#31 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,804 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

POPULAR

Like Luongo, he has been giving a hard time. I mean it wasn't so long ago that he had a breakout 50 point season. He had a rough season the year after and obviously last year his points went down again, and a big reason of that probably would be his back recovery. The same happened to Kesler and Manny and neither of them have been given the same treatment (by the fans) as Raymond has.

Also, may I point out that Raymond could (and reminds me of) be like Bieksa. Was hated for a few years and rumoured to be traded for 2-3 years, and then all of sudden had one strong year and since then has been one of the best d-man we've had. Raymond could very well be the same. He, like most young players (the guy is still only 26) needs a little work and developing and then he can be great for us. Lets not forget that Burrows was a guy that was in his late 20's before he became the great offensive player he is now. Some players take longer, let's just wish the guy the best and lay off him a bit, that may also help him focus a bit more.

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#32 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

They have Marleau above Parise...

I would too and I'm a fan of Parise

#33 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

It's nice. I hope he can turn it around. We'll see, if he doesn't he's gone.

Put on mass Raymond, quit fighting it.
Posted Image

#34 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Raymond <_<

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#35 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

If Raymond is just missed at $2.1 mill, imagine if many had their wish and we had traded Schneider for Malone and his salary ($5 mill by memory?)??? I can imagine the greeting he would actually get from CDC!

That should put in perspective that Raymond ain't that bad. He is a peripheral player, meaning he plays well off the talent of others and adds complimentary skills (speed, back checking, some goals). The key for his return is a return to play making effectiveness for Kesler (or someone else). The problem is guys expect him to carry a line, but he is not the guys that handles the puck.We all know he gets knocked down when he tries. We just have not had the balanced line up that guys like Raymond need.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=640458

Mason Raymond got listed in the "Just Missed" section for the top fantasy left wings in the league. Meaning Mason Raymond is in the top 50 left wingers?

Perhaps some are hating on him too much? I realize the list is about potential stats this year. Would sure be nice if Raymond lived up to that this year.

Also, David Booth is there at 39th. That gives us 3 LW in the top 50?

Gooo Canucks!!!

#36 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

They have James Neal 1st.
All credibility lost before the list even began.

oh man, that just started reminding me of the philly/pens playoff series. Epic gongshow. Crosby and Neal really showed their true colours.

#37 Ryanstorm

Ryanstorm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Him being a just missed means that that he is not one of the top 50 left wingers which means he is not one of the best 150 forwards in the league (when you factor in the top 50 C and LW). This means he sucks. Can everyone please just realize that he is aweful. This team will be better when he is not on it anymore.

Actually he is.. the list goes top 40. Then 10 "just missed" which completes the 50. The hate is strong. but I think MayRay can make a comeback.

10n8i06.jpg

#38 CrousettCanuck

CrousettCanuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

How many chances should we give him? Seriously? I refuse to support him and have always hated the way he plays. He is a selfish player. He NEVER passes the puck. He takes poor percentage shots that never have a chance over passing to the open man. He can't skate properly, nor can he stay on his feet. He is afraid to go to the dirty areas. He sucks on Defence. Please...somebody tell me why we are supporting this plug? I cannot wait for the day that he is no longer on our team!

I agree with you in terms of how he plays, but c'mon man, he is on the team, and we should support him. I want him to be the best he can, I want him to play as the best winger in the league, I want to see him shine. However, with that being said, if he keeps up his inconsistent foolish play, as any fan would want, he would need to be traded, simple as that.

For me, I hated to see Lu in net, but at the time of him being in net I would cheer him on, and wish to have him play that game to best of his capabilities because the possibility of that happening was and is still there. But, at the same time, I didn't expect that.

Cheer while they're here...treat em like a whore once they're out the door. Lol haha, Idk what to say for the second one.

#39 CrousettCanuck

CrousettCanuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

Like Luongo, he has been giving a hard time. I mean it wasn't so long ago that he had a breakout 50 point season. He had a rough season the year after and obviously last year his points went down again, and a big reason of that probably would be his back recovery. The same happened to Kesler and Manny and neither of them have been given the same treatment (by the fans) as Raymond has.

Also, may I point out that Raymond could (and reminds me of) be like Bieksa. Was hated for a few years and rumoured to be traded for 2-3 years, and then all of sudden had one strong year and since then has been one of the best d-man we've had. Raymond could very well be the same. He, like most young players (the guy is still only 26) needs a little work and developing and then he can be great for us. Lets not forget that Burrows was a guy that was in his late 20's before he became the great offensive player he is now. Some players take longer, let's just wish the guy the best and lay off him a bit, that may also help him focus a bit more.

Exactly, time will only tell and for now, because the opportunity for him to radically increase his play is there and will always be there you will never know. I'd like for him to be off the team, but once the season (HOPEFULLY) rolls around, and I see him on the ice I will cheer, but if he blows this season again, peace to Ray.

