Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

• Please log in to reply
2022 replies to this topic

Poll: Obama vs Romney (329 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you vote for?

1. Obama (279 votes [85.32%])

Percentage of vote: 85.32%

2. Romney (48 votes [14.68%])

Percentage of vote: 14.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Humble Rodent

Humble Rodent

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

So Obama was on Reddit earlier: http://www.reddit.co..._united_states/

Posted Image

#122 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:55 AM

Obama and Romney could make more unscrutinized money as private citizens than as public officials currently. So what makes you think they, or more specifically Obama wants more power and money? As a mean to what ends exactly?

Have you ever heard of war profiteering? Why do you think Obama hasn’t brought the troops home like he initially promised? He’s never going too, and neither will any of these other clowns. The US is powerful, so they can benefit greatly from that, but they’re fighting and aiding wars they shouldn’t be involved in, we all know this. The US has spent over 1.3 TRILLION DOLLARS on wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and it’s consistently increasing. Do we really know what goes on in the Middle East? NO. Only the soldiers themselves know, and they know firsthand its bull. Why do you think an incredible majority of troops are supporting Ron Paul? The government spends far too much money they don’t have, resources, and lives on war.
Posted Image

#123 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:49 AM

The ACA also known as Obamacare will affect hiring because it mandates that employers provide health insurance. Instead of paying your employees more, or adding more employees, employers will now have to add this benefit. The average benefit plan costs an employer about $15,000 per employee per year for a family plan. A true free market would allow employers to pay their employees more, say $10,000 a year or more, and let them buy their own insurance plan on the free mareket or whatever they want to spend that money on. More money in their pocket, more money they will spend, and the better the overall economy will do.

A "free market" has been dictating American healtchare for decades, and look at the posistion it's in. Tens of millions uninsured and thousands dying needlessly each year because they can't possibly get coverage. It's a good idea, but it does not work. If by "free market healthcare" you mean that only the rich and healthy should get healthcare then yeah, I would be against Obamacare too.

Look almost everywhere else in the developed world, including the UK and Canada, and tell me that public healtcare isn't better. It's not just some wild theory that Obama has dreamed up, it's the truth.

Edited by Columbo, 30 August 2012 - 03:50 AM.

#124 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,690 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

Few on this thread have the slightest clue what is actually going on . We who live in the United States and actually have a say in all this appreciate your concern .

Yet, you "who live in the United States and actually have a say" in the matter, have amongst you, a sizable percentage of people who believe that the current president was not born in the USA and is in fact a Muslim. You also have an elected official who believes that a woman's body can "shut down" conception in the case of rape (provided it's a "legitimate" rape)

You have a presidential candidate who says he's not concerned about the poor, because they have a social safety net and others who claim that the incumbent has staged recent mass shootings for political gain.

You also have a party that is trying to disqualify low income voters (ie Obama voters) on the weak pretense of protecting against voter fraud, even though voter fraud is a non-existent problem.

Perhaps you can understand our "concern"....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#125 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

You know Republicans (namely Paul Ryan in this case) are really full of BS when even Fox News is calling him out on it!

http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz251rvLkSe

to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold.
The good news is that the Romney-Ryan campaign has likely created dozens of new jobs among the legions of additional fact checkers that media outlets are rushing to hire to sift through the mountain of cow dung that flowed from Ryan’s mouth. Said fact checkers have already condemned certain arguments that Ryan still irresponsibly repeated.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz252bv3SKp

#126 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

So Obama was on Reddit earlier: http://www.reddit.co..._united_states/

President Obama on Reddit: Just a stunt?

President Obama broke no new ground in his debut appearance on the social forum Reddit, answering 10 questions (of his choosing) and crashing the site. The only surprise was the venue.

President Obama made a surprise appearance on an “Ask Me Anything” session on the social forum Reddit yesterday, delighting Redditors by fielding questions on a wide variety of topics, from the difficulties of handling school loans to how he balances his work and family time.

Hundreds of thousands of visitors crowded onto the site, crashing it for a time. To some in the tech world, the visit was a coming-out party for such Internet platforms, a moment that showed they have the power to create news, not just aggregate it.

