The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What if Kesler were to be captain?

CrousettCanuck

With no disrespect to Henrik Sedin as he is a wonderful and leading captain I just have my own proposal and fresh idea to how Kesler being captain could have turned this team to a Cup in 2011, and even a potential Cup for next season (2012/13)

First of all, deciding between the Twins and then choosing one of them with obviously having Daniel know that his brother is and was chosen over him because they thought Henrik would be a better candidate for captain than him is kind of a slap in the face. Obviously, I am absolutely sure that Daniel is fine, but you know what I mean.

Secondly, that run of Kesler leading this team and really trying to push the Canucks into becoming more motivated to play harder and better as a result of Kesler leading by example was a huge example to prove that Kesler has the potential. Plus, if Kesler was chosen captain, then the Sedins can be on the same page as both of them were to be still A's and I honestly think that it would motivate Kesler a lot more than Henrik if he were to be chosen captain it would push this team in a different and more motivated direction.

Label me insane, but it could have worked...you guys have any thoughts?

post-92599-0-19947100-1346306614_thumb.j

post-92599-0-19947100-1346306614_thumb.j

Yeah, just go strip the C off one the most humble and best hockey players in the NHL today, a guy who does so much for the community, a guy who has been on the team his whole career and grown here and all will go off without a question and hand it over to Kesler who has a bad rep around the league and is a lot younger then Henrik....

Gee I wonder how big of an insult that is to Hank and how he would feel...

Once I read the title of this thread I was wondering how long it would take for this to be brought up. Wow first reply! One down year and he's already CDC's new whipping boy. Another 40 goal year and you guys won't care if falls down faster than a soccer player in the 18 yard box

First off, I doubt it would be a slap in the face to Daniel. Henrik did win the Hart and Art Ross that year. And they wouldn't have picked him if they thought he wouldn't be able to get the team going. Maybe he's more vocal than Daniel, who knows?

Secondly, it's just a letter anyway, Henrik and Kesler are both capable of motivating the team, Kesler doesn't need the "C" to lead.

It feels more appropriate for Henrik to be captain after everything he's done. Besides, we went to the finals in the first year of naming him captain... can't argue with that. Henrik is by far the better choice in my opinion.

The C is just a letter. There is very little chance that giving it to anyone else would make much of an impact. Hockey's a team sport with group leadership. People overanalyze the C too much, like it's some mystical ingredient to winning the Cup.

Archived