The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cody Hodgson, Unforgotten Canuck

Yolo764

Lol at all these people bashing CoHo.

I never heard him once say anything negative about the team or the city, he showed nothing but class and maturity in his interviews and play. His peers said nothing but good things about him. He was and will be a great player.

MG royally screwed up his trade, didn't get appropriate value back, and as the team stands we are in need of a 3rd line center who can step up to the second line. Hmm who fits that criteria???? DOH!

Gillis acts like a butthurt girl after realizing his mistake and throws a rookie under the bus on TV to divert attention from his stupidity. Kassian is great and i think he will do well, but this whole "whiny didn't want to be here" crap is all just a Gillis fabrication. If it's not, then that just means he got absolutely played by a 22 year old.

he will be missed, and will do well in buffalo, but i agree that the whining over the trade (on both sides) needs to stop (not what this thread started off as, but has devolved into).

as for the video, good stuff, but why is it such now resolution?

I still call B.S. on the whole Hodgson is a whiner, baby, etc. This guy was praised for his leadership and class throughout his entire life from all of his junior hockey coaches and teammates and he suddenly gains an ego? If anything, it was the fault of both sides that caused this trade.

I find that everyone here who calls coho a whiny little bitch are the same people who say fire AV.

So what would you rather do fire AV or trade coho because AV was not playing him at all when you give for a game you love all your life you don't want to ride pine you want to play. I guess the moral is here at CDC it does not matter what you say you will be flamed.

Well flame away

Seems like he was just being careful not to put any backfire on Gillis, whatever the reasons, Cody kept it in house.

Pahlsson was garbage in the playoffs, the plan sounded right but yet again we lacked scoring. He could have been acquired regardless of trading Cody or not if they really felt he was a liability. So what if he's sub par defensively, plenty of great players are, not like a rookie can improve on something right?

Lacked grit?? i don't recall him taking repeated punches from anyone half his size like others on this team, Kassian didn't exactly make us bad to the bone in Keith's nor LA's eyes. Cody is a skilled player, it's his job to score and make plays, something he was damn good at doing. The lack of respect for veterans?? I haven't heard anything from his mouth nor his teammates to suggest that, all just Gillis' implying it. Shredder nor any of our other center prospects are on an NHL level like Cody, he is far more proven than any of them and Kassian combined.

I'm not arguing the trade, i was pretty stoked when it happened. It's just stupid to see everyone turn on a promising rookie because our Manager didn't like him and slandered his name. All because he couldn't handle the scrutiny of making a dumb trade after telling us he is capable of making tough calls. What a joke.

I find that everyone here who calls coho a whiny little bitch are the same people who say fire AV.

So what would you rather do fire AV or trade coho because AV was not playing him at all when you give for a game you love all your life you don't want to ride pine you want to play. I guess the moral is here at CDC it does not matter what you say you will be flamed.

Well flame away

CDC really needed another one of these threads.

The Canucks had and still have more depth at center than they did and do at right wing - and happened to land a premier young power forward /right winger at the position they have the least depth - Gillis got better than appropriate value.

The rest of your post is also denial.

Pahlsson was an upgrade, and Schroeder will more than fill the third line role (if the Canucks don't add another center in a Luongo deal) now that the slow, defensively challenged, rookie who lacked grit and respect for the veterans on his club, got what he wanted and was shipped back east. The Canucks just drafted another two promising young centers as well (as did Buffalo, who were still looking for the "right centerman" after Hodgson disappointed, so, who are we missing here?

You obviously missed a great deal of the context leading up to the trade. There are plenty of threads you can read to fill yourself in. You may want to start with the ice-time controversy, or his agent's letter in response to PITB blog.

Pahlsson played well here - people who claim otherwise weren't paying much attention - the third line was the best line in his time here.

Give "Shredder" a chance.

I'd take my chances with Gaunce's future over Hodgson's any day. Hodgson is about as proven as any other guy who has scored 40 points in his NHL career... as proven as his upside is, equally proven is his inability to play in his own end.

I'm not going to crucify anyone for competing for ice time, nor how their manager acts. Again, nothing disrespectful has been said publicly, nor proven to come directly from Cody. This whole BS hatred seems to have started by too many people reading and believing that context.

Pahlsson played well here - people who claim otherwise weren't paying much attention - the third line was the best line in his time here.

Hodgson is about as proven as any other guy who has scored 40 points in his NHL career... as proven as his upside is, equally proven is his inability to play in his own end.

Archived