Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Okay, Something Needs to be Clarified

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#61 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,920 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

This team plays better with the lead and the lead has come from the PP in past years.

Edler and Garrison can begin to rectify the lack of PP on the rear but a healthy Kes was also lacking last year.

Biggest problem is what happens come playoff time as the PP's are few and far between and the cheap shots and foul play is plenty.

Need some presence up front when the going gets tough.Asking Kass to do it at his age and with his inexperience at the pro level may be asking far too much/too early so here's hoping for another addition to the top six.

#62 the boards

the boards

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

On a team with so much skill, dumping the puck in (ESPECIALLY on power plays) is ridiculous). Change the systems. If that means a new coach, so be it.

harrumph.
Of the dwarves, little is said.

#63 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

We had the right team 2 years ago, just unfortunate injuries piled up. We lost Torres and Rome to suspension. Samuelsson, Raymond, Malholtra, and Hamuis were injured. That's a good chunk of the team out of the line-up. It is no excuse but the Malholtra injury was such a jinx.
Posted Image

#64 FullMetalOilDrum

FullMetalOilDrum

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

I don't really fully understand why the Canucks have been poor in the playoffs and can't seem to win when it matters but I think it has something to do with the 2nd line wingers. Kesler is fine at centre but doesn't have the wing men to work with. I think trading Hodgeson too soon was a poor decision since he could of been tested as a winger even though he's a centre.

Edited by FullMetalOilDrum, 01 September 2012 - 09:36 AM.

Respect my favorite team, and I will respect yours.

#65 EddieVedder

EddieVedder

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

We had the right team 2 years ago, just unfortunate injuries piled up. We lost Torres and Rome to suspension. Samuelsson, Raymond, Malholtra, and Hamuis were injured. That's a good chunk of the team out of the line-up. It is no excuse but the Malholtra injury was such a jinx.

Not to mention Kesler playing with a broken hip, Erhoff with his dislocated shoulder, and Edler with his broken hand courtesy of a Lucic chop. Erhoff and especially Edler should not have been playing. I was sitting 4 rows back of the Nucks bench in game 5 and I can tell you I have never seen a hand in such bad shape before. I could see the absolute mess it was in from 25 feet away.

Samuelson, Raymond, Malhotra, Hamhuis, Erhoff, Edler, Kesler (im sure im missing others) all required major offseason surgeries. That is completely unheard of for any team.

The Bruins were without Horton, but remained virtually unscathed otherwise.

You can say what you want about injuries not being an excuse, but anyone whos played team sports understands that you cant play the system your designed to play if the players youve brought in to play that system cant physically play. The Nucks had no chance in that game 7.

Edited by EddieVedder, 01 September 2012 - 10:10 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.