The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I visited his campaign website and many of his ideals were reasonable, except for gun regulation.

Its sad how this is the first time I've heard of him, yet nut-jobs like Herman Cain, Bachmann, Perry, Santorum, Gingrich have all gotten huge coverage over the course of campaigning.

To be completely honest, for me it would be a tough call if I had to pick between the two. Romney comes off as a raving lunatic much of the time, but his record as governor of Mass. is solid economically and I hope some of his socially conservative preaching is just rabble-rousing.

On the other hand, we can trust Obama not to outlaw abortion, etc, but he has shown a systematic inability to deal with the Republican congress or manage the deficit responsibly. If I were an American, I would vote for Ron Paul; if I had to choose between the major party leaders, I would probably vote for Obama.

/\/\ Quite right. Financial collapse is a mathematical certainty and US will not be alone in experiencing it. When is the only unknown. How many more creative ways to go for Obama (or Romney) to capitalize the banks at the the expense of taxpayers?

Point 1: Believing there are meaningful differences between the major governing parties in US or Canada is suggestive of a politically immature mind.

On the truly important issues like immigration, wars, central banking, free trade (otherwise known as transferring manufacturing to the 3rd world) and restricting domestic freedoms the so-called right and left are one and the same. Such few differences as there may be are usually confined to pre election rhetoric and when there is a ‘change’ in power it is still business as usual, media dressing notwithstanding.

Speaking from a strict (proper) interpretation of the US constitution nearly every sitting president beginning with Woodrow Wilson ought to have been tried, convicted, and shot for treason.

Point 2: Believing that casting a vote for the magic, affirmative action man is evidence of superior intelligence, as frequently suggested in the other thread, is naïve in the extreme. Here is something gentle to get you started and be sure to scroll down far enough to see what an IQ weighed election would yield.

/\/\ Quite right. Financial collapse is a mathematical certainty and US will not be alone in experiencing it. When is the only unknown. How many more creative ways to go for Obama (or Romney) to capitalize the banks at the the expense of taxpayers?

Point 1: Believing there are meaningful differences between the major governing parties in US or Canada is suggestive of a politically immature mind.

On the truly important issues like immigration, wars, central banking, free trade (otherwise known as transferring manufacturing to the 3rd world) and restricting domestic freedoms the so-called right and left are one and the same. Such few differences as there may be are usually confined to pre election rhetoric and when there is a ‘change’ in power it is still business as usual, media dressing notwithstanding.

Speaking from a strict (proper) interpretation of the US constitution nearly every sitting president beginning with Woodrow Wilson ought to have been tried, convicted, and shot for treason.

Point 2: Believing that casting a vote for the magic, affirmative action man is evidence of superior intelligence, as frequently suggested in the other thread, is naïve in the extreme. Here is something gentle to get you started and be sure to scroll down far enough to see what an IQ weighed election would yield.

Deficit was never the issue, always borrow in times of financial hurt. Not raising the debt ceiling, that sound more like your people - which was btw the real reason you defaulted.

The two you aforementioned wouldn't cut defense spending or tax the rich, so explain to me how you cut the deficit when you don't have a revenue stream?

Obama, but I'd rather just not vote at all or vote for Ron Paul. Neither seems to have the balls to fix the real issues in that country. The problem is with the government itself. Wars, corruption, loss of basic rights etc.

Archived