#1 BernieMac

BernieMac

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=640458

Mason Raymond got listed in the "Just Missed" section for the top fantasy left wings in the league. Meaning Mason Raymond is in the top 50 left wingers?

Perhaps some are hating on him too much? I realize the list is about potential stats this year. Would sure be nice if Raymond lived up to that this year.

Also, David Booth is there at 39th. That gives us 3 LW in the top 50?

Gooo Canucks!!!

#2 Canuckian93

Canuckian93

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

Holy I thought booth should at least be in the top 10

#3 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

POPULAR

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=640458

Mason Raymond got listed in the "Just Missed" section for the top fantasy left wings in the league. Meaning Mason Raymond is in the top 50 left wingers?

Perhaps some are hating on him too much? I realize the list is about potential stats this year. Would sure be nice if Raymond lived up to that this year.

Also, David Booth is there at 39th. That gives us 3 LW in the top 50?

Gooo Canucks!!!

Him being a just missed means that that he is not one of the top 50 left wingers which means he is not one of the best 150 forwards in the league (when you factor in the top 50 C and LW). This means he sucks. Can everyone please just realize that he is aweful. This team will be better when he is not on it anymore.
"He'll play! You know he'll play! He'll play on crutches!"
"Adams shoots...SCORES!!! Greg Adams!!! Greg Adams!!!"
"They've slayed the dragon!!"

#4 CCF4E

CCF4E

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
Posted Image

Ehrhoff isn't from europe....

#5 Red-Haired_Shanks

Red-Haired_Shanks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

he hasnt been playing very good the past couple years. i wouldnt put him on the list at all tbh. rather put higgins up there
NHL! WHY YOU LOCKOUT!

#6 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

He needs to prove himself, and he will do just that this year. Haters can keep on hating, but he's on the team this year, so give him some support.
Posted Image

#7 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

POPULAR

They have James Neal 1st.
All credibility lost before the list even began.
Posted Image

#8 BernieMac

BernieMac

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

Him being a just missed means that that he is not one of the top 50 left wingers which means he is not one of the best 150 forwards in the league (when you factor in the top 50 C and LW). This means he sucks. Can everyone please just realize that he is aweful. This team will be better when he is not on it anymore.

You do realize there are 30 teams in the league, and each team plays 4 lines right? If our 3rd left winger depth wise is listed as having almost made the top 40 left wings, that is good. Right?

I mean 30 teams, 4 lines, that is 120 left wingers... But who knows, maybe Raymond will stink this year. The article just gave me a little more hope for him...

#9 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

POPULAR

He needs to prove himself, and he will do just that this year. Haters can keep on hating, but he's on the team this year, so give him some support.

How many chances should we give him? Seriously? I refuse to support him and have always hated the way he plays. He is a selfish player. He NEVER passes the puck. He takes poor percentage shots that never have a chance over passing to the open man. He can't skate properly, nor can he stay on his feet. He is afraid to go to the dirty areas. He sucks on Defence. Please...somebody tell me why we are supporting this plug? I cannot wait for the day that he is no longer on our team!

#10 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,919 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

How many chances should we give him? Seriously? I refuse to support him and have always hated the way he plays. He is a selfish player. He NEVER passes the puck. He takes poor percentage shots that never have a chance over passing to the open man. He can't skate properly, nor can he stay on his feet. He is afraid to go to the dirty areas. He sucks on Defence. Please...somebody tell me why we are supporting this plug? I cannot wait for the day that he is no longer on our team!

I think you just described Raymond perfectly.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#11 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

POPULAR

I always figured Booth for a right winger. Left wing types don't go shooting bears.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#12 Lups

Lups

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,503 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

Lame. DS should be number 1. Neal doesn't even play Left Wing :(

Kunitz - Malkin - Neal

Edited by Henrik Sedin, 28 August 2012 - 02:13 PM.

ifcoyb.jpg

Signature Credit goes to Vintage Canuck___________small.pngGM - STHS

NHL: Vancouver&Toronto / MLB: Toronto / NBA: Dallas / NFL: Philadelphia

#13 Sensemaker

Sensemaker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

Some meditation would do good...

#14 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

They have Marleau above Parise...
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#15 Wonder__Bread

Wonder__Bread

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

As soon as I saw James Neal above Daniel Sedin and Alexander the Great, I stopped reading.

Posted Image

#16 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

They have Marleau above Parise...

Well Parise is on Minnesota now, while Marleau is still playing with one of the best playmakers in the league Joe Thornton.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#17 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,319 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

POPULAR

Cmon man, like him or not this is sooooooooooooooooo wrong. He always looks to pass, especially compared to his line mates in Booth and Kes. Despite popular belief, and there are stats to prove, he can often be found close to the net causing problems for opposing defensemen. Just look at the Bos and LA series where he was the only noticeable threat. He is the fastest player on the team and among the best defensively.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 28 August 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#18 Lups

Lups

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,503 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

As soon as I saw James Neal above Daniel Sedin and Alexander the Great, I stopped reading.

