The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik Sedin at Metrotown

sangalicious

After what happened with the NHL 11 release, I will not be attending. I was one of the lucky few who actually met both Sedins that time, so I am content with not going.

What happened last time was that over 1,000 people showed up, all hell broke loose and everyone rushed the doors, cops came in to control the crowd, a select few got to go in (first 500), it was like a big mob packed in under the roof outside the entrance of Metrotown.

EB Games has no organizational skills!!

Honestly, the Canucks draw a huge crowd now so crowd management is extremely important. Hopefully, they'll have a good handle on things and it will be organized.

I believe that, for events like this involving the Canucks, a $5-$10 donation per entrance should be implemented, with the money going to Canuck Place. That way, some would give it a pass and the hounds who go for no other reason than to collect autographs for profit would have to also contribute.

A line up is usually pretty ineffective...hordes of enthusiastic eager beavers often do rush the line or conveniently join in with friends ahead of them. So it's pretty unfair to those trying to do it fairly and they get left in the dust at times.

(PS: it's not a crime to not be able to distinguish between Danrik. Heniel. Oh, never mind. The point being you may be taking life too seriously if it "angers" you when people can't)

Sounds like what happened at the Metallica concert, people got thrown out, when they shouldnt have. (me). I was the one screaming for help, and the security guy laughed at me, I push back and I get thrown out. Awesome. My question to them, why would I be so freaked out, I had great seats in the second row?? Where is the logic in that? Sigh, people are so angry here...

Archived