Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

• Please log in to reply
2022 replies to this topic

Poll: Obama vs Romney (329 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you vote for?

1. Obama (279 votes [85.32%])

Percentage of vote: 85.32%

2. Romney (48 votes [14.68%])

Percentage of vote: 14.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1351 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,664 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

If Romney wins, I'd feel sorry for the US.

I heard there was a video on YouTube about a technician trying to fix one of those digital vote machines, and everytime he tried to click for Obama, it would register a vote for Romney.

#1352 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

I just read that Ronney only have a victory speech.......

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#1353 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Science will create a hybrid of the two for the 2016 Election.

Vote for Obomney?
Rombama?

I don't really follow US politics...in lieu of smart talk in regards to the actual election, you get this^

/=S=/

#1354 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,204 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

[quote name='Gretzky's Mullet' timestamp='1352244932' post='10970858']
I tend to disagree actually. I think if Obama is re-elected, the GOP congress will recognize that he'll be in his second term and they can't hold re-election over his head, in which case they'll hopefully recognize that he's got a longer shelf life than many of them. So I think they'll be more willing to compromise. If Romney wins, he'll pander to whomever he needs to and won't care too much who is hurt by the deal (hint: it won't be the super-wealthy).
[/quote]

Really?

If Obama wins he can hope the Republicans will be willing to compromise but don't count on tax increases of any kind (including letting the bush tax cuts expire or any sort of increase to the most wealthy) as being part of it if they don't want to face the wrath of the Americans for Tax Reform rightly pointing out them going against their own signed promises to not increase taxes.

If Romney wins their might be a "compromise" of massive spending cuts that get them under the debt ceiling but why would the democrats allow that to go through. Heck, why let the chance to actually get some tax increases passed when you actually get the chance? The democrats are fools if they don't let the fiscal cliff just happen. Heck, either way if your the democrats you take that fiscal cliff and eat up the Q1 recession knowing that your setting yourself up for future sucsess. I would be dieing to filibuster every attempt to not put in the tax increases if I was them!

#1355 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

I just read that Ronney only have a victory speech.......

Probably. Why would he acknowledge defeat by a coloured man?

Okay, well, maybe he's not that bad. But some Republicans are.
Posted Image

#1356 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Why does it take up to 8-9 hours in some places to vote?

When I go to vote in Victoria, BC. The polling station is held in a spacious building staffed by more than enough people. I walk in with my voter card and my ID. They check the list and hand me my ballot. I am in and out in 3 minutes.

In the states why do we see massive lines usually made up of minorities waiting hours to vote?

Where I am in Florida in the I 4 corridor was a 15 min wait but it isnt some over packed city. They really do cut corners and try to cram more people into fewer voting stations in big cities to save a buck or two. They should a polling station per populous and stick to that.
Posted Image

#1357 Please Call 911

Please Call 911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Damn! It seems Obama is losing to Romney by quite a bit if this source is correct

http://www.politico....President/2012/

Look under the Electoral Votes, you'll see the Popular Vote

Posted Image

Please Call 911

Thanks Mash!

#1358 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Really?

If Obama wins he can hope the Republicans will be willing to compromise but don't count on tax increases of any kind (including letting the bush tax cuts expire or any sort of increase to the most wealthy) as being part of it if they don't want to face the wrath of the Americans for Tax Reform rightly pointing out them going against their own signed promises to not increase taxes.

If Romney wins their might be a "compromise" of massive spending cuts that get them under the debt ceiling but why would the democrats allow that to go through. Heck, why let the chance to actually get some tax increases passed when you actually get the chance? The democrats are fools if they don't let the fiscal cliff just happen. Heck, either way if your the democrats you take that fiscal cliff and eat up the Q1 recession knowing that your setting yourself up for future sucsess. I would be dieing to filibuster every attempt to not put in the tax increases if I was them!

The Tea Party guys won't agree, sure. But an Obama win in this election is a pretty strong rebuke of the Tea Party agenda. There are still enough moderate Republicans in Congress that should the GOP ticket lose this election, they will probably be emboldened enough to defy their right flank in the interest of moving government forward. The Republicons have spent a lot of effort painting this as a referendum on Obama, but frankly it'll likely be seen as just as much a referendum on the scorched earth tactics of the far right.
Posted Image

LUC BOURDON: FEB 16TH, 1987 - MAY 29TH, 2008

#1359 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Damn! It seems Obama is losing to Romney by quite a bit if this source is correct

Rural counties in Kentucky and Indiana, what in the hell did you expect?
Posted Image

#1360 YaK

YaK

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Saw this on CNN the polling machines are in Pennsylvania nonetheless, a crucial state. They claim to fix them but a number of these iphone vids have surfaced. This is why electronics are a problem for future elections.