Edited by CrousettCanuck, 28 August 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#40 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

Dude, Burrows is good but its james neal. And like Burrows, they shouldn't be in the top 50 LW because they both play RW now.

I think "Alexander the Great" refers to Ovi, but he does play RW so you are partially correct

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#41 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

He needs to prove himself, and he will do just that this year. Haters can keep on hating, but he's on the team this year, so give him some support.

Hope he does. He had a great breakout year, then faded due to a lack of a willingness to go to the hard areas. Once you've had a good year, the league starts paying attention to you, it gets harder to score meaning you have to play in the tough areas. Some players have shown the ability to do this, Burrows, Kesler, Sedins etc. Raymond deserves a bye for last year given his horrific injury and his courage to come back.

This year however, as well all know is his make or break year to prove that one year was not a flash in the pan and that he is willing to take it hard to the net. His challenge has both been physical (size, which hopefully he has improved via some weight gain) and now mental given the injury.

I hope he can revive his career, it would be terrific for the team to have a 25 goal scorer re-emerge and only be paying him 2 mil a year, and great for a kid who deserves some support from our fickly, cry baby fans.

#42 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6xWXQW7Wk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-xVoaRneNg

I'm not a Raymond fan nor a Raymond hater, I agree that he always falls down, but when did you get the idea that he's selfish and is bad on defence. Although Raymond is apparently a "sniper," because he skates fast, he isn't the selfish type of player you're talking about, if he is, he would've been traded a long time ago. He is also one of the best defensive wingers on our team, next to Burr and Hansen. Oh and about the shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5tiSwlGZsc

And remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bjYnMrhCQM

I'm sorry but a clip of one good pass and one good snipe is not enough to convince me anything. That pass on the 2nd clip could've been done by any AHL player.

#43 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

He needs to prove himself, and he will do just that this year. Haters can keep on hating, but he's on the team this year, so give him some support.

Hell Yess!
Posted Image

#44 Grape

Grape

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

I'm sorry but a clip of one good pass and one good snipe is not enough to convince me anything. That pass on the 2nd clip could've been done by any AHL player.

I'm not trying to convince anybody that Raymond is a good passer and a good shooter or anything, I'm trying to prove that he is not selfish and doesn't always fail on shots.

mj761l.jpg0007.gif0007.gif0007.gif0007.gif  

Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

Don't Click!

#45 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

Agreed. These clips prove nothing.

Can you guys please take off the homer glasses and admit that Raymond is downright brutal out there. Anybody who knows anything about hockey can see that he brings nothing to the table. You guys say that he needs good players around him to be good. Newsflash: this is not the sign of a good player. Stop saying that Raymond has all of this untapped potential and just admit that maybe...just maybe.....he isn't all that good.

And for those of you that say he is good defensively, does nobody remembee the Kopitar breakaway blunder in the playoffs? You know, the Raymond play that made everybody want to simultaneously throw their remote, beer, and head through the TV screen in frustration....just aweful.

And fyi-I play beer league hockey and can do that spinorama move when we're screwing around so showing a clip of that really doesn't prove that Raymond is an asset to this team.
"He'll play! You know he'll play! He'll play on crutches!"
"Adams shoots...SCORES!!! Greg Adams!!! Greg Adams!!!"
"They've slayed the dragon!!"

#46 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

I cant stand Raymond's stupid spinorama move, he does it so badly it looks like it should be illegal.
Personally I think Raymond is a one-hit wonder (09/10), like Luongo in the playoffs (2007). All smoke, no fire.

#47 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

This is Raymond with confidence.
Posted Image

#48 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

Please stop talking about that damn Kopitar goal, he got juked hard by a top centre in the game trying a high risk play. CDC's golden boy Hamhuis did the same thing all series long, as did every other defenseman and the majority of our forwards. The difference is the rest of them cost us games and the series, Raymond did not.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 28 August 2012 - 07:48 PM.

#49 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,900 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-nbTWxEPCY

This is Raymond with confidence.

And that's Ballard having a brain fart. I bet even Tom Sestito would have the sense to just one-time tap it in.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#50 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

I cant stand Raymond's stupid spinorama move, he does it so badly it looks like it should be illegal.
Personally I think Raymond is a one-hit wonder (09/10), like Luongo in the playoffs (2007). All smoke, no fire.

they both need to go. hopefully in the same deal.
Posted Image

#51 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

Please stop talking about that damn Kopitar goal, he got juked hard by a top centre in the game trying a high risk play. CDC's golden boy Hamhuis did the same thing all series long, as did every other defenseman and the majority of our forwards. The difference is the rest of them cost us games and the series, Raymond did not.

