The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bottom line is when (not if because the American media is pushing its population to vote this way) Romney gets elected it will be the beginning of the downward spiral that will ruin the US. Here's hoping the American population can pull there heads out of their arses and think with common sense instead of succumbing to media propaganda and they vote for Obama.

Are you kidding me? You think it was unfortunate that she didn't do what both sides want - to allow them to hear the question, give a vague answer, shoot of talking points for the rest of the 2 minutes, and not get challenged on anything? (Except for by the other candidate but they can say hey, it's the other candidate, what do you expect).

Presidential debates are a joke exactly because of the stupid "rules" that they pretend to have the authority to impose. Crowley did a great job. She was fair and unbiased, but she didn't just let them get away with turning the debate into 1.5 hours of campaign ads.

Romney Leads Obama by 6 points according to lastest Gallup Poll. 51-45%. However, elections are won on swing state votes. Those show a virtual tie.

http://www.examiner.com/article/poll-of-polls-romney-has-large-gains-vs-president-obama-the-new-polls

The polls shows Romney leads by double digits among people age 30-49.

That should explain why this thread shows overwhelming support for Romney. How many of you guys are under 30? I bet most of you are.

that´s wierd dude. I always see the USA elections on my country and my friends and I always have the same 2 questions:

1) dellegates. so I pay more attention on Florida because they have more dellegates than North Carolina. so people from Florida are more important than people in NC? I would be pretty angry if I knew that my vote isn´t soo important as another state voters...

2) why they need 1 WEEK to see the results!? in Brazil we created the eletronic vote and we need only 5 hours to know the result of our presidential election. (each candidate receive a number soo on the election day we just "type" the number in something that looks like a notebook. (ok. will be the same dummy communist supported by Lula or some "Darth Vader" and our crapty politics).

I miss the military government. at least worked for something...

-like. If USA is soo advanced why they don´t use the eletronic vote system with biometrical ID? we have it and it´s simple...

Population based as to electoral votes I believe .. a truly screwed up system, in that popular vote count does not matter

.. only in the USA could you have an electoral system designed to make a "profit" .. :lol: .. so proud of their democracy but it does not hold a candle to a Parliamentary system IMO ..

It is all semantics .. we will know who "won" on November 6th hopefully .. my fear is it does not matter who "wins" .. the American people will not win anything .. both men are owned by the corporate elitist power structure .. only a revolution will solve this .. or a Chinese invasion .. B)

soo. more seats. honestly, it really makes a big difference? it creates that thing "elected with less votes than the other candidate" and that thing. Obama and Romney are trying to get more votes from states with more electors. however in USA you aren´t oblied to vote or to register as an elector, it means that the number of electors does not mach the number of people able to vote (teenagers and adults). soo in real terms the number of people able to vote must be considered and not the population (for political reasons).

I´m sorry for my insistence. but I think it´s much easier simply consider the number of votes and end of story. almost every country on earth do this. or put the same number of dellegates on each state. I´m surprised how the states with less seats in USA congress still didn´t get upset about it...

soo. more seats. honestly, it really makes a big difference? it creates that thing "elected with less votes than the other candidate" and that thing. Obama and Romney are trying to get more votes from states with more electors. however in USA you aren´t oblied to vote or to register as an elector, it means that the number of electors does not mach the number of people able to vote (teenagers and adults). soo in real terms the number of people able to vote must be considered and not the population (for political reasons).

I´m sorry for my insistence. but I think it´s much easier simply consider the number of votes and end of story. almost every country on earth do this. or put the same number of dellegates on each state. I´m surprised how the states with less seats in USA congress still didn´t get upset about it...

Two things: 1) A debate is not an interview. If she wanted to interview the candidates, she should have made an appointment. She was supposed to be a moderator, not a reporter or referee or mediator. 2) Polity, also known as rules of proceedure, is important. Without polity you lack civility, and then you get chaos. And yes, that debate was chaotic. The Commission on Presidential Debates, along with both campaigns, arranged the rules of the debate. Both campaigns followed the rules, the moderator ignored them. And her actions caused that debate to become antagonistic which it did not have to. That is why many in the media down here has considered that debate to be the worse moderation of a debate ever.

LOL @ people who think Americans choose their leaders!

You know, by the time you become the leader of a country, someone else makes all the decisions. ... You may find you can get away with virtual presidents, virtual prime ministers, virtual everything. (Bill Clinton)

Archived