Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Mason Raymond gets some NHL.com lovin'

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

#61 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:14 AM

Sorry, but he's not even a 20-goal scorer anymore and hasn't played at a 40-point pace in a while either. That's 3rd line material on any team so I suppose if there are 2 x 30 top-6 left wingers in the NHL, he should be around the 70 to 80th mark.
Posted Image

#62 GoNucksGo7

GoNucksGo7

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

Holy I thought booth should at least be in the top 10

Agreed. Maybe not that high, but I would rather have him than some of the guys in front of him on this list.

#63 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

raymond :picard:
Posted Image

#64 kesler17rulez

kesler17rulez

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

Neal is above Danny??? :bigblush: #fail

#65 Canucks R' Legit

Canucks R' Legit

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

How many chances should we give him? Seriously? I refuse to support him and have always hated the way he plays. He is a selfish player. He NEVER passes the puck. He takes poor percentage shots that never have a chance over passing to the open man. He can't skate properly, nor can he stay on his feet. He is afraid to go to the dirty areas. He sucks on Defence. Please...somebody tell me why we are supporting this plug? I cannot wait for the day that he is no longer on our team!

I'm not a Mason Raymond lover but i'm not a hater either. You're retarded if you think he never passes the puck, i'll admit there are TONS of times where he hold on to it too long but to be honest, i believe raymond is one of the most clever passers on the team. He has got some hockey smarts. Obviously you can't beat the Sedins and we got a few others as well but when he wasn't trying to be the allstar i was impress with what i see as potential. Like come on, if you think its easy to come back from a sports injury, you obviously don't play sports. He gets greedy, weak on the puck, and doesn't go to the dirty area, you are right about that. If you watch closely though, he does show some potential and could possibly be a good asset this year if things come together. He's not going to get more than 20 goals and 50ish points but to me, anywhere around that i'll take..
Haters Gon Hate.

Edited by Canucks R' Legit, 29 August 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#66 Stix

Stix

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

You guys realize its FANTASY value?

Neal+Hartnell are 60+ point wingers who can accumulate 100+ PIMs.

Just when I thought all CDC'ers couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourselves!

#67 Stix

Stix

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

Fantasy hockey

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Posted Image This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (October 2010)
Fantasy hockey is a form of fantasy sport where players build a team that competes with other players who do the same, based on the statistics generated by professional hockey players or teams. The majority of fantasy hockey pools are based on the teams and players of the National Hockey League (NHL).
A typical fantasy hockey league or hockey pool has 8 - 12 teams but often have as many as 20. Other types of pools may have a greater number of teams, which may dilute the average talent making it more or less fun depending on the league, but also represents more closely the actual NHL, which currently has 30 teams. Other forms of fantasy hockey may allow an unlimited number of teams, whereby any number of owners may draft the same player(s). These typically have a restricted number of "trades" where one player may simply be exchanged for any other in the player pool, typically of the same position.

Contents
[hide]

[edit]Rules

The most common way for choosing NHL players or teams to comprise a fantasy team is via a draft, either online or in person. However, the method ranges from basic (picking from comparable players who are grouped in boxes) to complicated (i.e. 'auction' style).
[edit]Team structure

Most office hockey pools (or fantasy leagues) keep the teams simple - merely choose 12 or 15 or 20 skaters from any position, most points win. However, as the fantasy hockey league becomes more realistic, it takes on the appearance of actual NHL teams.
One common format of a fantasy team (rotisserie style) is: [edit]Point scoring

Common categories in which the fantasy owners collect points include:
  • Assists
  • Plus/Minus (+/-)
  • Penalty Minute
  • Power Play Points
  • Game-Winning Goals
  • Faceoffs Won
  • Shots On Goal
  • Wins (Goalie)
  • Goals Against Average (Goalie)
  • Save Percentage (Goalie)
  • Shutouts (Goalie)
  • Hat Tricks
"Points" (which is goals plus assists) is the most common measure of a fantasy hockey team's performance.
[edit]Types of fantasy hockey leagues

[edit]Daily Fantasy Hockey

Daily fantasy hockey is a new niche in the fantasy sports industry. Like traditional fantasy sports, players draft a team of real world athletes who then score fantasy points according to set scoring rules. However instead of being stuck with the same team through a whole season, daily fantasy sports contests last just one day. Daily fantasy sports is quicker and more numbers-driven. Daily fantasy sports websites do not compete for the same players as traditional sports games, but instead market themselves as complementing traditional fantasy sports.
[edit]Head-to-Head

