to say something like "Now you're just talking nonsense. Listen, this is the issue, and this is how WE will try to solve it."

I'm a bit worried Ryan is going to play Biden like a harp. Hopefully substance will win over appearance when America votes.

the amount he declared on the tax return is only the ones he reported.  he has tons more money stashed away offshore.  what he does is one thing, as offensive as it is.  the principle that more money should be given to the top 1% at the expense of the middle class and/or debt is ridiculous.

the amount he declared on the tax return is only the ones he reported. he has tons more money stashed away offshore. what he does is one thing, as offensive as it is. the principle that more money should be given to the top 1% at the expense of the middle class and/or debt is ridiculous.

Everyone is saying Biden needs to come out swinging, but I hope he takes a different approach.

Ryan is a workaholic and has studied his arse off in preparation for this debate. He's expecting attacks. If Ryan says anything untruthful, I want Biden to just shrug and say "Look, we can only call them out so many times, I have 2 minutes, I'll let the fact checkers deal with him. This is where WE stand on the issue....". If Ryan doesn't say anything that can be fact checked, then it's just going to be rhetoric and I want Biden to say something like "Now you're just talking nonsense. Listen, this is the issue, and this is how WE will try to solve it."

I'm a bit worried Ryan is going to play Biden like a harp. Hopefully substance will win over appearance when America votes.

And if it was 60-70%, like it is in most 1st world countries, this would be worse for the country how? Don't give me that 'job creator' crap either. Sweden has jobs, progressive taxes and social programs.

That's an interesting take on the slave trade you have there.

I've got all night, yo.

The main problem with the constant comparing of tax burdens of different demographics is that they can either include or not include corporate gains, accumulated wealth and the quantity of super rich in any country. The USA has the most billionaires in the world. Their 1% doesn't compare to any other on the planet and that is who we are talking about here.

Tax the hell out of the super rich, curb inflation through a progressive central bank policy and reduce my tax burden by 1/3. I won't need any job creators.

Archived