The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best Swedish player of all time

Who is the best Swedish NHLer of all time?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anders Hedberg was better than most of the players on the list .. Lidstrom #1, Sundin #2, Forsberg #3, Salming #4, Hedberg #5, Henrik Sedin #6, Daniel Sedin #7, Kent Nilsson #8, Naslund #9, Alfredsson #10 ..

((FYI Hedberg's stats: (WHA and NHL) 751 games, 408 goals, 447 assists .. averaged 1.138 points per game .. ))

I'd put Salming at the top, but I am one of the minority on CDC who saw him play in his prime, he delivered probably the hardest hit I ever saw Gretzky take. Probably should have won a Norris or two except for a prejudice against Europeans at the time, as well as the presence of guys like Orr, Potvin, Robinson, & Brad Park.

Honourable Mention: 4 time cup winner Stefan Persson

http://en.wikipedia....on_(ice_hockey)

I hate the injury excuse. This is what makes Lidstrom the clear cut #1 on this list. His career was not ended by injuries. To me, he is the best d-man of all time. I understand the Orr arguement BUT the fact remains, his career ended early. It's very unfortunate that Orr didn't play longer, but Lidstrom is clearly the best ever due to his durability and ability to maintain his greatness through so many changes to the league over the years.

Lidstrom, Forsberg and King Henrik for their respective positions, agreed honorary mentions to Sundin, Naslund, Alfie (remarkable that he went from being a super-low pick with the Sens yet went on to do what he did) and the Sedins, who revolutionized the game in their own way with the Sedinery.

Too bad I wasn't around to see the other guys (Salming, Lindbergh, Mats Naslund, Nilsson or Loob)

Archived