“Just as Oprah joining Twitter was seen as a turning point for that service, the President participating on Reddit is a breakthrough for the service,” writes Christina Warren on the Web news site Mashable.

Well, we’d agree it was a great thing for Reddit, per se. It shined lots of attention on its interesting AMA section and gives a boost to its overall brand.

Plus, it was a good move for the White House. As Ms. Warren notes, there were over 200,000 visitors on the site watching the event live yesterday at around 4:30 p.m. That’s a pretty big audience, and probably more than were watching the GOP convention at that moment. Political counterprogramming! It’s what’s for afternoon tea.

So does it matter that Mr. Obama said virtually nothing new? He answered 10 questions, most of them blandly. He agreed that it’s hard to repay college loans in a down economy, said he supports the space program, and acknowledged that his hardest decision as president was approving the surge in Afghanistan.

His favorite basketball player? Michael Jordan. The White House beer recipe? It’s coming out soon. (OK, as far as we can tell that last one might have been new news, as we in the MSM say.)

Let’s try and figure this out – the Reddit appearance did not provide the US public much additional information about Obama policies. But it was important because it was on Reddit? Is that what Marshall McLuhan meant with the phrase “the medium is the message”?

We’d agree with The Atlantic’s Alexis Madrigal on this one – there was nothing revealed in Obama’s Reddit answers that would have interested any Redditor if had appeared on another format.

Plus, as Mr. Madrigal notes, the Reddit AMA is a terrible means for extracting information from a politician. They get to sit behind a desk, choose what questions they want to answer, formulate their answers in private, and then push “enter.” That sounds a whole lot easier than holding a White House press conference.

“We’ll know Reddit has really arrived as a political community when [Obama] uses a visit to announce a policy change they’ve been promoting, perhaps around marijuana policy or civil liberties broadly construed. Until then, it’s all kissing babies and shaking hands, only with more LOLs,” writes Madrigal.

http://www.csmonitor...it-Just-a-stunt

You know Republicans (namely Paul Ryan in this case) are really full of BS when even Fox News is calling him out on it!

http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz251rvLkSe

Paul Ryan’s breathtakingly dishonest speech

By James Downie

Yesterday, at an ABC News panel, Mitt Romney pollster Neil Newhouse said, “We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers.” Wednesday’s speech from Paul Ryan certainly took that disdain for truth to heart, as his address was filled with falsehoods from start to finish.
Let’s start with the chronologically impossible. Ryan spoke about the GM plant in his hometown of Janesville:

A lot of guys I went to high school with worked at that GM plant. Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said: “I believe that if our government is there to support you … this plant will be here for another hundred years.” That’s what he said in 2008.

Well, as it turned out, that plant didn’t last another year. It is locked up and empty to this day. And that’s how it is in so many towns today, where the recovery that was promised is nowhere in sight.

Set aside the fact that Paul Ryan, in a fit of anti-Randianism, asked for government funds to save the plant. Set aside that he voted for the big-government auto bailout. Ryan also conveniently forgot to mention that GM announced the closure of the plant in early June 2008. In fact, Ryan and then-Wisconsin Sens. Russ Feingold (D) and Herb Kohl (D) sent a letter that month to GM CEO Rick Wagoner asking him to reconsider. This was not just before Barack Obama was inaugurated or even elected; it was the same day he won his own party’s nomination. There was no way Obama could have saved that auto plant without also discovering time travel.
Despite his problems with calendars, how did Ryan fare when it came to his own record? Well, he also inveighed against Obama on the national debt:

[Obama] created a bipartisan debt commission [, the Simpson-Bowles commission]. They came back with an urgent report. He thanked them, sent them on their way, and then did exactly nothing.

But Ryan was on that commission, and he voted against that “urgent report.” Also, the president did not do “exactly nothing”: The White House <a data-xslt="_http" href="http://www.whitehous...tteereport.pdf" style="color: rgb(12, 71, 144); " target="_blank">released a debt plan last September, despite Republicans’ best attempts to pretend it doesn’t exist. Finally, if the crisis is so urgent, why does Ryan’s own budget proposal not balance the budget until the 2030s?
One more example — a line from his attack on Obama’s stimulus:

The stimulus was a case of political patronage, corporate welfare, and cronyism at their worst.