No man. Kopitar didn't "juke" anyone on that play. All hedid was skate up the ice. I have yet to determine what the hell Raymond was doing there. Whatever it was, it sure wasnt good hockey. Shockingly bad on all levels. Dont you dare defend Raymond on that play. That was atrocious.

#52 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

No man. Kopitar didn't "juke" anyone on that play. All hedid was skate up the ice. I have yet to determine what the hell Raymond was doing there. Whatever it was, it sure wasnt good hockey. Shockingly bad on all levels. Dont you dare defend Raymond on that play. That was atrocious.

That was still the one game we won in the playoffs, and Raymond's only bad game of the series. If you wanna rip someone, rip our go-to defensemen Edler and Hamhuis for doing it several times and costing us the series.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 28 August 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#53 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

That was still the one game we won in the playoffs, and Raymond's only bad game of the series. If you wanna rip someone, rip our go-to defensemen Edler and Hamhuis for doing it several times and costing us the series.

The fact that we won the game does not give him a pass on that play. Thats like saying its fine for a goalie to let in 8 goals as long as we win 9-8. NO!! If that happened, we could all agree that the goalie played poorly, regardless of the win.

Look, i am not saying that he is the only one that sucked in the LA series. I'm still confused as to what happened to Edler in that series because he totally sucked. However, I am willing to forgive Edler because on more nights than not, Edler is very good.

And this is my point about Raymond: He is shockingly BAD on way more nights than he is good!

Yet everyone is quick to give him a second chance. Or better yet, "here ya go Raymond, you played like crap but we are gonna promote you to a line with the Sedin's".

I just don't get what this city and organization's fascination with this player is. The bottom line is, he isn't very good. I've watched him his whole career I've never got it. I don't like the way he plays and I want him off of our team! I believe I am entitled to this opinion.

#54 canuck cole

canuck cole

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:09 AM

I believe Raymond's playmaking abilities are severely underrated.

#55 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

NHL.com is just about the only place where he's going to get some lovin because it certainly isn't going to be on here :)
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#56 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

What are you talking about? I can only recall 1 play in the series where Hamhuis made a bad mistake and that was losing his balance on the Stoll OT goal. Hamhuis, next to Ballard were our best defensemen in that series, you're high if you think Hamhuis had anything to do with making several mistakes AND costing us the series.

Edited by ButterBean, 29 August 2012 - 02:27 AM.

#57 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:33 AM

Folks around these parts seem to have some mighty high expectations of a late second rounder with a broken neck.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#58 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,873 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

How many chances should we give him? Seriously? I refuse to support him and have always hated the way he plays. He is a selfish player. He NEVER passes the puck. He takes poor percentage shots that never have a chance over passing to the open man. He can't skate properly, nor can he stay on his feet. He is afraid to go to the dirty areas. He sucks on Defence. Please...somebody tell me why we are supporting this plug? I cannot wait for the day that he is no longer on our team!

Are you talking about Raymond, Kesler or Booth? That applied to Kesler and Booth more so last season.

The rest is blah, blah blah, following the lemming crap.
Posted Image

#59 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:39 AM

What are you talking about? I can only recall 1 play in the series where Hamhuis made a bad mistake and that was losing his balance on the Stoll OT goal. Hamhuis, next to Ballard were our best defensemen in that series, you're high if you think Hamhuis had anything to do with making several mistakes AND costing us the series.

Yes I am afraid Edler and Hamphuis did suck and did cost us. Hamphuis did it on two plays which cost a goal and game.
obviously the series too ..now I am just calling it what it is --overall I like these players but even the best players screw up just like each and every one of u that have been over critical on Mason.

Yes sometimes he falls to much but he is not what every one says he is, I think some of you must really be super people and have no flaws but I doubt it...This is the year he has to bring it, I sure hope he hits the weights so he is alittle bigger and stronger.

Prove the nay sayers wrong Mason- consistency is the key

Lets hope this year if we make the playoffs are heads are in it because last year was to many errors from great players.

#60 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,900 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:13 AM

Yes I am afraid Edler and Hamphuis did suck and did cost us. Hamphuis did it on two plays which cost a goal and game.
obviously the series too ..now I am just calling it what it is --overall I like these players but even the best players screw up just like each and every one of u that have been over critical on Mason.

Yes sometimes he falls to much but he is not what every one says he is, I think some of you must really be super people and have no flaws but I doubt it...This is the year he has to bring it, I sure hope he hits the weights so he is alittle bigger and stronger.

Prove the nay sayers wrong Mason- consistency is the key

Lets hope this year if we make the playoffs are heads are in it because last year was to many errors from great players.

First of, who the heck is 'Hamphus'? Second, Hamhuis* was no where near the reason why we lost to LA. If you blame him then you should look up a term called back checking. Because that's what Stoll did before he scored.

Now we most likely wouldn't be having this discussion right now if Raymond had stayed on his feet for a couple more seconds a few minutes before Stoll's goal.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.