In a 'Head-to-Head' league fantasy owners are matched against each other weekly in one on one duels. The owners attempt to win as many categories as possible per week, with their weekly scores to be added to their cumulative score. It is the only league that offers a bracket-style playoff format at the end of the regular season.
There is now a Head-to-Head Points system, that combines the concepts of the two. It provides weekly matchups and opponents where each player tries to accumulate the most points. Points are earned from each stat, which are individually assigned a specific amount. For instance, a goal could be worth 3 points and an assist worth 2 points.
[edit]Points

A 'Points' league is one in which point multipliers are assigned to certain categories and all owners try to accumulate points by scoring in these categories without the weekly competition. For instance, if 10 points are awarded for a goal and 5 for an assist, a manager who selects a player who scores 10 goals and 30 assists will collect 100 plus 150 points for a total of 250 points. Points are awarded for multiple scoring categories in the same fashion.
[edit]Rotisserie

A 'Rotisserie' league is one in which teams are ranked in order from best to worst. In a 10 team league with 10 categories, the maximum number of points a team can earn is 100 (by finishing 1st in each category). The least is 10, by finishing last and collecting only 1 point per category. Rotisserie leagues are likely the most strategic type of fantasy pool and reward managers whose team has strong, balanced scoring across all categories.
[edit]Express League

An 'Express League' offers contests with shorter timeframes than traditional season-long fantasy leagues. The rules are usually the same as the 'Points' league. Games timeframe could be from 1 day to 1 week or even more sometime.
[edit]Keeper Leagues

Any fantasy hockey pool that "rolls over" into other years is called a "Keeper" or "Dynasty" league. The leagues can be run each year in any of the above formats with a winner declared at the end of each season. At the end of the year team managers decide which players they wish to protect (the number varies - from protecting and keeping all players, to keeping as few as three or four players). Before the NHL season opener, a fantasy draft is held to fill out the rest of the roster.
Many keeper leagues, as well as some single season leagues, have adopted salary cap rules similar to the NHL. In a "Salary Cap League", a salary is assigned to each player before the manager selects his team. Salaries are usually determined by the NHL player's real salary. Otherwise a number value is assigned - usually by an online hockey pool program - or it is determined through an auction process. Each manager must ensure that they do not go over the predefined salary cap when selecting players.
Also some leagues have introduced a rookie draft into their fantasy league. By using the rankings from the last season to determine the draft order last place gets 1st pick and so on. Also in some leagues trading picks is also allowed.
[edit]History

One of the first known fantasy hockey leagues was formed in 1981 by Jay Arbour (son of legendary New York Islanders Coach Al Arbour) and Neil Smith (who served as GM of the NY Rangers from 1989–2000).[1] The league also included sportscasters Howie Rose and Sam Rosen, among others.
[edit]References

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=587686

#68 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

Holy I thought booth should at least be in the top 10

?????, Top ten. Now I like the Canucks as well but there are 40+ left wingers I would trade booth for in a heartbeat if the cap hit was not a factor.

Edit: OK 30+

Edited by Nino, 29 August 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#69 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

Cmon man, like him or not this is sooooooooooooooooo wrong. He always looks to pass, especially compared to his line mates in Booth and Kes. Despite popular belief, and there are stats to prove, he can often be found close to the net causing problems for opposing defensemen. Just look at the Bos and LA series where he was the only noticeable threat. He is the fastest player on the team and among the best defensively.

Ballard is the fastest player on the team.

Just sayin :/
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#70 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:44 AM

love the raymond hate keep it up can't wait intill the season when he proves all you unloyal fans wrong
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#71 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:21 AM

?????, Top ten. Now I like the Canucks as well but there are 40+ left wingers I would trade booth for in a heartbeat if the cap hit was not a factor.

Edit: OK 30+

No you were right the first time ..........40 :)
Kevin.jpg

#72 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:27 AM

Ballard is the fastest player on the team.

Just sayin :/

Was KB4 making a turn and carrying the puck at the time. Sorry these demos don't count, there is no way KB4 is faster in game conditions that Raymond.............just sayin' :)
PS I think you might find also that the same player was coming back off an injury which cut down on most of his abilities at that time, I doubt if he was properly up to speed.
Kevin.jpg

#73 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

Raymond is hated too much by people.
While I don't think he's a legitimate 2nd liner,
a return to form wouldn't be to surprising.

If he plays close to a full season, he'll probably net in the 40-45pt range,
while receiving little PP TOI, compared to his 50+point season.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.