The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Samsung pays Apple one billion in coins

uber_pwnzor

I'm not sure if it's true, but if it is, then I immediately will get a Samsung phone!

Samsung Pays Apple $1 Billion Sending 30 Trucks Full of 5 Cents Coins

PaperBlog - This morning more than 30 trucks filled up with coins of 5 cents arrived at Apple’s headquarters in California. Initially, the security company that protects the facility said it was diverted to the wrong place, but minutes later, Tim Cook (Apple CEO) received a call from Samsung CEO explaining that they will pay $1 billion dollars for the fine recently ruled against the South Korean company in this way.

I think this was debunked since Samsung is appealing the decision and wouldn't have given up the money yet. Plus, some people with lots of time did some weight and volume calculations and 30 trucks isn't enough. =P

Would be hilarious if Samsung did something like this though.

I think this was debunked since Samsung is appealing the decision and wouldn't have given up the money yet. Plus, some people with lots of time did some weight and volume calculations and 30 trucks isn't enough. =P

Would be hilarious if Samsung did something like this though.

Afraid that is still not possible.

$1B= 20 billion nickels, or 2x1010 nickels.

A US nickel weights 5 g, which puts the total weight at 108kg, or 105 metric tons, which takes 276 of the largest dump trucks in the world (e.g. a Caterpillar 797F which carries a max load of about 363 tons).

Archived