131 replies to this topic

#121 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

So, you're a fan of the Canucks, but you actually find that joke funny? What type of fan are you, the one that cheers them on when they only win?

I'm a fan that actually watched the playoffs.

3Goktj2.jpg

#122 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

I'm a fan that actually watched the playoffs.

I wouldn't get to worked up over this clown, that joke was hilarious.

Fans like you and me can make jokes about the team like that and laugh, that's just what real fans do.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 04 September 2012 - 02:31 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#123 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

I wouldn't get to worked up over this clown, that joke was hilarious.

Fans like you and me can make jokes about the team like that and laugh, that's just what real fans do.

Hehe, exactly.

3Goktj2.jpg

#124 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

Oh yay, another smart one that makes a half-whit joke and get's a bunch of likes even though I never implied or even wrote that I wanted Henrik to be captain.

So, you're saying you don't want Henrik to be captain? Since you have no grasp of subtlety, I'll explain it for you. I was using humour to exemplify how the only difference would be Kesler would have a 'C' on his jersey instead of an 'A'. The change is superficial and wouldn't have any impact. As many others have said in this thread, you don't need a letter to be a leader.

Also, something is incredibly ironic about you calling it half-whit

Does every on here actually have to mock this and blatantly insult me and claim me as doing something I am not or didn't do.

Well, if I was mocking or insulting anyone it was my aunt. You sure have thin skin my friend.

HENRIK IS A GREAT CAPTAIN, THAT WON'T CHANGE AND I NEVER WANTED IT TO NOR WILL. IT WAS A SCENARIO THEORY TO WONDER WHAT "IF" THEY GAVE THE "C" TO KESLER INSTEAD OF HANK.

YEAH MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS BROKEN TOO. What's a "scenario theory"?

See, now I'm mocking you.

I bet if I made this thread on a Montreal Canadiens or the Leafs thread/forum pages, I wouldn't have a bunch of immature fans being arrogant and even ignorant while mocking another fan.

Why don't you go join those message boards instead? I don't see how we're being "arrogant andeven ignorant" for disagreeing with you. Being a fellow fan doesn't excuse you from criticism.

The majority of you guys are being really pathetic. Have your input be more positive.

Their input is negative because they disagree with you.

I know when I reply to someones' thread I make sure it's positive. If there's a thread out there that I don't agree with and would only have something negative to say I would hold it back and not even write anything down.

So you don't want an actual discussion. You just want to be patted on the back and be told how awesome you are.

Once again, we wonder why were labeled the worst fans in the league.

We're labeled the worst fans in the league because of the riot and intense scrutiny this team is under in BC. There's no "wonder" about it. It's not because we said something on a forum. Go see how the Canucks are talked about on HFBoards and see how bad we are then.

Edited by CAPSLOCK, 05 September 2012 - 01:05 AM.

"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#125 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

If the only difference to the team would be that Kes had a "C" rather than "A" on his jersey, then why make the change. Frankly, I would rather have a more mature and classy Henrik as the captain.

#126 Jingling

Jingling

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

As much as I am a fan of Kesler, Henrik is the better choice.
  • Henrik is already the captain, so no point in changing without good reason.
  • Henrik's ability to make teammates better (Kesler has it too, but Henrik is more effective).
  • When on the PP, Henrik is the QB. He instructs where everyone goes in the moments leading to the faceoff.
  • Sedins have mentioned retiring from the NHL earlier than most would expect, to play in Sweden to help grow the game in their native country. Having one of them as captain ensures a longer tenure. In the end it might not matter because the twins simply want to win the Stanley Cup once, but the captaincy ensures they don't 'quit early.'
I think Henrik has a higher level of hockey intelligence than Kesler and that allows him to make better decisions for the team. I agree that Kesler would be a much more inspiring presence on the ice (speed, aggressiveness, willingness to sacrifice his body, etc). Some may argue that is more important than pure hockey intelligence. I find it's very debatable. There's definitely importance in both and the key is balance, but specifically with our team's situation - Henrik is the best overall choice.

There's other off-ice intangibles that should go into anyone's choice, but those would heavily favour Henrik anyway.

In the end, if the captaincy were passed to Kesler during this off-season, I think everything would be the same - except the Sedins would retire earlier if they won a cup already.

Edited by Jingling, 05 September 2012 - 07:51 PM.

#127 MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

No. I still love kesler though! Idgaf how bad a dive is, a dive is a dive. We all know every team dives.
La divers anyone? Dustin Brown dives more than kesler imo.. You guys sometimes pull logic outta ur ass.

#128 Sundin + Luongo =Cup

Sundin + Luongo =Cup

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

You think when Gillis said Kes would be ready to start the season he meant the season wont be starting until December? just sayin

#129 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

So, you're saying you don't want Henrik to be captain? Since you have no grasp of subtlety, I'll explain it for you. I was using humour to exemplify how the only difference would be Kesler would have a 'C' on his jersey instead of an 'A'. The change is superficial and wouldn't have any impact. As many others have said in this thread, you don't need a letter to be a leader.

Also, something is incredibly ironic about you calling it half-whit

Well, if I was mocking or insulting anyone it was my aunt. You sure have thin skin my friend.

YEAH MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS BROKEN TOO. What's a "scenario theory"?

See, now I'm mocking you.

Why don't you go join those message boards instead? I don't see how we're being "arrogant andeven ignorant" for disagreeing with you. Being a fellow fan doesn't excuse you from criticism.

Their input is negative because they disagree with you.

So you don't want an actual discussion. You just want to be patted on the back and be told how awesome you are.

We're labeled the worst fans in the league because of the riot and intense scrutiny this team is under in BC. There's no "wonder" about it. It's not because we said something on a forum. Go see how the Canucks are talked about on HFBoards and see how bad we are then.

Holy crap, hahaha.

That was funny.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#130 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

Gretzky isn't exactly a model coach now is he?

Yeah, you're right. So because Gretzky wasn't a model coach he was a crappy player, or just a crappy captain?

Rather have a captain with grit and intellect over skill.

And Gretzky only had intellect and skill. Yeah, I see why he was such a failure. The Leafs have Phaneuf, and he supposedly has grit but I'm not too sure about him having any skill or intellect.

So what you're getting at is you'd rather have a Shawn Horcoff on the team than a Henrik Sedin?

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#131 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,490 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:02 AM

No,Gretzky was a crappy coach and his on ice personality was that of a highly talented Ken Linesman.

Yappy,arrogant and blessed with enforcers or he would be pummelled into the ice for the rat he was.

#132 1970 and beyond

1970 and beyond

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

Still the same team. Don't think it would make much of a difference.

Been a fan from day one. Some of those days were good and some were bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.