As Time’s Michael Grunwald, who has just published a new book about the stimulus, points out, “Experts had warned that 5 percent of the stimulus could be lost to fraud, but investigators have documented less than $10 million in losses — about 0.001 percent.” Solyndra has been the exception, not the rule.
These are just three examples, and there are many others: attacking the president for “raiding” Medicare when his own budget calls for cutting the same amount of money from the program; claiming fiscal rectitude after voting for the two wars, Medicare expansion and tax cuts that remain key drivers of our federal deficit; and so on.
With tonight’s speech, Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan have doubled down on their twin bets of 2012 — that journalists will sit back and name winners and losers without regard to who is telling the truth, and that voters are too ignorant to care about the truth. Do not let them be right.
http://www.washingto...ff430_blog.html

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#127 mrawfull

mrawfull

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Obama's record is so bad, Paul Ryan doesn't have to lie about it. Everybody knows what has Obama done to help grow the economy. Nothing! :lol:

#128 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

Obama's record is so bad, Paul Ryan doesn't have to lie about it. Everybody knows what has Obama done to help grow the economy. Nothing! :lol:

So why does he? :lol:

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

#129 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

Despite seeing job creation everyday...

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#130 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

Have you ever heard of war profiteering? Why do you think Obama hasn’t brought the troops home like he initially promised? He’s never going too, and neither will any of these other clowns. The US is powerful, so they can benefit greatly from that, but they’re fighting and aiding wars they shouldn’t be involved in, we all know this. The US has spent over 1.3 TRILLION DOLLARS on wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and it’s consistently increasing. Do we really know what goes on in the Middle East? NO. Only the soldiers themselves know, and they know firsthand its bull. Why do you think an incredible majority of troops are supporting Ron Paul? The government spends far too much money they don’t have, resources, and lives on war.

I have heard of war profiteering. If Obama was perpetuating 'war profiteering' he wouldn't have ended the Iraq war.

Also,

President Obama making good on promise to end Afghanistan war

Speaking from Kabul on Tuesday, President Obama went to great lengths to deliver one overriding message: “This is what I promised I’d do.”

Obama’s overnight trip to Afghanistan — where he signed an agreement with President Hamid Karzai that lays out the countries’ postwar relationship once U.S. troops finally withdraw in 2014 — continues the president’s re-election campaign message that he is making good on his promises to war-weary Americans.

He withdrew the last U.S. combat troops from Iraq in 2011. He ordered the mission that killed Osama bin Laden. And now, the end of U.S. combat in Afghanistan is within reach.

The timing is right for this latest step in the U.S. pullout. While the military and political situation is more stable than it was five years ago, there is danger that the whole thing could go south very quickly, given the corruption of Karzai’s government and the stuttering progress toward building an Afghan security force.

This agreement, promising a slow, deliberate transition, shows Americans that Obama is committed to withdrawing U.S. troops from Afghanistan on schedule, while reassuring Afghans that we will not simply pull up stakes and walk away as the Soviets did, creating a power vacuum that led to the Taliban’s rise.

On Tuesday, Obama acknowledged that Americans are tired of war, of its cost in lives and money. In Afghanistan, the Taliban no longer rule and al Qaeda has been rousted, but the United States does not leave in total victory. Pockets of violence still exist. A deadly suicide bombing in Kabul, just hours after Obama’s visit, is grim proof.

There are those who will say the United States is leaving before the job is finished.

But sinking more money and blood into Afghanistan after a decade of war — at a cost of nearly 2,000 troops and hundreds of billions of dollars — is not the answer.

The United States needs to acknowledge the limits of its power to reverse an entire region’s history and be smart about how it uses its resources.

http://blog.nj.com/n...ng_good_on.html

And to be fair, it wasn't this President who started two wars and didn't budget for them 'on the books', and then tossed them both like a live grenade to his successor.

He ended one war and is in the process of ending another. Romney, wants to attack Iran and start another war, this time in the Middle East.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#131 KoreanHockeyFan

KoreanHockeyFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

http://watch.ctv.ca/...012/#clip750771

:picard:

#132 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

http://watch.ctv.ca/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart/latest-episodes/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-ep-17144-august-29-2012/#clip750771

:picard:

Republicans are so entertaining. :lol:

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#133 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

I have heard of war profiteering. If Obama was perpetuating 'war profiteering' he wouldn't have ended the Iraq war.

