The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you honestly believe we improved enough?

Bossy

Coach 'misspoke' on Luongo trade: GM

Gillis says Vigneault later corrected comment that goalie wants fresh start elsewhere

"Yeah I've seen that and my first impression was the same as yours except for that as I pointed out earlier Gillis quickly corrected AV and AV explained his comment was a little lost in translation. " Employee

We have all seen what Gillis did and it is obvious who told the truth.

As you incorrectly implied,his +/- does not define his defensive capablilites when racking up serious points with an offensively gifted Norris contender.

However,Garrison is said to be a positionally astute defender so he should provide the team with Hamhuis 'B' type play.

He will need to play alongside a Norris capable defender to duplicate his scoring feat so let's hope Edler can mesh with him.

Gump,give it a rest.

Edler is not Brian Campbell consistent or calibre.

Garrison will not play first line minutes on the Canucks.

Campbell has been awarded a Lady Byng (first d man in 59 years to do so) and earned a Stanley Cup and has captained an NHL club.

"You may hope he doesn't so you can come on these forums and say, "I told you so", but you don't know."

Gump to King of ES.

"If his results of last season were because of his defensive partner, Campbell, then Garrison should be able to do quite well being paired with Edler.."Gump

The irony is that you have no idea that Campbell is twice the D man that Edler is.

The further irony is in your implying that Edler is comparable to Campbell when 38 year old Salo scored more PP goals on the second unit than Eddy in 13 fewer games while Eddy ate up first line PP time all season long.

I hope that Eddy can up his game playing with Garrison.It may turn out to be a great pairing.

The irony is that you have no idea that Campbell is twice the D man that Edler is.

The further irony is in your implying that Edler is comparable to Campbell when 38 year old Salo scored more PP goals on the second unit than Eddy in 13 fewer games while Eddy ate up first line PP time all season long.

I hope that Eddy can up his game playing with Garrison.It may turn out to be a great pairing.

Campbell is a number one NHL elite d man.Edler is not.

Doing 'quite well' offers little to nothing up for substance or debate,Gump.

In time,Edler may become an elite d man such as Campbell,but there is a long way to go.

Last year,Garrison's d partner had three penalties all year long,so Garrison was gifted with a cerebral partner of immense talent that was never left his side-he was always there to support Garrison on every shift of every game.

This year,Edler will be racking up his usual 30-50 minutes of penalties and Garrison will not be paired with a gifted Norris candidate at any point in time,especially when he goes out with a number five and six d man.

Garrison has four years of pro experience and Edler has six.

Campbell has 18 years of pro hockey experience.

Does Garrison stand a chance at elevating his stats with the Sedins on the PP? Of course,if he even finds a permanent role with them there.That is certainly debatable at this point in time.

He is a defensive d man.I think Garrison would stand a lot better chance of elevating his game-and stats-alongside Keith Ballard.

Archived