239 replies to this topic

#61 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

You mean like how MG said the trade was about getting "balance" for our play off run?

Oh, that did not sell...

Then MG said it was"about the future," presumably to divert pressure from Kassian?

Then it was Hodgson was a bigger headache than all other players put together, for over 3 years.

Now its presumed he asked for a trade...

Then we "pumped up his #'s to make him trade able." Nobody remembers CoHo was an offensive player, now put in offensive situations for the first time in his career??? He had a right to be mad! And led our team in scoring for that month, our best month of the year in January. And Coho scored clutch goal after clutch goal. While our offensive leaders slumped... And then we slumped when we returned him to plugger duty. Who would blame him if he was pissed?

I don't know, remember the way Hodgson avoided the questions about whether he asked for a trade or not?

#62 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,418 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

Nope,never saw it but his quote is all over the media for all to see.

Updated: May 1, 2012, 11:33 PM

Gary Roberts is still passionate in his defense of Cody Hodgson. But he said today he shouldn't have used the word "moron" while fighting back against Hodgson's former general manager.

Speaking with Sportsnet 590 The Fan in Toronto, Roberts said he's sorry for his word selection while sticking up for Hodgson against comments made by Canucks GM Mike Gillis.

"I absolutely apologize," Roberts told the AM radio station. "It's a long story. I apologize for using that word. I should not have used that word. Obviously, emotion was part of my game, as you guys know, and sometimes I didn't always make the right choice. As you can see, I'm still not making the right choices in maybe that word selection.

"But I felt that the time that I've spent with Cody Hodgson these last three years, to see the type of person he is and the commitment he's made to getting healthy and being the player that everybody expected him to be, I really felt strongly to make a stand for that young man the other day."

Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 vwnuck

vwnuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

why is this in canucks talk? he is not a canuck anymore!!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#64 EvoLu7ioN

EvoLu7ioN

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

:)
Posted Image

#65 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

I was one of Cody's hugest supporters and absolutely loved what he did for Canada in the World Jrs. Far and above the MVP over Tavares in that one, they totally got it wrong.

Regardless, a young number 10 pick from 2008 was traded for a young number 13 pick from 2009. This happens in hockey and it's a very fair hockey trade, similar asset swap that addressed needs on both teams. You guys need to get over it. Obviously there was something, whatever it was, going on behind the scenes.

Say what you want about MG but he is not one to give up on someone or not give them a fair shot (Raymond anyone), or throw them under the bus, especially his highest draft choice ever. Having said that I think the usually diplomatic lawyer in MG had enough when he let comments slip about why Cody was traded. I believe that Cody did bring more problems than the rest of the team and it appears he had a tough time growing up and accepting a team culture, whether that had more to do with his father is non relevant. You can also forget about what the team had to say about him, they blow smoke up each other's arses all day long. It's politics. At the end of the day he was shipped out in order to better the Vancouver Canucks.

I would suggest all the butt hurt folk out there to accept that you do not manage the Canucks and that Cody is not yours to trade or hold on to. Also, give Kassian this year to prove himself. One benefit of the trade is we have a player that has one more year on his ELC, this is the year to start comparing him to Cody, not last year for all you meatballs that say he didn't deliver as expected.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#66 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

I am trying very hard not to burst out laughing.
Posted Image

#67 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,484 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

Cody who?

Give it a rest people.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#68 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

You mean the un-wanted-whiney-bitch canuck, get over it hes gone, got traded, and did poorly on a crappy team as to be expected.

You mad bro?

#69 vwnuck

vwnuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

You mean like how MG said the trade was about getting "balance" for our play off run?

Oh, that did not sell...

Then MG said it was"about the future," presumably to divert pressure from Kassian?

Then it was Hodgson was a bigger headache than all other players put together, for over 3 years.

Now its presumed he asked for a trade...

Then we "pumped up his #'s to make him trade able." Nobody remembers CoHo was an offensive player, now put in offensive situations for the first time in his career??? He had a right to be mad! And led our team in scoring for that month, our best month of the year in January. And Coho scored clutch goal after clutch goal. While our offensive leaders slumped... And then we slumped when we returned him to plugger duty. Who would blame him if he was pissed?

good riddance.... sick of hearing about this crybaby...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#70 kesler17rulez

kesler17rulez

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

great...just stopped thinking about him...now I'm gonna cry :'( thanks a lot! miss you Cody!

#71 Nancouver

Nancouver

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

Cody was awsome

#72 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

you spelled his name wrong...

and not even his LAST name.. you spelled CODY wrong. :picard: (watch the last few seconds of the vid)

edit: you ALSO spelled his last name wrong...

