The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gotta say, this is a ridiculous statement... I have absolutely no idea how you could possibly argue Obama is a "HORRIBLE" president.

I would argue Obama has done more good for the US and the world then Bush Jr, Clinton (yes, even Mr Bj in the O.O. - see repealing of Glass-Steagall) and Bush Sr. That brings us all the way back to the 80's, when Carter had 8 years and I would even like to argue Obama has been better then Carter (although that's definitely a tough sell and an Obama vs Carter debate would truly be gold).

Seriously tho, lumping Obama in with Romney does nothing more then belittle all of our intelligence.

Obama has been worse overall than Clinton, which itself is an accomplishment, and worse than Bush in most areas, particularly on economic and domestic policy matters.

The fact that people can sit there and say Obama is anything other than mediocre points to how mind-numbingly stupid so many people are, but then again, I'll reiterate that Bush got re-elected, so that's likely why no one outside Obama sycophantism is surprised how terrible a President he is yet how many people support such mediocrity.

I'd also gladly lump him and Romney together because at the end of the day they're friends, they both work together at deceiving Americans, limiting their options of who to vote for, and would, piece-by-piece, dismantle constitutional rights in the name of "national security".

^ ^ ^ .. well said, Sharpy .. zaibatsu using a term like "mind-numbingly stupid" said it all for me .. I canna believe the "spin" these disillusioned "idjits" can put on things .. strange how your deficit goes up when you include such things as wars and pharmacare programs on the "books" .. "mind-numbingly stupid" indeed .. self-descriptor for the win ..

Or perhaps it takes someone mind-numbingly stupid to think that Obama has been worse than Bush as Bush with his policies and economic agenda of playing 'kick the can' helped drive the American economy into the ditch, and Obama since his arrival, and to this point, has repaired the flat, and driven it out of the ditch, with reduced unemployment, higher private sector jobs numbers, an improved stock market, a rescued auto industry, relief for many homeowners with mortgages, better access to education for many young people, and so much more, all while getting nearly absolutely zero help from the Republicans in both the House and the Senate. Their agenda has been to do everything they can to obstruct and minimize the President's agenda, and the affectiveness of his legislation, while offering nothing credible to get the economy moving, to tackle health care, or the debt, or education, or other important economic and domestic areas, without resorting to vouchers, tax cuts for the already wealthiest top percentage income owners, or by shifting the tax burden onto the middle class even more with across the board cuts. And all that, while somehow forgetting to put two wars, and a prescription plan on the books with a previous Republican President. Oh yeah, it's all Obama's fault.....

Yeah, the U.S. definitely need those guys in charge and not Obama. :rolleyes:

Where do you think Obama derived his low-tax-high-spending policies from? US need a President and Congressman who will use their influence to steer the ship away from fiscal insolvency and exorbitant currency devaluation as that represents a dire problem both for the immediate and future, not perpetuate dangerous fiscal policy for these stupid D/R games that you wilfully, and ignorantly, play into.

Obama has been worse overall than Clinton, which itself is an accomplishment, and worse than Bush in most areas, particularly on economic and domestic policy matters.

The fact that people can sit there and say Obama is anything other than mediocre points to how mind-numbingly stupid so many people are, but then again, I'll reiterate that Bush got re-elected, so that's likely why no one outside Obama sycophantism is surprised how terrible a President he is yet how many people support such mediocrity.

I'd also gladly lump him and Romney together because at the end of the day they're friends, they both work together at deceiving Americans, limiting their options of who to vote for, and would, piece-by-piece, dismantle constitutional rights in the name of "national security".

The most dangerous fiscal policies that need to be tackled forthwith are expiring the Bush tax cuts and reducing health care costs.

It's simple:

Romney = extending Bush tax cuts for rich people + has no serious plan for health care costs

Obama = expiring Bush tax cuts for rich people + a health care plan that's been shown to reduce costs for most American families.

That's about it. We can trade barbs all day long, but if you want to sum things up about the choice that American face, this is it, in a nutshell, when it comes to the direction of each candidate towards the economy and fiscal solvency of the American people.

Along with Republicans, Democrats overwhelmingly voted to extend the Bush tax cuts, and Obama signed it.

Obama promised to end the Bush tax cuts in his 2008 campaign and signs an extension to it -- fail.

Obamacare = not even the faintest any guaranteed reduced costs, in fact, signs point to the opposite:

http://www.forbes.co...ut-to-medicare/

People not already licking Obama boots understand this is simply a corporatist piece of legislation that mandates private insurance and the only faintest benefit is helping reduce the terrible private insurance industry's penchant for rejecting coverage for those with pre-existing conditions, however, that could be achieved on it's own without the comprehensive mess and guaranteed half billion+ fiscal liability that is Obamacare. It also could be achieved with universal, which is obviously an impossibility in the US as it stands. At any rate, much like mandated private auto insurance in Ontario, mandated private healthcare obviously means higher premiums, meaning "not addressing the cost of care", it's not surprising you predictably believe something contrary to what historically happens with mandated insurance but the great thing about being an Obama sycophant is you get to ignore reality.

It's interesting Obamacare is actually a better plan for residents of the US...however doctors don't like it because then they will be making less.

And let's face it who wants to go to school for 8+ years and then not make the amount of money they deserve.

It's interesting Obamacare is actually a better plan for residents of the US...however doctors don't like it because then they will be making less.

And let's face it who wants to go to school for 8+ years and then not make the amount of money they deserve.

Here we go sucking on the CBO teat again.. already proven substantial margins off on fiscal predictions vs. fiscal outcomes, but for some reason keeps citing them.. :lol:

I also like in the article how they sheepishly mention something I didn't know which was not only is the federal budget on the hook for Obamacare but even state budgets are:

Yeah, this is somehow miraculously going to save money. :lol:

Once weeding out the spin doctors and Obama sycophant disciples who can't help but cite unreliable CBO predictions like biblical scripture, the only guaranteed thing this is, is a fiscal liability, so Obama's medicare cuts are immediately offset until these encompassing miracle revenues later.. supposedly come to fruition.

Archived