Posted Image

#32 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

Even if Sansung were to pay it won't happen for years as they are appealing so fake.

#33 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,385 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

This story isn't true.

As for the ruling, it's a joke...of course the tablets look alike, it's a general design that has been around for decades and Apple most certainly did not invent it:

Posted Image

ZOMG!!! The rectangular screen has little icons on it, and when you touch them it opens the programs!!!! Where is Palm in all of this?

If they want they can go after apple for it. I have no problems with that. Don't be hater dude, but that doesn't even function nearly as close to a android or apple phone.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#34 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

If they want they can go after apple for it. I have no problems with that. Don't be hater dude, but that doesn't even function nearly as close to a android or apple phone.

That wasn't really my point. What I was getting at was that Apple was going after Samsung, because the general design was similar to Apple's products. My point was that's ridiculous because the general design is something so basic, that you shouldn't be able to patent it.

If anyone is hating it's Apple. They know the can't compete with Samsung anymore, so they are using lawyers to shut the door on competition.

#35 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,297 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

theyd only need 200 million.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

In the States, you do not have accept lots of change as legal tender.

#37 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

Change as legal tender and the law.

In Canada as outlined in the Currency Act not including purchases using loonies or toonies the max is $10 in coins. For loonies its $25 and Toonies its $40.

In the USA you can use any denomination of coins to pay government agencies but private companies.persons or businesses are free to develop their own policies as to how and when to accept any denominations of cash except where there is a state law in place which says otherwise.

So Apple would be free to refuse the nickels as payment.

Posted Image

#38 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,990 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

What a bunch of teenage girls.

Samsung is being really childish about this. Glad too know you can trust such a professional company.

Edited by Armada, 29 August 2012 - 09:34 PM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#39 Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane

Assistant to Regional Manager

• Members
  • 14,313 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

This is fake... ^

You will be missed.

#40 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,297 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

Samsung is being really childish about this. Glad too know you can trust such a professional company.

:picard:

Posted Image

#41 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,385 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

That wasn't really my point. What I was getting at was that Apple was going after Samsung, because the general design was similar to Apple's products. My point was that's ridiculous because the general design is something so basic, that you shouldn't be able to patent it.

If anyone is hating it's Apple. They know the can't compete with Samsung anymore, so they are using lawyers to shut the door on competition.

General design is basic yes, but right now the samsung galaxy phones look somewhat similar to the iphones. Much more then Iphone to that device you just showed. And infact apple does have a legit case against not only Samsung but anyone that is making an smart phone in the mode of the iphone.
Lets put it this way, SAmsung should stick with their line of products. Apple is going to go after them hard. It's funny how they are inventing so many phones too, lol! They just introduced the windows phone, ironically they might be sued by Nokia, as that is their main line of phones. We'll see what happens. hahahah

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#42 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

General design is basic yes, but right now the samsung galaxy phones look somewhat similar to the iphones. Much more then Iphone to that device you just showed. And infact apple does have a legit case against not only Samsung but anyone that is making an smart phone in the mode of the iphone.
Lets put it this way, SAmsung should stick with their line of products. Apple is going to go after them hard. It's funny how they are inventing so many phones too, lol! They just introduced the windows phone, ironically they might be sued by Nokia, as that is their main line of phones. We'll see what happens. hahahah

:lol: :lol: :lol: :picard:

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#43 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

The patent is just for the basic design though and should never have been issued. You can't patent or copyright an idea. And even if you could, it wasn't Apple who came up with it.

The greatest losers in all of this are the consumers. Obviously some people love being spoonfed whatever overpriced product Apple gives them but choice is always a better thing.

To give people an idea of what is going on, this article shows one of the patents Apple is trying to enforce:

http://www.litigatin...ts-fun-but.html

Its a rectangular screen with a border around it.....Apple invented that? It's essentially an electronic clipboard.

#44 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,926 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

Why is it hard to believe that I actually did the math myself? Googling for information took longer than the calculation

While it's absolutely possible, and I applaud you if so, I found it ironic that in a thread based on thin air that some people were too ready to believe another person would equally be as quick to believe that someone did all their own math and should deserve credit.

It was more a point to not immediately believe something just because it's on the internet and sounds official versus any offence to you directly.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#45 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,990 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

This is fake... ^

Ya found out a few minutes after I made that post.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#46 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

Posted Image

Edited by GoaltenderInterference, 30 August 2012 - 12:30 PM.