Priceless. That is too good! Great tribute to 'Chody Hodgeson'. That is just awesome.
"He'll play! You know he'll play! He'll play on crutches!"
"Adams shoots...SCORES!!! Greg Adams!!! Greg Adams!!!"
"They've slayed the dragon!!"

#73 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

I need hockey :towel:

:towel:
Posted Image

#74 mj vic

mj vic

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

why is this in canucks talk? he is not a canuck anymore!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more!

#75 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

Posted Image

Subbancopy.jpg

#76 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

I will remenber Cody Hodgson as a self centered, immature but talented player who never bought into being a Vancouver Canuck. He needed his daddy to call the shots, he figured that he could be an instant star without working his way up.
I can excuse his immaturity but he doesn't deserve to be called a Canuck......maybe an anti-Canuck. I hope that when we play against him, Kassian will lay a big hit on him and show him how a real Canuck plays.

Edited by bluesman60, 29 August 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#77 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

I will remenber Cody Hodgson as a self centered, immature but talented player who never bought into being a Vancouver Canuck. He needed his daddy to call the shots, he figured that he could be an instant star without working his way up.
I can excuse his immaturity but he doesn't deserve to be called a Canuck......maybe an anti-Canuck. I hope that when we play against him, Kassian will lay a big hit on him and show him how a real Canuck plays.

YES!! then Kesler will dive infront of him, look up and say "thats what it takes to get top center minutes here punk!" then complain excessively to the refs about why the entire buffalo team hasn't been ejected for not washing the smell out of their gloves. That'll teach him.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 29 August 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#78 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,194 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

let me guess, you also remember Bure as a self centered primadonna who hated the city and wanted to chase the money and screw over the fans too.

#79 AbbyNucksFan

AbbyNucksFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

you spelled his name wrong...

and not even his LAST name.. you spelled CODY wrong. :picard: (watch the last few seconds of the vid)

good video tho

edit: you ALSO spelled his last name wrong...

LOL
Posted Image

Credit to LostViking for the sig! Thanks!

#80 ahf149

ahf149

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

Lol at all these people bashing CoHo.

I never heard him once say anything negative about the team or the city, he showed nothing but class and maturity in his interviews and play. His peers said nothing but good things about him. He was and will be a great player.

MG royally screwed up his trade, didn't get appropriate value back, and as the team stands we are in need of a 3rd line center who can step up to the second line. Hmm who fits that criteria???? DOH!

Gillis acts like a butthurt girl after realizing his mistake and throws a rookie under the bus on TV to divert attention from his stupidity. Kassian is great and i think he will do well, but this whole "whiny didn't want to be here" crap is all just a Gillis fabrication. If it's not, then that just means he got absolutely played by a 22 year old.

I actually know someone who works in the Canucks organization, and he begs to differ. Just saying.
Life is short, LIVE IT

#81 BombaySeven

BombaySeven

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

I was one of Cody's hugest supporters and absolutely loved what he did for Canada in the World Jrs. Far and above the MVP over Tavares in that one, they totally got it wrong.

Regardless, a young number 10 pick from 2008 was traded for a young number 13 pick from 2009. This happens in hockey and it's a very fair hockey trade, similar asset swap that addressed needs on both teams. You guys need to get over it. Obviously there was something, whatever it was, going on behind the scenes.

Say what you want about MG but he is not one to give up on someone or not give them a fair shot (Raymond anyone), or throw them under the bus, especially his highest draft choice ever. Having said that I think the usually diplomatic lawyer in MG had enough when he let comments slip about why Cody was traded. I believe that Cody did bring more problems than the rest of the team and it appears he had a tough time growing up and accepting a team culture, whether that had more to do with his father is non relevant. You can also forget about what the team had to say about him, they blow smoke up each other's arses all day long. It's politics. At the end of the day he was shipped out in order to better the Vancouver Canucks.

I would suggest all the butt hurt folk out there to accept that you do not manage the Canucks and that Cody is not yours to trade or hold on to. Also, give Kassian this year to prove himself. One benefit of the trade is we have a player that has one more year on his ELC, this is the year to start comparing him to Cody, not last year for all you meatballs that say he didn't deliver as expected.

This is it completely. Full Marks on this post.

#82 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,359 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

Pahlsson was garbage in the playoffs, the plan sounded right but yet again we lacked scoring. He could have been acquired regardless of trading Cody or not if they really felt he was a liability. So what if he's sub par defensively, plenty of great players are, not like a rookie can improve on something right?

Phalsson scored the one goal that Cody might have got.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#83 Beaken

Beaken

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

I love how he's called a cry baby and a whiner. "who does he think he is doing asking for more ice time as a rookie"

Any team management should be happy to have guys that are hungry to be on the ice as much as possible. Especially a guy that will obviously produce when given the extra minutes.

