The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you honestly believe we improved enough?

Bossy

Employee is still peddling his theory that AV really did not mean what he said because Gillis said so.

Then there is his 'he did not make a 'public statement or demand' that he wants to be traded theory that he clings to.

Finally,there is the theory of 'things will be the same as last year' as Luo rides the pine behind the usurper.

It is like everything that has been done and said is not sticking to his brain,kind of the same denial Gillis has going.

Employee is still peddling his theory that AV really did not mean what he said because Gillis said so.

Then there is his 'he did not make a 'public statement or demand' that he wants to be traded theory that he clings to.

Finally,there is the theory of 'things will be the same as last year' as Luo rides the pine behind the usurper.

It is like everything that has been done and said is not sticking to his brain,kind of the same denial Gillis has going.

How do you not see this? The entry-level sophomore supplanted the gold-medal winning, massive contract veteran. It doesn't benefit the Canucks to allocate $5.2M of their cap to a guy who both doesn't want to be there and would be playing 25% of the games. This is why Drew Bledsoe never played another game for the Patriots, after getting injured, when Tom Brady waltzed in as a backup and led them to a Super Bowl.

Get it?!?

I think our problem last year was scoring on the power play.

Another problem was that we were too predicable at times. The other team's D would back off the Sedins and let them play pass the puck in the corners all night long, while collapsing to the net anytime a shot from the point or half boards was made.

I thought I already did elaborate. If Gillis decides he's not going to make the trade and Luongo is going to have to battle for the starting position (which is something I believe Gilman has said is a possibility) then Luongo has a choice. He can battle for his position, or he can soften up his perceived position. Again my opinion is you're interpreting this entire thing far more combative than it and turning into some war but really I haven't seen anything that suggest that. If however it is then all Gillis has to do is stop playing the game. Luongo has most of the cards but you're acting as if he has all the cards.

I don't give a rat's ass about Mike Gillis, have never met the man and couldn't care less if I ever do. I call things like I see things. This was an obvious mistake that had been shaping up for years - Schneider should've been traded shortly after Luongo was signed to the extension that he was. The 3 year festering that occurred was not sustainable, and when you've got 2 of the top 10 goalies in the league on your roster, something's bound to blow up. And it has. In Gillis' face.

Guys like you, EOTM, simply cannot and will not admit to your GM making a mistake, like it somehow makes you less of a fan to do so, which is childish. There are people on this board, I think you're one of them, that still see nothing wrong with the Keith Ballard acquisition, still don't think that Michael Grabner could benefit us, etc. Christian Ehrhoff was an amazing defenceman, then he signed with Buffalo, and the next day he somehow found himself being labeled around here as both "soft" and as a "defensive liability". Jason Garrison is being trumpeted as the greatest signing of the summer. It's just annoying to hear/see such obviously biased thought pervading this board.

Hard to say. I don't know too much about Garrison. Looks to have a good shot, but other than that don't know enough about him to comment. Salo will be hugely missed, just hope Garrison can fill those shoe's at the very least. Salo had a great shot but was a lot more than that. Did so many small things and was a great d-man without having to play the physical game which at times can be nice to have.

I really don't think we ever had to improve our talent; we're plenty talented already. What have always needed, and still lack, is a little muscle on the third and fourth lines.

Sadly, Gillis seems oblivious to the necessity to make this minor, low cost lineup adjustment and we risk watching our proverbial "window close" over this seemingly obvious minor flaw that becomes more critical come playoff time.

It is game 5 vs. LA.

Daniel is hurried back with a concussion.

It has been known since February that Kes needs surgery on his shoulder.

Edler is contemplating surgery on his hand from having his fingers broken with a Boston slash from the SCF's.

Bieksa was said to be injured to the point he needed rest.

Two of your top four D and two top 4 forwards already injured and this is the time to ostracize Luo and make it known Cory is your #1.

Player management skills at their finest.

That's the thing with some people and it's sad. They want to see Gillis fail so badly that they want to see the Canucks fail and will be pissed of if they succeed. There are some people now who trashed Luongo hard but now sing his praises so that they can "stick it" to Gillis. Whenever this is brought up however they always use the excuse that they want to see the team fail now so that it will succeed later; which essentially is a pretty big line of bull.

Ah,Gump,your argument was Edler AND the Twins-like for days you repeatedly threatened to kick me out of your CDC family if I did not recognise your position and standing.

Hamhuis and Bieksa play first line D for the Canucks,Gump.

Garrison is not guaranteed any time with the Twins at this point in time is the crux of the issue.

Yeah,Garrison and Edler are going to play alone against all other NHL teams,Gump.

That is a valid basis to tether your thesis.

Archived