Also,

And to be fair, it wasn't this President who started two wars and didn't budget for them 'on the books', and then tossed them both like a live grenade to his successor.

He ended one war and is in the process of ending another. Romney, wants to attack Iran and start another war, this time in the Middle East.

Sure, but he's still profiting by supplying arms, tanks, training, etc. We don't need to be in the middle east.

Edit: Also, if Obama wanted to end the war on Iraq, like he initially promised. he would have done so in the beginning. He's also not promising he wont invade Iran, because there are possible WMD, honestly man, it's the same crap, just a different face and country.

Edited by Tystick, 30 August 2012 - 11:19 AM.

Posted Image

#134 CanuckClown

CanuckClown

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

I believe that Obama and Romney differ in certain aspects, but at the end of the day their purpose is the same; explaining why the former never brought about the great change people hoped for.

In my opinion the role of the state is to ensure that our economy continues to function, flow and prosper moving forward. Some will accuse me as being economically deterministic with this view, but that is only the case if one holds a very narrow definition of what economics is. To me economics is actually political economy (modern day economics is a joke in my opinion) and this involves the state guiding, protecting and ensuring the continuation of the hegemonic social relations that rule the day. The social relations which ensure people eat, sleep and reproduce in a manner that is optimal for all of society. Today, that social relation is largely based on the employee/employer relationship. As a result, much of what the state does is centered on maintaining the "peace" and continuation of this relationship.

Indeed, more "progressive" leaders promote moves that seemingly are not in favour of "big business" and such. However often this is a case of the state saving big-business from itself. Think about it. Most huge corporations would love to do away with mandatory wage floors (min. wages). It is the STATE that legislates the floor price. Similarly, many employers would love to not have to pay time and a half or double time after 8 hours; again, the state ensures that this (when officially documented) occurs. In each of these cases I would argue this is a result of the state protecting the social relation. That is, if no minimum wage or cap to the length of a working week was given, one would witness a severe degradation of the workforce. Indeed this was the case during the industrial revolution in England. With this degradation comes an inability to reproduce (have children, eat, survive!) and hence a slowing of the social relation: employees and employers.

Consider Obama and mandatory pseudo-health insurance. When one looks at it through the perspective I provided, how is this much different than ensuring a maximum work week, or min. wage. It's a case of the employer not wanted to, on an individual level, provide a service, which on the macro scale, will impact the entire social relation as it threatens the reproduction of a significant part of the working class.

The same could be argued with women's integration into the workforce. As nuclear families struggle to make ends meet, the best way to ensure their reproduction is by way of increasing their income - that is having both parents work. As an aside, women's rights to me has never been about them being allowed to be a part of the workforce (of course they should). Rather, it has always been about why the home-parent (traditionally the woman, but increasingly men as well) were not paid equally to the working counter-part. This is one of the main issues of equality in my mind. Even today our society suggests that being part of the "workforce" is a greater service to society than staying home and raising children. Lost in this is the fact that without the raising of children, there is no reproduction of the workforce.

Anyways, as I continue to rant again, I will end by saying that on the surface Obama and Romney seem different. But at the end of the day, in my opinion, their purposes are the same. Hence, nothing will ever really change.

#135 Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

At least they are good for something.

#136 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

It's not polite to stare at mentally retarded people.

Posted Image

#137 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,871 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

If you were not so misguidedly ignorant and laughable, you would be dangerous .. oh wait .. you ARE dangerous .. you can blindly vote with your head firmly inserted up yer arse .. :picard:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#138 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

Sure, but he's still profiting by supplying arms, tanks, training, etc. We don't need to be in the middle east.

Edit: Also, if Obama wanted to end the war on Iraq, like he initially promised. he would have done so in the beginning. He's also not promising he wont invade Iran, because there are possible WMD, honestly man, it's the same crap, just a different face and country.

How is he personally profiting exactly??

And Obama, one month after being sworn in, in Feb 2009, announced an 18-month withdrawal window for combat forces.

In August 2010, he declared Operation Iraqi Freedom over, and handed over security and other duties to the Iraqi's.