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

#47 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

theyd only need 200 million.

5 dollar coins??? Did you know the $5 canadian coin is called the woody?

#48 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,926 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

Just an alternate verson of what GoaltenderInterference posted:
Posted Image

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#49 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,385 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

Posted Image

It's not even relevant. It's just another anti apple thing to make apple seem like they are not the first for something and they don't have a case. the Iphone is not the first smart phone. My friends were using smart phones back in 2005, however the Iphone is the first innovate smart phone ever made, that has the dial pad on the screen, and the first phone ever to have "applications." On top of that, apple was the first company to ever invent the tablet. The above is jsut another anti apple type of useless b.s. Also if any of those companies want, they can go after apple. I have no problem with that.

Samsung, please invent your own sh!t. Warranty with these guys is garbage. I'm kinda glad they got dinnged 1 billion.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#50 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

i hope they sent 1 cent coins..

Edited by jovocop55, 31 August 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#51 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

It's not even relevant. It's just another anti apple thing to make apple seem like they are not the first for something and they don't have a case. the Iphone is not the first smart phone. My friends were using smart phones back in 2005, however the Iphone is the first innovate smart phone ever made, that has the dial pad on the screen, and the first phone ever to have "applications." On top of that, apple was the first company to ever invent the tablet. The above is jsut another anti apple type of useless b.s. Also if any of those companies want, they can go after apple. I have no problem with that.

Samsung, please invent your own sh!t. Warranty with these guys is garbage. I'm kinda glad they got dinnged 1 billion.

How is Apple the first company to invent the tablet? Microsoft had one in 2000.

Edited by GoaltenderInterference, 31 August 2012 - 05:28 PM.

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

#52 Killa

Killa

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Dumb phones in the early 2000s had installable games. They were quite limited, but it was still possible. PDAs, Nokia S60 smartphones and Windows Mobile all had third party applications long before the iPhone was announced. In fact one of the most mentioned drawbacks of the iPhone at launch, and what made people question if the iPhone was even truly a smartphone, was the inability to install 3rd party applications (as well as the lack of copy and paste).

#53 dajusta

dajusta

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

Legally, Apple can tell the trucks to just turn around and go back so Samsung.

Every private business or company can have policies to reject a certain type of payment, like how some stores can reject larger bills such as $100.
I'm Christian
I won't judge you
No one is perfect
Only through Jesus
Will we find Truth

#54 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,385 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

Nokia can pretty much end this all.

... By releasing an android based phone. There are many people out there, on the internet even saying so. That if Nokia goes to Android, they are all over that phone, and no just one, but many people including a couple of my friends. Do it Nokida. YOu do this, you guys will own the smart phone market. Of course apple might be on their behinds too, but do it!

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#55 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,385 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

How is Apple the first company to invent the tablet? Microsoft had one in 2000.

Then Microsoft should sue the living !@#$% out of apple then. I wouldn't defend apple if that happened. If indeed they weren't the first to invent the tablet. That being said, I never even heard of that so called tablet pc, so kinda irrelevant. Might end up going nowhere.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#56 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:22 AM

That sh__ right there is hilarious even though it's not true!!!!

#57 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

Posted Image

#58 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,000 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

Wasn't the Apple Newton (as crappy as that was) before all these products? It was Palm that perfected that idea.

Technically all the patents should go to the writers of Star Trek, after all they had simulated touch screen consoles, pad devices, and mobile devices thought about before any manufacturer did.

Or even Chester Gould with Dick Tracy's wrist watch radio/tv receiver in it.

How about Commodore Computers shouldn't they sue Microsoft and Apple for stealing their ideas?

If you don't like Apple products, don't buy them. Better yet build something better yourself and get rich.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#59 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

Change as legal tender and the law.

In Canada as outlined in the Currency Act not including purchases using loonies or toonies the max is $10 in coins. For loonies its $25 and Toonies its $40.

In the USA you can use any denomination of coins to pay government agencies but private companies.persons or businesses are free to develop their own policies as to how and when to accept any denominations of cash except where there is a state law in place which says otherwise.

So Apple would be free to refuse the nickels as payment.

Absolutely!

#60 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

I also heard about the flying pigs. Its true, pigs do fly.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.