The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIGNING] Jordan Eberle signs 6 year $36M deal with Oilers

elvis15

Edmonton Oilers@NHL_Oilers

GM Steve Tambellini announces the #Oilers have agreed to terms with Jordan Eberle on a 6-year $36 million contract extension

Edmonton Oilers@NHL_Oilers

"I'm happy for the organization and I'm proud of Jordan, because he deserves it." - GM Tambellini on Eberle's extension

So they're saying he's worth the same as Hall, which is debatable. Only one year difference between the deals but same AAV of $6M per year.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=404173

The Edmonton Oilers have agreed to terms with forward Jordan Eberle on a six-year, $36 million contract extension.

The 22-year-old scored 34 goals and added 42 assists in 78 games for the Oilers last season.

In 147 career games with the Oilers, the Regina, Saskatchewan native has 52 goals and 119 total points.

Eberle was originally drafted by Edmonton in the first round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.

Solid signing.

Interesting responses. I like Eberle, and Hall has concerns over injury, but I think at total potential Hall is better than Eberle. I would have assumed Eberle would have made slightly less in his deal, but perhaps that would have been reflected if the term was the same (slightly lower cap hit as a result of longer term).

What happens when Yakupov and The Nuge need new contracts? Are they honestly gonna pay 24m+ For 4 Players? Don't forget about Schultz and the other young guns on that team...

I really like the way Edmonton has built their team from the draft...but I see a Chicago-esque collapse in their future.

What happens when Yakupov and The Nuge need new contracts? Are they honestly gonna pay 24m+ For 4 Players? Don't forget about Schultz and the other young guns on that team...

I really like the way Edmonton has built their team from the draft...but I see a Chicago-esque collapse in their future.

Archived