The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

General Hockey Questions

Rate this topic

Why are assists not given out on penalty shot goals? Basically it acts as a play to replace the illegal one, so any player that would have got an assist on the original play should get one in the event of a successful penalty shot. Seems fair to me as most penalty shots come from breakaways often requiring a pretty nifty heads up pass.

or better yet, why arent second assists given to a goal scorer. seems to me that if Henrik makes a great play to daniel and daniel feeds it back to henrik who scores that should be a goal and an assist for henrik.

When was the last time Canucks scored over 8 goals in a game?

I remember them scoring 8 goals against the Islanders some years back.

i was at a game once where canucks beat kings 11-4 cant remember the year but it was a long time ago i also remeber the arena was pretty empty as i was able to move down to a better seat.

New Rules?

I saw something about closing hand on the puck (which I thought was already a rule. Does anyone have clarification on what the new rule is?

Are there other new rules, that I have missed?

thanks

New Rules?

I saw something about closing hand on the puck (which I thought was already a rule. Does anyone have clarification on what the new rule is?

Are there other new rules, that I have missed?

thanks

You are not allowed to cover the pick with your hands or you get a minor penalty. Also you can not win a face off by using your hands or you are assesed a delay of game penalty.

Heres a random question....

there is a delayed penalty, the goalie is on the bench, extra attacker on the ice....

The player on the power play is just leaving his defensive zone when the opposing player nudges his stick and the puck slides in to the empty net.....does it count???

Heres a random question....

there is a delayed penalty, the goalie is on the bench, extra attacker on the ice....

The player on the power play is just leaving his defensive zone when the opposing player nudges his stick and the puck slides in to the empty net.....does it count???

Can't see why it wouldn't. The player on the penalized team didn't touch the puck, therefore no possession and the whistle isn't blown to stop the play.

I have a question. Similar to how a defenseman can play on the 4th line if need be, can the back up goalie dress as a forward or a defenseman? And if a team is required to start the game with an eligible back up ( which I believe is the case), could a 4th line plug and the back up goalie switch places for a game, just for kicks?