The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bad Customer Service Thread!

SukhKular

SHARE YOUR BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCES!

My Slightly Unpleasant Customer Service Experience.

I walked into the Audio Video Unlimited on South Fraser Way in Abbotsford with my wife. I was dressed nicely. I drive a decent car and I shave regularly.

I was looking for a home theatre receiver. I like Sony products simply because they don't break down, at least in my experience, and most of the equipment I already own is Sony. A pushy salesman comes up and asks me what I am looking for. I've done loads of research online and only stopped by to check their selection and prices. I know the feature already.

I asked him where his lower end receivers are. (I'm not rich). He asks me the price range. I said up to $400. He points out the windows and said FutureShop is down the street. I smirked at him and started walking out the store. Then he grabs a brochure and says he's got one floor model Sony receiver for $229 but I had already made up my mind.

I ended up buying a $649 Denon receiver from Best Buy. Needless to say, I'll never step foot in that store again.

I walked into the Audio Video Unlimited on South Fraser Way in Abbotsford with my wife. I was dressed nicely. I drive a decent car and I shave regularly.

I was looking for a home theatre receiver. I like Sony products simply because they don't break down, at least in my experience, and most of the equipment I already own is Sony. A pushy salesman comes up and asks me what I am looking for. I've done loads of research online and only stopped by to check their selection and prices. I know the feature already.

I asked him where his lower end receivers are. (I'm not rich). He asks me the price range. I said up to $400. He points out the windows and said FutureShop is down the street. I smirked at him and started walking out the store. Then he grabs a brochure and says he's got one floor model Sony receiver for $229 but I had already made up my mind.

I ended up buying a $649 Denon receiver from Best Buy. Needless to say, I'll never step foot in that store again.

Your worst customer service experience will come from Best Buy if something goes wrong with the product.

I bought a phone from them 2 months ago. It started to act up, (turns out it was a network problem and nothing to do with the phone in the end, thankfully). I went in about 20 days after buying. I was told by the customer sales rep at BB that they only do exchanges on phones within 14 days, I would have to send the phone to the manufacturer, he would charge me for a new sim card if there was a problem with the sim card, and my only hope at getting a repair was to buy their warranty.

Confirmed with Telus that all phones are exchangedable under the DOA policy within 30 days, no matter where you buy them. Telus told me about the network problem, I tweaked a couple of settings and then the phone was fixed.

Not only did BB have zero idea about the network problem, despite the fact all dealerships had been notified, but they tried to avoid servicing my product and rip me off.

Sometimes a smaller place like Audio Video Unlimited can be the best option. BB has great prices, but awful everything else.

Doesnt beat The Brick trying to sell me a couch that he said was brand new and just had been taken out of the back yesterday. (Asked a question about the floor model)

So my dad lifted the cushions, found a crap ton of dirt, dust, wrappers, ect.

So my dad basically went ham on the guy and embarassed him. He did not say one word, just walked away.

He then avoided us the entire time there afterwards. We kept laughing the entire time we were there, myself extra loud so he heard. That was the first time I stepped foot in The Brick, and the LAST!

And Sukh you should of talked to the owner or manager, or you still can.

All I'm wondering is why you went to a store to buy your receiver.

I bought from newegg all my stereo equipment that was 70% cheaper than retail. Albeit, it was on sale, but still. The best buys and future shops of the world have INSANE mark up.

Haha.. terrible salesman.

Whatever you do, you NEVER direct a person to another competitor, unless that person was looking for directions elsewhere and came to you to ask.

Future Shop doesn't mean "cheap". The prices there are extremely marked up (not cheap), quoting another person in this thread (Stefan).

Archived