Dude, Burrows is good but its james neal. And like Burrows, they shouldn't be in the top 50 LW because they both play RW now.

ifcoyb.jpg

Signature Credit goes to Vintage Canuck___________small.pngGM - STHS

NHL: Vancouver&Toronto / MLB: Toronto / NBA: Dallas / NFL: Philadelphia

#19 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

How does that work?
Every time someone suggests him in a trade at anything like his cap they are ridiculed.
Kevin.jpg

#20 Raph

Raph

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,571 posts

Agreed, the Canuck's brass have spent so much time on "lost projects", such as Raymond, Pyatt, and Bernier. Meanwhile, our patience was severely thin for players like Grabner and Hodgson.

Hansen was also given the short stick being regulated in the AHL, press box, or 4th line. He only became a regular in the lineup after the departure of Bernier and Pyatt.
Untouchables: Tanev, Jensen, Kassian
Mostly untouchable: Sedins (need someone to man the fort and no trade value)
Open to trade: Everyone else
Drive to airport: Bieksa, Edler

Bring back: Ehrhoff

#21 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,972 posts

I always figured Booth for a right winger. Left wing types don't go shooting bears.

Favourite post of the month :lol:
Posted Image

#22 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Cmon man, like him or not this is sooooooooooooooooo wrong. He always looks to pass, especially compared to his line mates in Booth and Kes. Despite popular belief, and there are stats to prove, he can often be found close to the net causing problems for opposing defensemen. Just look at the Bos and LA series where he was the only noticeable threat. He is the fastest player on the team and among the best defensively.

What games have you been watching?

#23 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

Neal.. :picard:
Posted Image

#24 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,943 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

Sounds about right. I would agree that Raymond is slightly better than the average NHL left winger - flame away haters - he's a good two-way forward who has understandably struggled, and is a below average cap hit. Booth at 39 puts him in the top 10 among 2nd line LWs - pretty generous imo. When you consider that the Canucks also have Higgins, who can do it all, and who I value more highly than Booth, particularly when you consider his cap hit - as well as Daniel, who is obviously in the top handful - and Burrows, who is a natural left winger playing the right side because of the Canucks over-balance on the left and lack of natural right wings - I'd say the Canucks are probably the best, deepest team in the NHL when it comes to that position.

#25 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,943 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

Dude, Burrows is good but its james neal. And like Burrows, they shouldn't be in the top 50 LW because they both play RW now.

"Dude" - Burrows is great, but I'd be willing to bet he's talking about Ovechkin.

#26 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,319 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

What games have you been watching?

Baltimore Ravens preseasoners

#27 Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • 14,152 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

You guys realize its FANTASY value?

Neal+Hartnell are 60+ point wingers who can accumulate 100+ PIMs.

You will be missed.

#28 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,384 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Him being a just missed means that that he is not one of the top 50 left wingers which means he is not one of the best 150 forwards in the league (when you factor in the top 50 C and LW).   This means he sucks.  Can everyone please just realize that he is aweful.  This team will be better when he is not on it anymore.

3 forwards per line * 4 lines * 30 teams= 360being close to the top 150 forwards means he is above average, so not he's far from an allstar but to say one of the best 200 forwards in the worldest best league sucks is a bit much.
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

#29 Grape

Grape

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6xWXQW7Wk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-xVoaRneNg

I'm not a Raymond fan nor a Raymond hater, I agree that he always falls down, but when did you get the idea that he's selfish and is bad on defence. Although Raymond is apparently a "sniper," because he skates fast, he isn't the selfish type of player you're talking about, if he is, he would've been traded a long time ago. He is also one of the best defensive wingers on our team, next to Burr and Hansen. Oh and about the shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5tiSwlGZsc

And remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bjYnMrhCQM

Edited by The Great Honey Badger, 28 August 2012 - 03:34 PM.

mj761l.jpg0007.gif0007.gif0007.gif0007.gif  

Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

Don't Click!

#30 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

Agreed, the Canuck's brass have spent so much time on "lost projects", such as Raymond, Pyatt, and Bernier. Meanwhile, our patience was severely thin for players like Grabner and Hodgson.

Hansen was also given the short stick being regulated in the AHL, press box, or 4th line. He only became a regular in the lineup after the departure of Bernier and Pyatt.

And look how good Hansen turned out, he's one of the best 3rd liners in the league because the Canucks didn't rush him and developed him properly.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.