In September 2010, the remaining forces s3witched to an advisory capacity, with the ability for combat, if needed.

The last U.S. troops left Iraqi territory on December 18, 2011.

That's less than 2 years in which he said he was going to stop the Iraqi war, and through a process, accomplished what he set out to do.

That's less than 2 years into his 4 year term. It was done relatively safely and methodically, but it was done.

And he's also not promising to not invade Canada....does that make you think he will?? He's not promising to come to your house and punch you in the head....does that mean he will?? Try to interject some logic and facts into your current thought process.

#139 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

Posted Image

#140 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

How is he personally profiting exactly??

And Obama, one month after being sworn in, in Feb 2009, announced an 18-month withdrawal window for combat forces.

In August 2010, he declared Operation Iraqi Freedom over, and handed over security and other duties to the Iraqi's.

In September 2010, the remaining forces s3witched to an advisory capacity, with the ability for combat, if needed.

The last U.S. troops left Iraqi territory on December 18, 2011.

That's less than 2 years in which he said he was going to stop the Iraqi war, and through a process, accomplished what he set out to do.

That's less than 2 years into his 4 year term. It was done relatively safely and methodically, but it was done.

And he's also not promising to not invade Canada....does that make you think he will?? He's not promising to come to your house and punch you in the head....does that mean he will?? Try to interject some logic and facts into your current thought process.

Uh, I never said he was “personally” profiting.

Wow, 2 years and the troops are out of Iraq? Amazing. What a champ.

You realize he had the power to withdraw them from day 1. He doesn’t care about the troop’s man, it’s about profit.

So as of now the troops are basically out of Iraq, yet there are US drones hovering all over the Middle East. Is this any different? The US government is power hungry, and wants control. Just recently a drone destroyed a suspected militant hideout containing allies of a warlord in Pakistan. Suspected? That tells me they had no solid proof that these people did or were planning to do anything, yet they took action anyway. Sounds like murder if you ask me.

Why did the US invade Iraq in the first place? Because a threat of WMD? Couldn’t be, because they found none. No, Saddam Hussein decided to demand oil exports be bought through the Euro standard only. A great business decision for Iraq, but costly for the US.

It’s funny how you think he’s this hero, because I guarantee the US will invade Iran under the same template they used to invade Iraq, under Obama or Romney. Oh and btw, your “logic” isn’t logic at all. Canada has military and is able to fight back. They would be stupid to fight Canada, as they are one of the US strongest allies (Although, I can honestly see it happening one day if nothing changes).
Iran doesn’t have a strong enough military, and they don’t have WMD’s either, yet this seems to be the reason the US preaches they need to invade. It’s silly. People need to realize that the US government is the real terrorist here, and fueling for war + involvement in 3rd world countries is severely impacting the financial debt crisis further.

Is Obama signing the “Iran threat reduction act” logic enough for you?!

Cheers.
Posted Image

#141 CanuckClown

CanuckClown

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

For anyone watching Mr. Eastwood make a fool out of himself right now, please note how the whole discussion is about "the" economy. They even have the national debt clock in the background.

It's time for people to wake the f@ck up.

#142 Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

What was Clint Eastwood thinking?

#143 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

What did Clint do exactly? Rachel Maddow called it the strangest thing at a convention she'll ever see.
Posted Image

#144 Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

What did Clint do exactly? Rachel Maddow called it the strangest thing at a convention she'll ever see.

He was talking to a chair that was supposed to be Obama... :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DGl-4gByV4

I hope to god he was drunk.

Edited by Squirrels.Gone.Wild, 30 August 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#145 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

What an absolute bore of a speech by Romney.

:bored:

#146 Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

What an absolute bore of a speech by Romney.

:bored:

What were you expecting from a robot?

#147 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

What were you expecting from a robot?

More r2d2, less C3P0.

#148 CanuckClown

CanuckClown

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

Wow....most of you act like you're above the sideshow, all the while buying into it. Common people. Honestly, isn't it time to wake up?

#149 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

He was talking to a chair that was supposed to be Obama... :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DGl-4gByV4

I hope to god he was drunk.

Drunk Eastwood, just made my day. :lol:

#150 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

80% in favour of Obama. Ugh Why can't you same people realize that Harpers views are nearly identical to Romneys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.