It makes me sick to hear you knobs talk about how Cody's dad and agent called crying about how he deserves more ice time. As for his agent of course he would call and say that, any Canuck fan could see he deserved it!
The part about his dad gets my goat, I've yet to see any quote from his family regarding his ice time.

Personally I hope the nucks and sabers meet in a do or die situation and Cody pumps the winner. I always was a fan and always will be, no matter what Gillis has to say about him.

I cringe to think how long it takes before I see Kassian is a bust.

Edited by Beaken, 29 August 2012 - 12:30 PM.

#84 Cup2013?

Cup2013?

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

this is my new tribute of cody hodgson, i really miss him

Can you do a Brandon Reid one?!

#85 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

I really hope this post is removed from the main board. The whole situation with Cody was bad right from the beginning. His injury was not dealt with well and AV just drove his foot right through his big mouth. Too many expectations for a challenging teams' #1 prospect.

Cody will be a very good player one day, but it was destined to be on another team.

The constent bashing of this young man is making fans look bad. Time to move on.

If Kassian turns out to be half as good as the homeboys think, it will be an acceptable trade.

Edited by higgyfan, 29 August 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#86 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

I love how he's called a cry baby and a whiner. "who does he think he is doing asking for more ice time as a rookie"

Any team management should be happy to have guys that are hungry to be on the ice as much as possible. Especially a guy that will obviously produce when given the extra minutes.

It makes me sick to hear you knobs talk about how Cody's dad and agent called crying about how he deserves more ice time. As for his agent of course he would call and say that, any Canuck fan could see he deserved it!
The part about his dad gets my goat, I've yet to see any quote from his family regarding his ice time.

Personally I hope the nucks and sabers meet in a do or die situation and Cody pumps the winner. I always was a fan and always will be, no matter what Gillis has to say about him.

I cringe to think how long it takes before I see Kassian is a bust.

The Sabres are Beakoning you ..get friggin lost.

#87 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,940 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

1. For almost all those highlight goals, he had to be wide-open to score.
2. He'll never be forgotten, just like how Grabner will never be forgotten. In that his name will be brought up when he gets hot.
3. The biggest positive was of course his goal against the Bruins. But that game to me emphasized our weaknesses more than our strengths. We got brutally manhandled. So perhaps Hodgson for Kassian made a bit of sense, even if it was a forced trade. We'll see.
4. This hit is almost never brought up when discussing Coho's brief time as a Canuck. He was playing a top-6 role at the time on the road. You're going to have to expect some of this:

You might knock his offensive potential as not being a Cody's level, but Kassian's a man. No way he lets Foligno do that to him.
Posted Image

#88 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,940 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

What bothers me more about these 'Huge Cody Hodgson Fans' coming out of the woodwork after the trade is that a lot of them have to admit that he didn't look all that great for the bulk of his time as a Canuck.

This 'Unforgotten Canuck' sure had a pretty forgettable time here, actually.
Posted Image

#89 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

Sure did.I think it had something to do with the ice time despite being a Canuck scoring machine in mid season.

VANCOUVER — We'll probably never know what hurt more for Cody Hodgson: being unhealthy or being maligned?
Right now he is neither, and right now is all Hodgson cares about.
Right now is better than anyone thought.
With 29 points in 49 games, including nine in nine before Hodgson's shootout winner Tuesday gave the Canucks a 3-2 win against the Edmonton Oilers, the 21-year-old is on pace to be the highest-scoring Vancouver rookie in nearly 20 years.
Hodgson already has more points than Selke Trophy-winning teammate Ryan Kesler had during his first full season in the National Hockey League in 2005-06. Hodgson has equalled by the All-Star break the 29 points Hart Trophy-winning teammate Henrik Sedin amassed in 2000-01. Barring injury, he'll soar past the 34 points Ted Lindsay Award-winning Daniel Sedin collected that same season in Vancouver.
So, let's just say Cody Hodgson is going to be a good NHL player. And let's admit also that in a picture broad enough to encompass Hodgson's gong-show season two years ago, when there was more real or imagined melodrama than anything on daytime television, his emergence is just short of stunning to everyone but him.
“I grew up with a lot of very good players in this league,” Hodgson said Tuesday before listing off fellow Toronto-area rinkrats like John Tavares, Steve Stamkos, Michael Del Zotto, Jeff Skinner, Alex Pietrangelo, PK Subban. “I knew when they had success [in the NHL], that some day when I was healthy and everything was worked out, I could play. And I just kind of kept that in the back of my mind. Eventually, I knew I could play.”

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz24yJVlqfm

#90 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

Not a Canuck. Not Canuck's Talk. Move on, people.

OP should do a Kassian Tribute, or something.

Chody Hodgeson... :lol:

:towel: :canucks:

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.