Yeah, what concerns me is that while this looks like a random glitch it is at least an obvious one - what about glitches that aren't so obvious? Maybe one candidate is selected visually but another is actually entered in the system...
Posted Image
"It felt almost like it was a dream," Burrows said of his game-winner.
"But guys jumped on me and I couldn't breathe, so I knew it was right."

#1361 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Where I am in Florida in the I 4 corridor was a 15 min wait but it isnt some over packed city. They really do cut corners and try to cram more people into fewer voting stations in big cities to save a buck or two. They should a polling station per populous and stick to that.

Money has nothing to do with it, it's a concerted effort to depress the vote in blue-leaning areas of a red controlled state.
Posted Image

#1362 Nighthawk07

Nighthawk07

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Waaaaay to early to start predicting or calling anything. 95,000 to 47,000 popular vote in a country of 315,000,000 means nothing.
Stealing, stealing, stealing a car for Moe. Something, something, something, something, Insurance fraud today!!

#1363 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

As an uneducated person myself in the politics system, can someone tell me why winning certain states matter more than others?

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#1364 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

3 electoral vote for Obama zero for Romney right now

267 electoral votes......but Ronney wins in popular right currently

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

#1365 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

As an uneducated person myself in the politics system, can someone tell me why winning certain states matter more than others?

the bigger gets more electoral votes and I think the bigger the state the more electoral vote you get

#1366 Please Call 911

Please Call 911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

the bigger the state the more electoral votes you recieve !

The more electoral votes you get the higher chance of winning you have !

Posted Image

Please Call 911

Thanks Mash!

#1367 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

VA is a dead heat, if Romney can't take VA it's over.

In OH Obama has a lead. No way Romney wins without VA or OH.

Looks like Obama will win this election.

#1368 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

This is because the United States is not a democracy. Its a Federal Republic. Whats the difference?

It means that instead of one giant vote, they vote per state. So why dont they count one state as one vote thus 50 votes up for grabs?

Because each state has a different population. Wyoming has like 500,000 people and California has tens of millions. Therefore Wyoming gets 3 electoral votes and California 55.

You have to get 270 electoral votes to win.
Posted Image

#1369 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,007 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

I'm gonna invest in an underground bunker in event of thermonuclear war I'll be safe.

We all know its gonna happen if Romney wins.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#1370 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

I think half the liberals on here would give their left nut to vote in that district. God I hope you voted Obama, though knowing you, I doubt it.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1371 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

I'm gonna invest in an underground bunker in event of thermonuclear war I'll be safe.

We all know its gonna happen if Romney wins.

"We must be pre-emptive in [nuking] Iran". Yay for cold war era policies.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1372 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Each state has electoral votes attached to it. One needs 270 electoral votes to become President.

For example California is worth 55 electoral votes, North Carolina is worth 15 electoral votes.

This race will go down to Ohio, if Obama can't take Ohio its tough but he can still win. If Romney loses Ohio its pretty much over.
Another really important state in Virginia, 13 electoral votes. Romney has to win VA to have a chance to win the election.

#1373 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,682 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

As has been stated the larger the state the more electoral votes. The reason why Ohio, Florida, Virginia are so important is they are states which could be won by either candidate. Many other large states like Texas, California and New York are no where close to being competitive so very little campaigning goes on there and therefore very little media attention as well.

Now when you start looking at House and Senate races that is where the races can get more interesting all over the country with many Red states voting in Democrats and vice versa.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#1374 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Dead Heat in FLD right now 50-50

Someone tell Bettman and Fehr.

#1375 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Further to my post above you can click this link for a good understanding. You can play out different scenarios by assigning electoral votes to each candidate. Pretty easy.

http://www.cnn.com/e...1#?battleground

#1376 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

Ronney getting destroyed in South Carolina

#1377 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

All swing states too close to call.

Voter participation is up - good sign for the President

Independents are breaking for Romney, good sign for the Governor.
Posted Image

#1378 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Don't expect Obama to take South Carolina, it's a red state.

#1379 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Ronney getting destroyed in South Carolina

Im sorry bud I have to quote you on this one. lol
Posted Image

#1380 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Ohio is the King Maker.

If Romney doesn't win Ohio no way he wins this election.

VA is a good indicator of how Ohio will vote. If romney loses VA there is no way he will win Ohio.

This doesn't look good for Romney. I think Obama will win both those states.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.